Clarifying the NCAA eligibility rules | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Clarifying the NCAA eligibility rules

So both answers are correct depending on what method you use. Interesting
If you go by the order of operations (PEMDAS), there is only one answer.
who knows.gif

4.0 GPA at Cornell, father as coach, brother on team, and gym in the house. Bet he can pick up zone rotations quickly.
Yes. He and Symir have been watching Syracuse play the 2-3 their whole lives. They are much better positioned to pick it up quickly than a typical Syracuse recruit.

4.0 GPA at Cornell, father as coach, brother on team, and gym in the house. Bet he can pick up zone rotations quickly.
4.0 at Cornell is impressive. So which guy would you bet has more earning power after college - Jimmy or Buddy?

4.0 at Cornell is impressive. So which guy would you bet has more earning power after college - Jimmy or Buddy?
What a great question...that could go a few different ways. Buddy will have coaching in his future when his playing days are over. Jimmy can end up very well on Wall St. His last name along with everything else won't hurt either. Let's take it out to age 60 I say Jimmy.

Oh, I forgot. You’re still not sure Edwards is coming back.
Stay on topic please. Actually, never mind.

I‘m going to stop commenting on this board because at this point none of us knows what the team will be like next year until they actually start playing. We keep having the same old arguments with the same lack of information on all sides.

Except you completely ignored the qualifier that begins that sentence.

WINTER SPORT ATHLETES WHO COMPETE DURING 2020-21...

Athletes who don‘t compete, like the Ivys, do not get an extra year, they retain their original eligibility (if they played 3 seasons, they will get still get one more as Covid didn‘t take the extra year away even if its going to be played in year 6)

If athlete plays during Covid season, that athlete is 6 years to play 5

If athlete DOES NOT play during Covid season, that athlete is 6 years to play 4

Everybody gets an extra year in total for the standard 4 years of playing eligibility but the only way to play 5 years is to actually play during the Covid year
Agreed, though it conflicts with the language in the initial post which creates the ambiguity.

I‘m going to stop commenting on this board because at this point none of us knows what the team will be like next year until they actually start playing. We keep having the same old arguments with the same lack of information on all sides.
Was your hypothetical on topic?

What a great question...that could go a few different ways. Buddy will have coaching in his future when his playing days are over. Jimmy can end up very well on Wall St. His last name along with everything else won't hurt either. Let's take it out to age 60 I say Jimmy.
I agree with you.

Only thing we know for sure, or that UpstateSM knows for sure, is a certain player is coming back. He had a dream about it, something about ripping darts and pounding some coldies yesterday... anyway. Those are the facts,

Ha. Doesn’t matter because they’re all playing 1 more and wrapping it.
Does this mean that you believe Buddy won’t use his extra year? And Jim Boeheim’s final year is next year - 2021-22?

Does this mean that you believe Buddy won’t use his extra year? And Jim Boeheim’s final year is next year - 2021-22?
I mean who really knows right? But it seems like the perfect bow on the package. And I look at 2022 and see no recruits and I wonder why...

I mean who really knows right? But it seems like the perfect bow on the package. And I look at 2022 and see no recruits and I wonder why...
How many kids in the class of 2022 have made their decision as of now? Without the ability to visit the schools, it seems kids are holding off on their decisions.

I think Buddy and Jimmy have two years left just as I think they're both going to forgo scholarships and play as walk-ons so that SU can have more bench projects who never play a meaningful minute.

I think Buddy and Jimmy have two years left just as I think they're both going to forgo scholarships and play as walk-ons so that SU can have more bench projects who never play a meaningful minute.
Jimmy does not have two years left. For the 1,000,000th time.

Buddy Boeheim (youngest son) can play two more years.

Jimmy Boeheim (oldest son) can play one more year.

Jim Boeheim (dad) can apparently coach forever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom