Clemson Attendance Thread | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance Thread

We need to win this game or else next year the "I'm not wasting my money because they never win the big game" excuse is still there to use.

It would be better if Clemson wasn't 2-2 but we just need to beat one of these brands at home or else the whiney casuals have an excuse that you can't really refute.
Crazy it's been 5 years since we crushed FSU in the dome. The Notre Dame and FSU games last year really hurt the momentum we built up early last season.

Hotels are way overpriced, especially when they’re located near anywhere that has anything at all to do. Paying $250+ for a nights sleep is ridiculous.

And $250 for a round trip flight? I can’t remember the last time I spent less than $400 on a round trip flight. I gotta get better about booking further in advance I guess?
When I was in NYC I'm pretty sure I could get round trip from Newark for $98 through United if I booked at the right time. Really made bus or train not worth it at all.

Crazy it's been 5 years since we crushed FSU in the dome. The Notre Dame and FSU games last year really hurt the momentum we built up early last season.
And that Notre Dame game was over after the first snap. If you're a casual and that's the only game you went to last season, I disagree with the logic, but I can't really get on you if you're choosing not to go to this game.

We have had some good wins but we just haven't had THE win since that FSU game. There are some similarities between that game and Saturday and Dino is due for a huge one... so hopefully this is the one.

And that Notre Dame game was over after the first snap. If you're a casual and that's the only game you went to last season, I disagree with the logic, but I can't really get on you if you're choosing not to go to this game.

We have had some good wins but we just haven't had THE win since that FSU game. There are some similarities between that game and Saturday and Dino is due for a huge one... so hopefully this is the one.

No doubt this is going to be a game

I'm a bit worried about our ability to run and our ability to stop the run. Shipley is the best back we have faced. We really need to be able to catch the ball this week.

Hotels are way overpriced, especially when they’re located near anywhere that has anything at all to do. Paying $250+ for a nights sleep is ridiculous.

And $250 for a round trip flight? I can’t remember the last time I spent less than $400 on a round trip flight. I gotta get better about booking further in advance I guess?
I fly out from LGA or JFK with Jetblue or Delta. Time to you fly in also matters. I tend to come to Syracuse in the morning so that I can go over to the university and network then fly home early so I can still have a full day ahead of me.

This would be a great tactic, but is the university willing to eat the loss?

The SB Nation site wrote a piece on this topic:
Syracuse football should be attracting a capacity crowd for Clemson. Instead, fans are lukewarm.

Dumbass article. People can get tix for less. The very same Ticketmaster site has tix for less. StubHub has tix for $45. SU sold tickets the past week for $40 and all others 40% off. People didn’t pound those tix and still aren’t. People don’t want to go. Has nothing to do with the price. Cheaper tix than that $73 are out there and easy to access.

I'm a bit worried about our ability to run and our ability to stop the run. Shipley is the best back we have faced. We really need to be able to catch the ball this week.
Agreed.

We need to create negative plays on defense to keep them off schedule. Put the game in Klubnik's hands instead of their OL and Shipley. He will make mistakes forcing it or holding on to the ball too long in the pocket.

Shrader needs to play his ass off. Probably going to need 250+ in the air and 100+ on the ground. It's not fair to him but I have a hard time seeing LeQuint getting going consistently in the traditional run game.

None of it matters if we drop passes, though. Time for one of these young guys to really step up and Alford needs to be locked in the entire game. If Brown or Hatcher makes a mistake you can live with that but Alford HAS to be Shrader's rock. Still hoping that Dino is playing games and Jones is good to go but not expecting it.

Nut up or shut up time. The best kind of football game.

Student tix aren’t sold out. Ottos army said there are 1,000 left.
Yeah a little under 1,000 left but a little under 1,000 left from breaking the record for biggest Cuse student section at a football game. So students will definitely be there in force. It would be nice to have a sellout crowd. But Saturday at noon will be rowdy and loud. Go Cuse

Doesn’t a lot of the blame here have to go on the Alumni? Hundreds of thousands of alums within a 5 hour drive of the Dome and its Homecoming weekend?

I think we have to give up on the community, the support just isn’t there. Alumni don’t have to show out for all home games, but a 4-0 team playing their biggest home opponent on Homecoming weekend and the crowd is looking like that? Gross.
Sadly a good chunk of that alumni base also went to school when the football program was awful. It’s amazing I travel up 5 hours for most games as an alum given I endured the worst seasons of all time while a student.

Yeah a little under 1,000 left but a little under 1,000 left from breaking the record for biggest Cuse student section at a football game. So students will definitely be there in force. It would be nice to have a sellout crowd. But Saturday at noon will be rowdy and loud. Go Cuse

Yea they’ll be loud and rowdy and will hopefully break their record. I was just commenting on the sell out.

If you are worried about pricing now, just wait until next year. Prices are not going down, but up. Ten year seat licensing will go into effect next year for football and basketball. Nothing will be grandfathered, even if you have tickets since the Dome opened in 1980. Imagine what prices would be for this game if capacity was less than 43,000. There would be no deals on tickets. The one message I heard is that season ticket holders will be taken care of (I believe at a cost), otherwise everything is going to be much different and more expensive. SU has researched what other ACC programs charge and we are currently too cheap. True or not, that’s what I’ve heard.

If you are worried about pricing now, just wait until next year. Prices are not going down, but up. Ten year seat licensing will go into effect next year for football and basketball. Nothing will be grandfathered, even if you have tickets since the Dome opened in 1980. Imagine what prices would be for this game if capacity was less than 43,000. There would be no deals on tickets. The one message I heard is that season ticket holders will be taken care of (I believe at a cost), otherwise everything is going to be much different and more expensive. SU has researched what other ACC programs charge and we are currently too cheap. True or not, that’s what I’ve heard.
SU has small attendance compared to the rest of the conference. Can’t do PSL successfully

Where is that coming from?

There aren’t going to be PSL’s lol

Just a quick FYI on the student tickets left. They are being sold in sections 316-322. Might be trying to fill in the upper row.

So the regular student section half of 102 to the band and overflow in 305-307 are sold out? That's pretty good. Do they still do additional overflow in 313-315?

316-322 covers the entire away team sideline.

I heard directly from my ticket rep at the STH meeting in the new lounge area that some sections will go up, and some “might even go down”. The doom and gloom thing is bunk.

Not throwing shade at you, but whoever is telling you that is not correct.

So the regular student section half of 102 to the band and overflow in 305-307 are sold out? That's pretty good. Do they still do additional overflow in 313-315?

316-322 covers the entire away team sideline.
Yes, students first fill in from our designated area to the band. Then we have that overflow in 305-307. 315-317 is still available for Boston College but not for Clemson... maybe we sold that out or they are not offering it for this game. Students can buy tickets now in 316-322. The only section sold out there is 319. There are only 569 tickets left.

Dumbass article. People can get tix for less. The very same Ticketmaster site has tix for less. StubHub has tix for $45. SU sold tickets the past week for $40 and all others 40% off. People didn’t pound those tix and still aren’t. People don’t want to go. Has nothing to do with the price. Cheaper tix than that $73 are out there and easy to access.
You don't have to like the article. It's the reality of the situation with differing views much like this thread.

I heard directly from my ticket rep at the STH meeting in the new lounge area that some sections will go up, and some “might even go down”. The doom and gloom thing is bunk.

Not throwing shade at you, but whoever is telling you that is not correct.
My ticket rep told me last week there will be ten year seat licensing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom