Clemson Attendance Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance Thread

JW said we will have over 40. That mens were in the 39 or more sold level now. Say what you will about JW , He’s not one to blow smoke up your ——

Oh really????

He also said he would never sell a home game ever again…

And here we are with the Yankee stadium Pitt game……

40k will be the announced attendance, everyone knows the actual number is always a few thousand below that number:

Also, when Bees joins in on the negative you know I’m not being overly negative but say what you will

Looking at the map that just looks like a stretch.
Only can go by the info I was given. And people over look the biggest issue with ticket sales from years ago. Its till the creating of resale ticket sites.

When you dont know what you dont know you buy tickets.. Now you login and see all the resale and the reg sale and you can pick and choose.

I mean you have to think a few K of tickets were sold and resold on those sites, years ago most people might be an extra 1 or 2 but you were not buying 3-4-5 walking in to the scalpers. Now those people just rebuy sold seats and su gets no bump in sales.

the longer you wait the better the pricing gets..

Agreed.

The school knows where their ticket buyers live. Unrealistic to push people two, three hours away in any sort of major campaign. Scooch's words but we wont get to scale on that.

I really wish the mythology of a four hour drive from NYC would stop. Maybe if you launch from Westchester...

From my experience it's always taken me ~4 hours to get from NYC to campus, I come from Manhattan and have tried different routes but it's generally be around the same time

Oh really????

He also said he would never sell a home game ever again…

And here we are with the Yankee stadium Pitt game……

40k will be the announced attendance, everyone knows the actual number is always a few thousand below that number:

Also, when Bees joins in on the negative you know I’m not being overly negative but say what you will
39 to 40 K sold right now . Bees said he thinks there are more then 8k available. I agree with that .

Agreed, biggest home game of the year and these kids have put in so much work to get to where they are. Can’t even imagine how up they are for this game, would hate for there to be an overly disappointing crowd. Hopefully we get a late surge here.

And I want to be realistic -- I'm not expecting a full-capacity / 50K crowd.

But 44K would mean no big "gaps," even though there would be some intermittent empty seats.

Would look good from the field when the players look up, would look good on TV, and would make for a lot of noise once the game starts.

I used to consistently do 3:30 from downtown Jersey City and occasionally 3:15 with no traffic. I have down under 3:45 from Westchester. The Bronx shouldn't be much more longer. Manhattan depends on where and when you leave. Long Island, Brooklyn, Queens are all treks. They will be longer.

Crossing bridges adds a lot of time.

Jersey City to Cuse is 244 miles. That driving is, pretty fast and lucky.

I think people will be surprised how many are in the dome tomorrow. Think there will be some big movement today and early tomorrow. I’m gonna say around 45k. People are gonna think that’s crazy but have a good feeling that’s where it ends up
I'm not sure it will be that high, but we typically do have a lot of late sales for games like this in football and basketball. I'm confident the dome will look great late in the first quarter.

Crossing bridges adds a lot of time.

Jersey City to Cuse is 244 miles. That driving is, pretty fast and lucky.

It is all highway driving. No one is getting pulled over for going 70 in a 65.

Google maps says Times Square to the Dome is typically 4-5 hours. So if you get lucky and don't hit traffic getting out of the city, 4 seems possible. Then again people in Manhattan typically don't have cars to drive up to the Dome.

Brooklyn, Queens, and Long Island peeps have an excuse. North/Central Jersey and Westchester can be done under 4 no problem.

It is all highway driving. No one is getting pulled over for going 70 in a 65.

Google maps says Times Square to the Dome is typically 4-5 hours. So if you get lucky and don't hit traffic getting out of the city, 4 seems possible. Then again people in Manhattan typically don't have cars to drive up to the Dome.

Brooklyn, Queens, and Long Island peeps have an excuse. North/Central Jersey and Westchester can be done under 4 no problem.

My launch point from NYC is further and it sadly hits a wall of traffic before freedom. And do do it at your pace is 80 mph. Good for you to get it done.

Will still say eight hours at best of roundtrip driving isn't realistic for scale.

Where they should really focus their attention on marketing is the Binghamton area

When we were working on trying to do an event down here with some of the coaches etc they found that Broome county is one of the highest or the highest concentration of season ticket holders/ticket buyers outside of Onondaga county

Some good ideas here but as a WNYer I think marketing to WNY area is a tough gig. Not many SU students come from those areas and the rest of the population cares more about the pro teams + UB when they're relevant. A lot of SU students/alum come from Downstate NY/NJ/PA with some Massachusetts and CT sprinkled in. Those alum pretty much won't drive 4+ hours and only go to the Metlife/Yankee Stadium/MSG games

Yeah WNY does not care about SU athletics past Rochester. For the most part, they don't care about college athletics much as a whole. It's a pro sports town and anything that isn't Bills/Sabres related doesn't get paid much attention (unless UB actually does anything, and even then it takes a while to catch on).

Yup, and 2019 attendance was ready to explode after the 10 win season. Season ticket sales were way up and then we dropped a huge duce for the next 3 years. Syracuse is a wait an see town because they have been burned time and time again over the last 25 years.
And not only that, it seems just as the hype train is about to explode the sky rains poo on us.

2019: just gotta get through Liberty and Maryland and then we get boatraced by Maryland.

2022: 6-0. Everyone has bought in. Sell out NC State. Then we dominated Clemson in the first half and but for that late hit, I think we win. Still sell out ND and then pick 6 on the first play and 6-0 becomes 6-5.

I hope there's a good late push today. But what do people really expect?

Particularly in the upper bowl there was some concern with stationary arm rests and cup holders due to how narrow the rows are. They were unsure if replacing the benches with seats would make it better or worse. I have seen a couple of articles in the media that have said that the new seats will have cupholders so I hope this has been resolved.
I think only lower bowl will have cupholders.

Unfortunately I still have 4 hours until I leave for my flight but I can confirm I have spent more time on this site today than looking at my email inbox.

As it should be!

They’ve knocked a whole $3 off of the 300 level seats,
31D546B2-A2A4-4E6E-87C3-2A4FFA9B0EBB.jpeg

SU knocked a whole $3 off of the 300 level seats,

Prices are plunging on the resale market.
Yep Stub Hub is selling alot of tickets today .

I look at ticketmaster and seats in my section are down to $66 and the same are seats on stubhub are for $90..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom