Clemson fan visiting question | Syracusefan.com

Clemson fan visiting question

Kcorb

Walk On
First time to Syracuse game and bringing my three boys age 16, 14 and 12 to check out a new venue along with a friend and his two boys.

We would like to tailgate somewhat close to the stadium, any parking addresses or GPS coordinates of close parking? Plan on being there at least 4-5 hours before kickoff or earlier if needed to get a decent spot.

Suggestions for anything to see on campus also would be appreciated, always enjoy walking different campuses.

Places to eat and watch games walking distance to dome? (where dads can have a couple beers but OK for 12-16 year old kids)

Thanks in advance and looking forward to the trip, good to have some new road trip destinations.

First time to Syracuse game and bringing my three boys age 16, 14 and 12 to check out a new venue along with a friend and his two boys.

We would like to tailgate somewhat close to the stadium, any parking addresses or GPS coordinates of close parking? Plan on being there at least 4-5 hours before kickoff or earlier if needed to get a decent spot.

Suggestions for anything to see on campus also would be appreciated, always enjoy walking different campuses.

Places to eat and watch games walking distance to dome? (where dads can have a couple beers but OK for 12-16 year old kids)

Thanks in advance and looking forward to the trip, good to have some new road trip destinations.

For eats go to Marshall Street, it will be full of cuse fans maybe they won't notice the Clemson if your wearing orange.

I would check out Varsity before the game... Pizza and beer and one of the closest eats to the Dome. I would not check out Varsity after the game, especially if the good guys win.

Last edited:

Go on internet an get TexanMarks Tailgate guide for Syracuse. Search TexanMark Taigate and you will find it. It has almost everything you would need.

Varsity pizza is family friendly and historical for the university. Dinosaur BBQ is where you want to eat when you are not on campus( highly recommend. Amazing beers/atmosphere. Also family friendly)

I recommend parking somewhere off E. Adams St. Tailgating at Syracuse is unlike any venue you will ever see. Its urban tailgating. We have probably 100 different locations around campus with parking lots / grassy areas etc where people tailgate. Its actually a really cool thing to see when you are not used to it. If you park and tailgate off E. Adams you will be able to experience Marshall St and the Heart of the University. Simply follow the crowds on the walk up to The Dome for gametime. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Good luck

Unless you have a parking pass, go to Skytop parking. they run a bus shuttle bus from there to the Dome. You won't find parking near the stadium.

Many people tailgate on the other side of The Dome in the fine lot etc however i think its easier for visitors to get the whole experience off Adams st and in that general area. Just my opinion. I have parked there my whole life and love it. If you get to certain areas early enough you will not have to pay to park. I have never once paid to park for SU Football/basketball/lax. I park behind a bank off Adams.

Unless you have a parking pass, go to Skytop parking. they run a bus shuttle bus from there to the Dome. You won't find parking near the stadium.
Skytop is great but for a visitor wanting to see the campus and Marshall st etc it isnt very convenient you know? The buses dont go down to Marshall

here ya go

http://www.texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com

Thanks! Mapped East Adams and that is perfect distance to campus and dome. Is 4-5 hours before kickoff sufficient to find parking there?

Depends a lot on when final game time is. Right now still TBD. Generally the later the game time, you have to show up earlier to be sure of getting parking. Also this game will be a near sell out which makes parking more dicey.
The game is also SUs homecoming weekend I believe.

park on S McBride St. close to 81 and the Dome. plenty of side streets near there as well...E Raynor, E Castle, Van Buren etc...

enjoy.

Oh Lord

Thanks! Mapped East Adams and that is perfect distance to campus and dome. Is 4-5 hours before kickoff sufficient to find parking there?

It should be. Lot of late comers allow an early visitor like yourself a chance to get a good parking place--but don't be too sure about getting free street parking. Plan on putting out some $$$ to park in a lot--won't get ripped off. I have also found that going up University Place can pay off as well--fraternities allow some parking behind their houses and it's more or less in the center of things.

Varsity is crazy and fun--I think your kids will like it. Hope you have a great time before the game. Hope your game experience is otherwise. ;)

park on S McBride St. close to 81 and the Dome. plenty of side streets near there as well...E Raynor, E Castle, Van Buren etc...

enjoy.

Oh Lord
Do not listen to this poster, not a good area.

the fine lot has lots of great Syracuse tailgators two blocks from the stadium...your more than welcome to show up and have some fun and then help us rejoice in our Syracuse victory afterwards.

there should be a thread going about it shortly if not already posted

Do not listen to this poster, not a good area.
I park by Dr. King school for most games for free and sometimes they open up the school lot for 5 bucks.

Many people tailgate on the other side of The Dome in the fine lot etc however i think its easier for visitors to get the whole experience off Adams st and in that general area. Just my opinion. I have parked there my whole life and love it. If you get to certain areas early enough you will not have to pay to park. I have never once paid to park for SU Football/basketball/lax. I park behind a bank off Adams.
Blasphemer!!

It's nice to hear from a Clemson fan whose post doesn't start with: "We're great and you suck"! At any rate, while there are many tailgates, the one most popular with fans on this site is the FINE MESS. It's a play on words (the parking lot's name is FINE LOT), and you will find a reminder of where the parody comes from in my avatar.

TexanMark is one of the Fine Mess tailgaters, along with many of the moderators of this board and (once in a while) SU coaches and families of players. The food is excellent, along with the beer. Look up Texan Mark's tailgate guide (link below) and you will find directions. But I agree that parking at south campus (near manley field house) and taking the shuttle to the dome at least 2 HOURS before game time is the best option. That strategy will provide you with plenty of time to find the dome and walk down the other side of the hill to West stadium parking where the FINE LOT (and FINE MESS) are located. There will be a Policeman at the nearby intersection (Pete) who'll direct you.

http://texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com/2011/07/syracuse-tailgate-and-visitors-guide-11.html

I usually park over on walnut where all the frats and sororities are, free parking. But I'd go with Marks guide.
For food you def have to go with Varsity, great pizza. On campus you should definitely get a picture with the Ernie Davis Statue. Just walk around and check out the campus. You do have other food places on Marshall Street, Zonies, pita pit, sliders?, and a couple others, just in case you want something else.

For a visiting fan I would most definitely advise this

Varsity pizza is family friendly and historical for the university. Dinosaur BBQ is where you want to eat when you are not on campus( highly recommend. Amazing beers/atmosphere. Also family friendly)

I recommend parking somewhere off E. Adams St. Tailgating at Syracuse is unlike any venue you will ever see. Its urban tailgating. We have probably 100 different locations around campus with parking lots / grassy areas etc where people tailgate. Its actually a really cool thing to see when you are not used to it. If you park and tailgate off E. Adams you will be able to experience Marshall St and the Heart of the University. Simply follow the crowds on the walk up to The Dome for gametime. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. Good luck

Plenty of lots where you will able able to park if you come early enough. You may have to pay $15-20 to park, but it's pretty close to all the action. Most people just park and set up your tailgate wherever you are parked. Right around that area is where all the bars, and restaurants are as well, then a short walk up to campus, and the Dome. (No more then 10 minutes. One thing you will notice about tailgating at Syracuse is absolute chaos. There are people every and anywhere surrounding the Dome, but this is a pretty populated spot where you will actually find people standing right along side a pretty busy street just getting after it. Highly recommended for a visiting fan.