Clemson fan visiting question | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson fan visiting question

Got our plan together and using a lot of the above suggestions. Will be parked and out and about on campus by 10AM. Thanks for the help and good luck!
Enjoy! Like others have said, the campus is really beautiful this time of year with great views across the Onondaga Valley.

On a sidenote, if you have more time to kill, checking out the Green Lakes area is also really nice. I just went there with 20 of my friends and just had a nice campfire and walked around the lakes. Very pretty.

It's probably a 15-20 minute drive from campus.

Last edited:
Bring your passport and head to the Canadian side of the falls. It's much better than the American side. I believe kids 18 and under just need their birth certificate.

Haven't read through the whole thread, but yeah, I can't stress this part enough. I live about an hour and a half from Niagara Falls. Highly, highly recommend the Canadian side if you can manage it. I've done the Maid of the Mist (which was an amazing experience) as well as the thing where you walk behind the falls (can't remember what it was called, but also very cool).

If you make it to the Canadian side, also highly recommend Antica Pizzeria. It was featured on the Canadian version of Food Network; award winning thin-crust wood-grilled pizzas. Amazing food there.

And if you have extra time, if you drive about a half hour further North, you'll hit Niagara-On-The-Lake, which is a gorgeous smaller town with nice shops and restaurants and stuff if you want to escape the tourists.

Man, Clemson fans are really freaking nice so far. I'm going to hate wishing them all a fiery death when we play next Saturday.
Nevermind. I went to Tigernet and saw that they're kinda acting like jerks over there. Granted, I wouldn't expect anyone to be overly nice in the week of a game, so I'm not bothered, but a lot of the dudes over there are saying jerkweed things about Syracuse, both the city and school.

When walking around inside the dome I would suggest seeing the heismen trophy won by Ernie Davis (first by an African American should have been second and the first should be Jim Brown's right next to it in the trophy case but I digress) as well as the 2003 basketball Nat'l championship trophy. Both on the lower level.

What section? I've never really explored the lower level of the dome.

Nevermind. I went to Tigernet and saw that they're kinda acting like jerks over there. Granted, I wouldn't expect anyone to be overly nice in the week of a game, so I'm not bothered, but a lot of the dudes over there are saying jerkweed things about Syracuse, both the city and school.

Tigernet is a large community and like any other large community you are bound to have some jerks.

Not fans of SU having 4 seasons and fancy book learnin?

Tigernet is a large community and like any other large community you are bound to have some jerks.
I agree completely. There are Syracuse fans who act like tools every week, too. Obviously, those are not the people who represent the entire fanbase for ANY school.

I would imagine that contingent of fans won't be making the trek north into "yankee" country? But yeah that's true of all fanbases although most stuff on here is merely in jest.

Haven't read through the whole thread, but yeah, I can't stress this part enough. I live about an hour and a half from Niagara Falls. Highly, highly recommend the Canadian side if you can manage it. I've done the Maid of the Mist (which was an amazing experience) as well as the thing where you walk behind the falls (can't remember what it was called, but also very cool).

If you make it to the Canadian side, also highly recommend Antica Pizzeria. It was featured on the Canadian version of Food Network; award winning thin-crust wood-grilled pizzas. Amazing food there.

And if you have extra time, if you drive about a half hour further North, you'll hit Niagara-On-The-Lake, which is a gorgeous smaller town with nice shops and restaurants and stuff if you want to escape the tourists.
Will getting across the border be more difficult with the government shutdown? I'm sure it won't be closed, but they may be short-staffed and backed up. If there's a problem, it will be in getting back to the US side, so leave some cushion in your schedule.