Clemson fan visiting question | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson fan visiting question

Thanks! Mapped East Adams and that is perfect distance to campus and dome. Is 4-5 hours before kickoff sufficient to find parking there?
Should be...just drive up Adams from I-81 and look for lots across the street from the Marshal Square...that early the Greeks will have parking too.

be carefull about street parking .. the parking switches sides of street at 6pm .. they are very tow happy so be sure to check signs .. lot parking is the best bet especially if you are very early you can get close ..

If ossible I would recommend to you to take a couple of extra days and then your passport. Niagra Falls (go into Canada) is about 2 hours away. the Thousand Islands region, one of my favorites in the world, is about an hour and a half north Cooperstown is about an hour and a half southeast. A drive to Cooperstown this time of year would be something you would not forget

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Thanks! Mapped East Adams and that is perfect distance to campus and dome. Is 4-5 hours before kickoff sufficient to find parking there?

In Syracuse, parking staff doesn't even arrive until 5 hours before kickoff.

If ossible I would recommend to you to take a couple of extra days and then your passport. Niagra Falls (go into Canada) is about 2 hours away. the Thousand Islands region, one of my favorites in the world, is about an hour and a half north Cooperstown is about an hour and a half southeast. A drive to Cooperstown this time of year would be something you would not forget

If your gang likes baseball, do Cooperstown. Pretty little town, great time of year for weather, the BEST Hall of Fame for any sport... and your boys are at a great age for it. Went when I was younger, didn't care. Went with friends when I was about your boys age. Loved it.

1) By all means, check out the TexanMark tailgate guide.

2) go to Marshall street to soak in the atmosphere. Varsity is good too.

3) go to the Quad about an hour and a half before the game to check out the band at Hendricks chapel

4) stop at the statue of Ernie Davis to rub his foot for good luck. (Think like he's a rock.)

5) stop in at the tailgate at the Fine Lot, and share a beer with the SyracuseFan.com group

I still think Cosmo's pizza is much, much better than the Varsity pizza.

Try to get a Hoffman's coney outside the Dome west of the stadium.

I think parking down on the north side of campus is the best bet for a visitor. Given that you are a visitor and it appears you want to park in walking distance to the dome, you will need to find a good pay lot. As noted, E. Adams has some. There is a lot on University & East Adams that is a pay lot. Yes, get there 4-5 hours early. I also know of a pay lot on University & Harrison. Yes, it's an extra block away from the dome but it is a good bet there will be spots available. There is also a large parking garage on University which will certainly have space but not the place you want to tailgate. It's a nice garage though if all you want to do is park. Parking in this area means that when you walk to the dome, on your way to the dome (or back), you can visit Marshall St. or the Varsity as people noted. I think a bar like Faegans would be a good spot before the game. Chucks is a little rougher around the edges but I have seen kids there and you can get a table & pitchers, etc. There is no smoking in NYS bars to you won't have to worry about that. I know Phoebe's has been passing out flyers to get people to go before games and featuring more pub-like food. It's a little nicer but a little farther to walk to the some from there. Marshall St. has a lot of food options including places like Chipotles & local spots too... and I agree with a previous poster about Cosmos pizza being good. Though I have not gone to it, there is a party at the quad (right near the dome) before games. Maybe someone who has gone can expand on it but walking by, it looks good. There is also an outdoor party at the University Sheraton on University Ave. They have music and food, etc.. Of course, TexasMark's site ( http://texanmarktailgate.blogspot.com/ ) is loaded with more information.

You will have a great time. Syracuse fans are always friendly to visiting teams so dont be afraid to talk us up!

Although i have never been to it...the University Sheraton has a huge party/tailgate in their parking lot that wouldnt be a bad option if you guys arent going to have alot of cooking equipment with you. They have food and whatnot. You can typically get Dinosaur BBQ on the quad before the games as well if you don't have time to make it to Dinosaur on your trip its a good secondary option. Lots of kids running around on the quad throwing footballs etc. As people have said before its a must to see the marching band playing on the steps of hendricks chapel as well which you can see from anywhere on the quad while you enjoy amazing bbq.

Unless you have a parking pass, go to Skytop parking. they run a bus shuttle bus from there to the Dome. You won't find parking near the stadium.
Actually it depends on your definition of the term "near" I park three blocks from the campus ( corner of crouse and adams) I pay 20.00 and there are several other similar lots in the area.

Actually it depends on your definition of the term "near" I park three blocks from the campus ( corner of crouse and adams) I pay 20.00 and there are several other similar lots in the area.

I park in that area as well and I think those are great lots for tailgating. It's only a 10 minute walk to The Dome, and I would consider anything south of Adams St. as part of campus, so you're right in the middle of all the action.

I park in that area as well and I think those are great lots for tailgating. It's only a 10 minute walk to The Dome, and I would consider anything south of Adams St. as part of campus, so you're right in the middle of all the action.
...I park 1 block north of this. It's an extra minute walk.

Just pull up over the curb and park on the grass on the base of the hill off University Pl. on front of the Hall of Languages. Don't worry about the grass or any damage - they are tearing up that area in a few weeks for the Newbomb Turk Memorial Library.

Varsity is where my dad always took me before games growing up... and now is where I take my friends when I'm on campus. I think it is the best spot for you... 10 minute walk to the dome, you can get yourself some beers, kids can enjoy Pizza.

It has a very collegey feel... students working the register-- classic Syracuse posters on the walls.

As some of these guys said-- Dinosaur BBQ is the best food, but it's not on campus

My other thought depending on how many days you are spending would be Finger Lakes Wine Country. Its a 40 minute drive and it rivals any wine region in the world. Gorgeous scenery, beautiful lakes and hills...just an amazing place. If you are staying in Syracuse area hit up DestinyUSA for the kids...there is gocart racing/mazes/wonderworks etc. Plus you and your buddy can get brews while your kids are having a good time. its a win-win.

Actually we are flying into Buffalo and visiting Niagara Falls all day Friday then heading to Syracuse. We are campus geeks so we will spend a good part of Saturday just walking around and taking in everything. Been to all away ACC stadiums except BC(going next year), Pitt, and Syracuse. Worst stadium environment by far was Miami, will never go back. Worst fans in a three way tie are Georgia, South Carolina and Maryland(been to all many times). Always enjoy Wake Forest, Florida State, UVA and VT.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. If you make it down here for a game don't even bring beer or food. Just wear your Syracuse stuff through the tailgate fields and people will feed you and offer drinks the entire day, kind of a tradition.

My other thought depending on how many days you are spending would be Finger Lakes Wine Country. Its a 40 minute drive and it rivals any wine region in the world. Gorgeous scenery, beautiful lakes and hills...just an amazing place. If you are staying in Syracuse area hit up DestinyUSA for the kids...there is gocart racing/mazes/wonderworks etc. Plus you and your buddy can get brews while your kids are having a good time. its a win-win.

Finger lakes wine country is an awesome trip. Probably more of an hour ride especially if your heading to Seneca and or Keuka lake but the scenery is great and the wineries are even better. Heading there this weekend and looking forward to it.

I like being in the
Actually we are flying into Buffalo and visiting Niagara Falls all day Friday then heading to Syracuse. We are campus geeks so we will spend a good part of Saturday just walking around and taking in everything. Been to all away ACC stadiums except BC(going next year), Pitt, and Syracuse. Worst stadium environment by far was Miami, will never go back. Worst fans in a three way tie are Georgia, South Carolina and Maryland(been to all many times). Always enjoy Wake Forest, Florida State, UVA and VT.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. If you make it down here for a game don't even bring beer or food. Just wear your Syracuse stuff through the tailgate fields and people will feed you and offer drinks the entire day, kind of a tradition.

I'd assume if my shirt said the "Gamecocks suck" on the back with Syracuse in the front, that would get me?

Finger lakes wine country is an awesome trip. Probably more of an hour ride especially if your heading to Seneca and or Keuka lake but the scenery is great and the wineries are even better. Heading there this weekend and looking forward to it.

No doubt that if the Clemson game is always around this time they will get some of the best weather and scenery upstate has to offer.