Clemson fan visiting question | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson fan visiting question

No doubt that if the Clemson game is always around this time they will get some of the best weather and scenery upstate has to offer.

Agree 100%, theres about a month window where the weekends (if sunny) are unbeatable anywhere in the country from the mid/end of September through about the mid/end of October. This weekend is shaping up to be really nice.

Actually we are flying into Buffalo and visiting Niagara Falls all day Friday then heading to Syracuse. We are campus geeks so we will spend a good part of Saturday just walking around and taking in everything. Been to all away ACC stadiums except BC(going next year), Pitt, and Syracuse. Worst stadium environment by far was Miami, will never go back. Worst fans in a three way tie are Georgia, South Carolina and Maryland(been to all many times). Always enjoy Wake Forest, Florida State, UVA and VT.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. If you make it down here for a game don't even bring beer or food. Just wear your Syracuse stuff through the tailgate fields and people will feed you and offer drinks the entire day, kind of a tradition.

Bring your passport and head to the Canadian side of the falls. It's much better than the American side. I believe kids 18 and under just need their birth certificate.

Finger lakes wine country is an awesome trip. Probably more of an hour ride especially if your heading to Seneca and or Keuka lake but the scenery is great and the wineries are even better. Heading there this weekend and looking forward to it.
Always a great time. I always end up being the driver but even without drinking much its still unreal. Hard to beat lounging on alot of those decks/porches with the lake views

Always a great time. I always end up being the driver but even without drinking much its still unreal. Hard to beat lounging on alot of those decks/porches with the lake views

Yup I often drive to and as long as you don't start pounding a bottle you can pretty much sample at just about every winery and be fine to drive. Great views and several of the Cayuga wineries have animals and allow dogs, mine love going.

Actually we are flying into Buffalo and visiting Niagara Falls all day Friday then heading to Syracuse. We are campus geeks so we will spend a good part of Saturday just walking around and taking in everything. Been to all away ACC stadiums except BC(going next year), Pitt, and Syracuse. Worst stadium environment by far was Miami, will never go back. Worst fans in a three way tie are Georgia, South Carolina and Maryland(been to all many times). Always enjoy Wake Forest, Florida State, UVA and VT.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. If you make it down here for a game don't even bring beer or food. Just wear your Syracuse stuff through the tailgate fields and people will feed you and offer drinks the entire day, kind of a tradition.
You will get the same courtesy at Syracuse as well. Just walk up and say " hey i hear you guys can cook up here"...you will be fat before the game starts...and full of beer. Great to hear Clemson fans are alike. Syracuse has a beautiful campus..Tons of nice trees..great buildings and all easily walkable. If you get a chance i recommend walking to the top of Mt. Olympus..its worth the ten minutes just for the view. Ask anyone on campus how to get there and they will show you. Cool stuff.

Make sure you stay on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls btw...not much worth seeing on the American side. Im absolutely with you on being a campus geek... Alot of times my friends and I will stop by other campuses on the way to our actual game destination. We went to Yale on our way to Uconn and walked right into the Yale Bowl...walked ONTO the field haha. Anyways..im a total campus junkie and just love seeing as many stadiums as possible. If you want to see some other beautiful campuses moderately close by i recommend Colgate. Gorgeous place. Cornell and Hobart are both in Wine country and are amazing as well but you arent going that far.

The only good thing to ever come out of the American side of Niagara Falls was Jonny Flynn and Paul Harris.

The only good thing to ever come out of the American side of Niagara Falls was Jonny Flynn and Paul Harris.
How about Moose (he was close enough)?

you talkin The Moose? He was from Youngstown no? I guess that is essentially Niagara Falls

Make sure you stay on the Canadian side of Niagara Falls btw...not much worth seeing on the American side. Im absolutely with you on being a campus geek... Alot of times my friends and I will stop by other campuses on the way to our actual game destination. We went to Yale on our way to Uconn and walked right into the Yale Bowl...walked ONTO the field haha. Anyways..im a total campus junkie and just love seeing as many stadiums as possible. If you want to see some other beautiful campuses moderately close by i recommend Colgate. Gorgeous place. Cornell and Hobart are both in Wine country and are amazing as well but you arent going that far.

Yep, we even stopped and walked around the Troy campus in Alabama on the way to Destin Fl last month to add it to "the list". Will often go out of the way to stop by a different campus. One son collects a T shirt from every school and the other gets a ball cap.

Yep, we even stopped and walked around the Troy campus in Alabama on the way to Destin Fl last month to add it to "the list". Will often go out of the way to stop by a different campus. One son collects a T shirt from every school and the other gets a ball cap.

Niagara University is in Niagara Falls. Pretty small campus but if you like walking around college campuses...... As others have mentioned, Hobart is ten minutes off of the Thruway from the Geneva NY exit. If you go there, you can then take NYS rte 14 south down the west side of Seneca Lake to Watkins Glen (very pretty ride) then pick up NYS rte 79 east straight into Ithaca and Cornell.

Niagara University is in Niagara Falls. Pretty small campus but if you like walking around college campuses...... As others have mentioned, Hobart is ten minutes off of the Thruway from the Geneva NY exit. If you go there, you can then take NYS rte 14 south down the west side of Seneca Lake to Watkins Glen (very pretty ride) then pick up NYS rte 79 east straight into Ithaca and Cornell.

And Cortland College

Man, Clemson fans are really freaking nice so far. I'm going to hate wishing them all a fiery death when we play next Saturday.

I agree, not sure why the PS keeps posting comments from angry Clemson fans. Seems like they are going out of the way to portray them as when all of the Clemson posters on here are extremely friendly. Then again what do you expect from the PS

When walking around inside the dome I would suggest seeing the heismen trophy won by Ernie Davis (first by an African American should have been second and the first should be Jim Brown's right next to it in the trophy case but I digress) as well as the 2003 basketball Nat'l championship trophy. Both on the lower level.

When walking around inside the dome I would suggest seeing the heismen trophy won by Ernie Davis (first by an African American should have been second and the first should be Jim Brown's right next to it in the trophy case but I digress) as well as the 2003 basketball Nat'l championship trophy. Both on the lower level.
Which should be next to Donnie Mac's who lost out to Mr. Total Yardage from Notre Dame.

Which should be next to Donnie Mac's who lost out to Mr. Total Yardage from Notre Dame.

Donnie Mac lost to Gordie Lockbaum's warm, fuzzy campaign. Mr. Total Yardage was simply the beneficiary.

Last edited:
When I opened this thread I was expecting suggestions like The Alpine and Lookers...very disappointing.

My buddies brought me there on my 18th birthday 13 years ago. What a classy establishment.

I park in that area as well and I think those are great lots for tailgating. It's only a 10 minute walk to The Dome, and I would consider anything south of Adams St. as part of campus, so you're right in the middle of all the action.

How early should we get there to secure a spot? I'll be shooting for 12-12:30

Got our plan together and using a lot of the above suggestions. Will be parked and out and about on campus by 10AM. Thanks for the help and good luck!