Clippers/Spurs | Syracusefan.com

Clippers/Spurs

what an unbelievable series. I would not be surprised if the rest of the NBA playoffs are underwhelming in comparison.

I had Blake Griffin as a Top 15 NBA player going into the post season.

Wrong.

He is a top 5 player right now.

what an unbelievable series. I would not be surprised if the rest of the NBA playoffs are underwhelming in comparison.

I had Blake Griffin as a Top 15 NBA player going into the post season.

Wrong.

He is a top 5 player right now.

Yikes that's a hard list to make. Top 5? I'm not sure. He still probably isn't the best player on his team. Lebron is still number one.

Lebron
Steph
Anthony Davis
CP3
Harden
Griffin

Sans Lebron, the best players are in the West.

I know some people have issues with Steph being so high, but this is a guard oriented league now. His +/- is off the charts, he's the best shooter in the world and he plays defense now. I was just thinking this morning of the run Davidson had in 2009 and he almost singlehandedly brought them to the title. They lost to Kansas by 2 that year and Kansas went on to beat Memphis(final four taken away).

it was the year of the guard, for sure, but I'm not so sure it is a guard oriented league. There hasn't been a guard-centric champion since Kobe's Lakers back in 2010. Every Finals team has been led by a forward since then.

Griffin has really elevated his game in the playoffs. He is 4th best in PER so far, 3rd best among those still playing, and he has done that against the toughest competition.

the stats don't necessarily back this up, but I think the five players likely to be most dominant over the next 2-3 years (barring injury) are
  • Lebron
  • Davis
  • Curry
  • Griffin
  • Kawhi

it was the year of the guard, for sure, but I'm not so sure it is a guard oriented league. There hasn't been a guard-centric champion since Kobe's Lakers back in 2010. Every Finals team has been led by a forward since then.

Griffin has really elevated his game in the playoffs. He is 4th best in PER so far, 3rd best among those still playing, and he has done that against the toughest competition.

the stats don't necessarily back this up, but I think the five players likely to be most dominant over the next 2-3 years (barring injury) are
  • Lebron
  • Davis
  • Curry
  • Griffin
  • Kawhi

That's a good list. I thought about Kawhi as well. I think harden will always be an elite scorerbecause his free throw rate is so high and he can shoot threes.

there is not a big dropoff (in fact not really a dropoff at all) between 4-5 and 6 through 10 . . . this is a talent-rich era

Last edited:
I love Blake, but he's just outside my top 5 personally. No diss to him; there's just a lot of great talent right now.

LeBron
AD
Steph
Harden
KD/Westbrook

Agree, I have Blake in the top 10 but just outside the top 5. But the way he is playing right now, he can find himself on this list very soon.

• Lebron
  • Davis
  • Curry
  • Griffin
  • Kawhi

Fantastic list. I think this would be my list as well with the addition of KD, assuming his foot gets back to 100%.

I really have a new appreciation for Blake after that Spurs series. Would like the Clippers to come out of the west.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom