Coach and Cooney | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Coach and Cooney

Cusefan0307 said:

" And he's the only guy on the team shooting over 20 percent from the three. The one guy. I mean, who would you play? The guy shooting 11 percent from the three? Or would you not play anybody? Would you play with four guys?"

I mean this is logic, common sense, and just extremely simple. I honestly don't think it's been a question on who to start at the two and cannot even fathom why it's even a discussion, there is literally nobody else that is better than him on the team that is going to take the minutes.

here we go again... Cooney might be the worst 38+ min per game player that SU has ever had. In fact, i dont think thats even a debate.
A down year was destined to happen eventually though, we arent Duke or Kentucky. Free pass from me.

here we go again... Cooney might be the worst 38+ min per game player that SU has ever had. In fact, i dont think thats even a debate.
A down year was destined to happen eventually though, we arent Duke or Kentucky. Free pass from me.

But Cooney could shoot 40% from 3 the rest of the way and you would still say that so it becomes sort of meaningless. You are very far from objective when it comes to critiquing Cooney IMO. Not saying he's a great player but he's far from the player you paint him to be as well from what I can see.

silly. There have been a lot of players that played a lot and were not near Cooney. I won't name names because despite their poor play, they are orangeman. Just like Cooney is.

yet life goes on my friend. lucky for me, the opinion of a nobody like you does not really matter much.
rock on Superstar.
Not really a mature response. Moqui is a respected member of this board. To not consider that he may be correct in his assessment of you, would be foolish

But Cooney could shoot 40% from 3 the rest of the way and you would still say that so it becomes sort of meaningless. You are very far from objective when it comes to critiquing Cooney IMO. Not saying he's a great player but he's far from the player you paint him to be as well from what I can see.

this is false. someone shooting 40% from 3pt land deserves unlimited run. The reason SU is down this year was our inability to recruit over Trevor. He is ideally suited as a 6th or 7th man for a good program like ours. We swung and missed with some guys. It happens. Thats life. I still pray every time he shoots that it goes in, sadly i am let down 80% of the time.

I have never denied that he is our floor leader and has great heart.

yet life goes on my friend. lucky for me, the opinion of a nobody like you does not really matter much.
rock on Superstar.

I think you should address how Moqui used statistics to completely dress down your point and expose your rather obvious bias. Dismissing his response and calling him a nobody isn't doing you any favors.

Not really a mature response. Moqui is a respected member of this board. To not consider that he may be correct in his assessment of you, would be foolish

i am well aware that people with 5000+ posts run this board and ban people as they please. to imply having more posts means more knowledge is silly. I will withdraw, however, that post. Lord knows you have to play nice, even if you are right.

rock on Superstar.
At least I can always count on you for some good unintentional humor.

this is false. someone shooting 40% from 3pt land deserves unlimited run. The reason SU is down this year was our inability to recruit over Trevor. He is ideally suited as a 6th or 7th man for a good program like ours. We swung and missed with some guys. It happens. Thats life. I still pray every time he shoots that it goes in, sadly i am let down 80% of the time.

I have never denied that he is our floor leader and has great heart.

I don't believe it is wrong. This ideally suited for 6th or 7th is new to your rotation only since Cooney has proven more deserving of minutes than the other guys this year.

TBCuse11 said:
this is false. someone shooting 40% from 3pt land deserves unlimited run. The reason SU is down this year was our inability to recruit over Trevor. He is ideally suited as a 6th or 7th man for a good program like ours. We swung and missed with some guys. It happens. Thats life. I still pray every time he shoots that it goes in, sadly i am let down 80% of the time. I have never denied that he is our floor leader and has great heart.

You do realize he shot 37.5% last year and is starting to heat up now right? I guess you could say we recruited Malichi over him, but you're going to be disappointed when Cooney is still playing more minutes than him.

i am well aware that people with 5000+ posts run this board and ban people as they please. to imply having more posts means more knowledge is silly. I will withdraw, however, that post. Lord knows you have to play nice, even if you are right.
you aren't close to being right. How many years have you watched syracuse basketball It is not long enough if you make that statement.

And no one talked a bit about banning you

you aren't close to being right. How many years have you watched syracuse basketball It is not long enough if you make that statement.

about 30 years. and i should have tweaked it by saying in the past 20 years or so... again, agree to disagree.

he proved nothing. other than his need to disagree. this forum is pretty clear. praise players regardless of if they are deserving = become "respected" and loved. Speak the truth and address possible flaws = shanked in the parking lot by the big dogs of the site. ;)

but i dont mind the same people time after time refuting my opinion. its life. its allowed.

:bat: :rolling: :bat: :rolling:

At some point responding to you is pointless when you refuse to respond or acknowledge what has actually been said.

You do realize he shot 37.5% last year and is starting to heat up now right? I guess you could say we recruited Malichi over him, but you're going to be disappointed when Cooney is still playing more minutes than him.

yes i will be. but i also know 100% that Trevor will play 35+ next year. And thats fine. He needs to shoot better than 20%.

I don't believe it is wrong. This ideally suited for 6th or 7th is new to your rotation only since Cooney has proven more deserving of minutes than the other guys this year.

I have never thought Trevor should not play. I think hes a 10-15 min a game guy (ideally). We play him 35.
I know the board and Jimmy B loves him.

TBCuse11 said:
he proved nothing. other than his need to disagree. this forum is pretty clear. praise players regardless of if they are deserving = become "respected" and loved. Speak the truth and address possible flaws = shanked in the parking lot by the big dogs of the site. ;) but i dont mind the same people time after time refuting my opinion. its life. its allowed.

I'm the first one to call out a player for not playing well or not deserving of PT. The issue is with Cooney in this situation is that there is no Dion Waiters sitting behind him and literally not one player behind him that deserves even one minute. And you know what? That's not even it. There are 3 other players on the court that have proved even LESS than Cooney has. If you're going to jump all over Cooney then you have to do it for everybody else as well. Even with his poor start he is easily one of out top three players. And it's not close.

he proved nothing. other than his need to disagree. this forum is pretty clear. praise players regardless of if they are deserving = become "respected" and loved. Speak the truth and address possible flaws = shanked in the parking lot by the big dogs of the site. ;)

but i dont mind the same people time after time refuting my opinion. its life. its allowed.
That might be your best work yet.

post counts give you no run, just thick skin. I bet I've been banned/punished on this forum more times than you. and you don't have to withdraw anything, I don't give a sht

TBCuse11 said:
yes i will be. but i also know 100% that Trevor will play 35+ next year. And thats fine. He needs to shoot better than 20%.

He's not shooting 20%, that's everybody else.

post counts give you no run, just thick skin. I bet I've been banned/punished on this forum more times than you.

this is a cool website and people have alot of passion. its my favorite site to surf. I think at times people are unbelievably biased, but thats to be expected. Its an SU fan website. Just because i dislike TC as a player, doesnt mean anything about real life. Im sure hes a great kid and i hope he has a bright future. I have season tix year after year for both sports and I support this team win or lose. I just dont think you have to be "rah-rah" all the time as some do here.

t I just dont think you have to be "rah-rah" all the time as some do here.
I couldn't agree more and I think everyone should call them as they see them . . . but we all have to be prepared for the responses when we do

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom