Coach Brown Intro Press Conference: Monday 10 AM | ACC Network | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Brown Intro Press Conference: Monday 10 AM | ACC Network

By the way. Fran talked some hype about Spring practice. Syracuse better start planning that now because HCFB, ER and NW are going to want butts in the seats so they can show the new 4 stars and transfers that they can draw a crowd. Hopefully by the start of January they are marketing the Spring game.

Coach Mac once told me a story on the golf course about when Jake Crouthamel offered him the HC job. Jake said that he and the board of directors loved him to which coach responded, “you love me now but if the first year I go 2-9 and the second year 3-8 and the third year 4-7 will you still love me then”? To which Jake responded “Absolutely coach we will still love you, I don’t know where the hell you’ll be coaching but we will still love you.”
Gawd love him

With the way FB talked about P and D, I wonder if we’ll go back to our classic uniform styling. Basketball finally gave us the script, maybe football will bring back the good old days .
I think they are fine just the way they are

Just got done listening to the entire press conference. That was absolutely incredible. Man he had me evaluating my life and questioning my work ethic lmao. I was a skeptic but we absolutely got a steal. Congratulations to wildhack, it’s a gamble but I think he most certainly made the right choice!
Same. I was laughing at myself listening to him.

Is HCFB speaking at the basketball game tomorrow? Or is he out somewhere recruiting?

I don’t know if he is but I believe he’ll be in town. My guess is he will. He left this evening to go on a recruiting trip which I assume will be tomorrow but then he said he was leaving again to recruit Wednesday morning. I take that to mean he’s coming back tomorrow so he should be around tomorrow night. Just a guess though.

I found Fran‘s comment about liking to practice in the afternoon interesting. Does the team now practice in the morning before classes start?

Fran then followed up by saying it’s something he is looking into. I assume it has to do with a SU policy, class schedules, etc.

Fran Brown: "A lot of people come here saying they love it and are here forever and then are gone to another job in three years. I'm telling you, I'm from Camden. I was on welfare. I'm good. I'm not going anywhere. I'm here for life. I promise you that."

The people who constantly bring up Marrone calling Syracuse his “dream job” are going to lose their minds when he moves on one day.

I found Fran‘s comment about liking to practice in the afternoon interesting. Does the team now practice in the morning before classes start?

Fran then followed up by saying it’s something he is looking into. I assume it has to do with a SU policy, class schedules, etc.
I recall morning practices had to do with kids having classes throughout the day. Having it early ensured they had full attendance.

I thought he was going to have 4 specific practices where alumni would be invited, but they could come anytime.

You could be right.
He said they’d just have to call him the day before.

Listening to him was inspiring. He is a very special person and as good a fit for SU and the city of Syracuse as we could hope for. I came away from this thinking about how he is the right person at the right time for a university and more importantly a community that needs to be lifted up. I dont know if he's going to win a bunch of games but I'm 100% convinced that Syracuse football and our city is going to benefit greatly from him.
He's a special person way beyond football. His talk made me think about a lot more than football.
Thank God he reached out and convinced JW and the decision makers to hire him. I believe he is going to do great things for Syracuse.

By the way. Fran talked some hype about Spring practice. Syracuse better start planning that now because HCFB, ER and NW are going to want butts in the seats so they can show the new 4 stars and transfers that they can draw a crowd. Hopefully by the start of January they are marketing the Spring game.

The new 4 stars and transfers will already be signed on though.

The marketing will be for the Class of 25. That’s going to be his first big one. It would be nice if we can get a better than normal spring game crowd if he’s planning on using that for visits.

Coach Mac once told me a story on the golf course about when Jake Crouthamel offered him the HC job. Jake said that he and the board of directors loved him to which coach responded, “you love me now but if the first year I go 2-9 and the second year 3-8 and the third year 4-7 will you still love me then”? To which Jake responded “Absolutely coach we will still love you, I don’t know where the hell you’ll be coaching but we will still love you.”
Thats awesome lmfao.

I expect Brown to ream out bad discipline rather than give out ohana hugs . No more jawing .. we become silent assassins.
After doing something stupid, I can see the dumbass player being called into Fran's office and shaking in his seat across the desk from him in silence for almost a minute before anything is said.

IMG_0613.jpeg

After doing something stupid, I can see the dumbass player being called into Fran's office and shaking in his seat across the desk from him in silence for almost a minute before anything is said.
I don't expect anyone on the team tackling anyone out of bounds, and not sitting the rest of the game.

Really liked his answer about the embracing the pressure on him as a black man and thinking about how his actions affect wildhack and up and coming black coaches. That was great.

I think not wanting to be a coordinator is going to hurt him in this role

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom