Coach Mike Cavanaugh to Arizona State | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Mike Cavanaugh to Arizona State

The running backs are not calling out line assignments. They are calling the play. The QB, RB and O line all need to be on the same page no matter what. The RB making verbal calls immediately locks them in mentally and makes it easier for them to know their assignment and be on the same page with the line.
Thanks for correcting this board myth, money.

SUAD is discussing opening the dome to basketball fans (students and staff only) in a couple of weeks. Assuming COVID remains under control, I think we will probably see 'normal' fans in the stands for lacrosse games.

Interesting. SU lacrosse fans have never been normal before.

Hey Ringo, had to give you a like for this. My dad was a good friend of Rocco back in the day. Both sadly have passed. Those were great times for Solvay and for SU back then.
They sure were....It started in the 50s with a heck of a coaching staff.

Did Wickline overlap w/ Dino at Baylor? If so, that would make a difference
No Wickline was at Baylor most recently. Randy Clements was the oline coach at Baylor when Babers was there. But Clements is now the oline coach at Ole Miss with his buddy Jeff Lebby. So no go for him.

Please Fuchs
Would be a home run hire. However it is probably mattock. My concern with him is his group this year gave up 21 sacks. Did have okay run game. Lots of injuries.

Would be a home run hire. However it is probably mattock. My concern with him is his group this year gave up 21 sacks. Did have okay run game. Lots of injuries.
Remember that there’s a trade off between protection and aggressiveness in the pass game. We’d be good to get back to being more balanced - our OL has been so bad for large portions of the last two years we’ve had to pair back on running the o from ‘16-18

Remember that there’s a trade off between protection and aggressiveness in the pass game. We’d be good to get back to being more balanced - our OL has been so bad for large portions of the last two years we’ve had to pair back on running the o from ‘16-18
True. The pass protection concern is more if TD wins the job. He needs a pocket to throw. Sharder or one of the qbs that can extend plays with their legs run blocking may be a better strength compared to pass blocking.

What is the "contract year " for coaching staff typically? Is it Feb to Feb? Not the HC but the DC, OC on down.

Randy Clements let go from Ole Miss

Don't tell CR.

He already wants to fire half the Yankees staff.

Kind of surprising considering they, of all teams, led the SEC in rushing last season.

I wonder if he gets a job at Tulsa, UTSA or Kent State. Odds are good.

Kind of surprising considering they, of all teams, led the SEC in rushing last season.

I wonder if he gets a job at Tulsa, UTSA or Kent State. Odds are good.
I think somebody would need to get fired at Kent State. Looks like they currently have the same OL coach and RB coach as last year.

I think somebody would need to get fired at Kent State. Looks like they currently have the same OL coach and RB coach as last year.
It looks like their OL coach has been doing a fine job but he looks up there in years. Maybe he retires. More likely, Randy gets hired as a consultant for a year at one of the Baylor offense schools.

This is a terrible time to get fired. There are almost no open jobs. Lane really boned him with the timing of this.

If he's fired a couple of months earlier, I bet he'd be our current OL coach. I'm good with Schmidt, though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom