Coaching Carousel | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Coaching Carousel

perhaps frost and co are waiting or Dino deal parameters to be leaked to see where they stand? We need to wrap this up before Dino details leak.
Or, we have started to negotiate with Dino's agent. Lot's of ways to read it.

Or, we have started to negotiate with Dino's agent. Lot's of ways to read it.
Either way, this has become frustrating. It was considered basically a done deal earlier this past weekend. Now? It's looking like it could drag out, which would be BRUTAL for us.

This is a very compressed time frame in a chaotic environment making it a challenge to get done in a day or two.

Fuentes was just signed for $3.2 million in first year of 6-year deal. Campbell was also 6-year deal (starting at $2 million). I can imagine a lot of negotiating.

I can see this breaking down if Frost's agent is too greedy. Hopefully, that won't happen, but Dino is apparently not done at UCF.

We certainly live in interesting times!
Dino saves a $100 k in buyout deal if he waits until the first of Dec. from B.G.....$300K TO 200K

Either way, this has become frustrating. It was considered basically a done deal earlier this past weekend. Now? It's looking like it could drag out, which would be BRUTAL for us.

If we manage to get him or Babers SU fanbase will be ok. If they both fall through and we are getting ODU or Eastern Washington hc this fanbase is going to have a stroke.

I said it in another post - this is a huge announcement for SU. They aren't going to just throw an announcement out there. They are going to pick a time once it is done to get the maximum publicity in order to finally shine some positive light on the SU football program. I cannot see them making an announcement when it is still 8AM on the west coast - especially if it is Frost. I trust this AD to get it right hire-wise and exposure-wise.

USC is done.
They're keeping Clay Helton.

I said it in another post - this is a huge announcement for SU. They aren't going to just throw an announcement out there. They are going to pick a time once it is done to get the maximum publicity in order to finally shine some positive light on the SU football program. I cannot see them making an announcement when it is still 8AM on the west coast - especially if it is Frost. I trust this AD to get it right hire-wise and exposure-wise.
I'm not talking about any announcement. The deal isn't done yet. They obviously can't announce when the deal isn't finished and no paperwork is signed.

I'm not talking about any announcement. The deal isn't done yet. They obviously can't announce when the deal isn't finished and no paperwork is signed.

any idea what the hold up may be?

Yes, and it's something that will hopefully be taken care of quickly. But the longer it drags out, the more precarious things get for SU.

well its simple SU put up more money for him or his assistant coaches. If we fired Shafer for Eastern Washington guy or Old Dominion that will not give this fanbase much hope./

Probably wants to go over things with his agent, mentors and family.
That's what I would do.

Hopefully they don't encounter any major concerns.

Yes, and it's something that will hopefully be taken care of quickly. But the longer it drags out, the more precarious things get for SU.
Im sure it has to do with the buy out another school such as Nebraska would have to pay

Im sure it has to do with the buy out another school such as Nebraska would have to pay

Yep, especially after year 1 or 2. Big money. If Riley tanks next year, they will be calling and is what people will use against Frost on the recruiting trail

Probably wants to go over things with his agent, mentors and family.
That's what I would do.

Hopefully they don't encounter any major concerns.
I've been told it has to do with the size of the pizza boxes in the dome. He wants to make sure he coaches can read the plays on them from the booth.

Moontan said:
The board collective is against defensive coaches, so he's out. ;)

Along the same lines.

I hear Luke Fickell to Syracuse...great hire if it works out. @DraftDiamonds
7:49 AM - 30 Nov 2015

well its simple SU put up more money for him or his assistant coaches. If we fired Shafer for Eastern Washington guy or Old Dominion that will not give this fanbase much hope./
both are fine with me. although i xo beau mo than wilder or whatever his name is

Along the same lines.

I hear Luke Fickell to Syracuse...great hire if it works out. @DraftDiamonds
7:49 AM - 30 Nov 2015

You don't waste the time and investment in Shafer to hire a defensive coordinator. Save the money and improve the staff around him then.

he looks like deleone. NEXT
51844_web_CHRIS-ASH-UA-MEDIA-DAY-100.jpg