Cole Swider returning ??? | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider returning ???

Right Benny was signed. Any player with real high level ability would think that Benny was going to have every chance to take the minutes due to his recruiting status. If you wanted a guy better than James, almost 14 pts per game and near 40% from 3, your talking about a guy who would start almost anywhere and play 30 minutes. Cole came for perimeter shooting to spread the D, which he largely did. Who would this 4th guy be that would be OK with 8 minutes a game?
Straw man. A better forward would have got plenty of minutes. Benny wasn't promised anything. Obviously.

Straw man. A better forward would have got plenty of minutes. Benny wasn't promised anything. Obviously.
He was promised every chance to get the starting spot and the lion's share of PT. Do you think he didn't have any other offers?

What do you think you have to promise to get a 5 star recruit?

An opportunity, evidence of success in this program, atmosphere... it's not rocket science. Like I said things you claim as absolute that you don't know.

Or maybe listen to the kid himself in what he has said. Or maybe you know what Benny came here for better than he does.

He was promised every chance to get the starting spot and the lion's share of PT. Do you think he didn't have any other offers?

You clearly didn't follow his recruiting thread.

Prove it. Put your money where your trolling fingers are.

You get the best players you can get and let their ability sort it out. if you don't do that...you end up 16-17

Or 21-22 but tack only really having a roster of only 8 to 9 guys. Have the best and have enough.

Benny was supposed to play most of the minutes and start. He is a 5 starish recruit. No guy better than James or even as good as him was going to come with a high recruit sitting there, they have a lot of options.

Starting was never guaranteed. I don't doubt they expected more from Benny this year but they never gave themselves a viable backup plan.

He was on pace for a 40 burger in Chapel Hill and the offense still ran through Buddy in the second half

So what. I saw Gene Waldron hit for 40 one night. The offense should not be running through a guy who came off Nova's bench. He's a nice shooter once in awhile but lets not go crazy. He played the 2nd most minutes and took the 3rd most shots. If a spot up shooter with no real game isn't happy playing 2nd fiddle to Buddy then boo hoo I'd help them pack their bags and I'm not even a Buddy apologist.

In terms of his one hit wonder night he was wildly inconsistent and that's part of his problem.

It's pathetic that folks in person or on social media directly attack any player.

Sadly more than not far too many want their pound of flesh and social media is the equivalent of everyone having your phone number to come directly at you or your family.
That’s what pathetic losers do.

So what. I saw Gene Waldron hit for 40 one night. The offense should not be running through a guy who came off Nova's bench. He's a nice shooter once in awhile but lets not go crazy. He played the 2nd most minutes and took the 3rd most shots. If a spot up shooter with no real game isn't happy playing 2nd fiddle to Buddy then boo hoo I'd help them pack their bags and I'm not even a Buddy apologist.

In terms of his one hit wonder night he was wildly inconsistent and that's part of his problem.
He can be No. 2 behind Joe g

That's why he should return, to work on achieving consistency.

Exactly. Kispert shot 44% from deep on big volume his last 2 years. A 4/5 year guy has to have an elite trait to get into the 1st rd. It was fun watching Cole hunt for shots and be en fuego but he's a good to very good shooter and unfortunately there's plenty of guys at that level.
Only an EXCEPTIONAL skill will allow the NBA to plan around athletic deficiencies. Even then, you can’t be a total turnstile on defense.

We wont win with Cole and Joe without a true slashing Forward
Like this guy?
guns and roses GIF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors