Cole Swider returning ??? | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Cole Swider returning ???

They have three weeks to get after it. Someone needs to live at his doorstep. If we don’t have JB at all his games there’s something terribly wrong.

Being the #1/#2 scorer on Syracuse is typically a good role but I think we are going to be very bad next year. I don't blame Cole if he wants to play for a top program again.

Being the #1/#2 scorer on Syracuse is typically a good role but I think we are going to be very bad next year. I don't blame Cole if he wants to play for a top program again.
he can't go anywhere else. He already used his no sit out transfer. As for next year, we don't know if Jesse can make a jump. Or Benny. Or if we are going to get a guard in the portal. Or Mintz. There is a lot of unknown before we decide how bad or good we will be. If things go south from here, yeah, it could be brutal. We could also improve enough on defense to win some of those games we lost.

he can't go anywhere else. He already used his no sit out transfer. As for next year, we don't know if Jesse can make a jump. Or Benny. Or if we are going to get a guard in the portal. Or Mintz. There is a lot of unknown before we decide how bad or good we will be. If things go south from here, yeah, it could be brutal. We could also improve enough on defense to win some of those games we lost.

I don't understand how anyone that watched our games thinks Benny can contribute he can't shoot 50% from the stripe and was just lost all year. If I am wrong great. But hes got a ways to go to be a good hustle depth player on a good team and I'm not sure we are that. Become a star or a top wing in the ACC... never happening IMO his freshman year was just too bad.

Edwards is a great college defender I don't think he can get much better in that regard. No centers carry their teams offensively and hes not the best rebounder. Overall I'd say hes probably close to topping out at this level though he can get stronger and become a better pro prospect.

The Boeheim kids were very good scorers I think we will miss that. 4th year Girard playing hero ball will be worse than Buddy was this year watch the efficiency nosedive.

We probably won't get a portal transfer as good as Swider who played on top Nova teams. I'm pretty sure he can play right away if hes graduated. Why wouldn't he go somewhere like UCLA to fill Juzangs spot?

I don't understand how anyone that watched our games thinks Benny can contribute he can't shoot 50% from the stripe and was just lost all year. If I am wrong great. But hes got a ways to go to be a good hustle depth player on a good team and I'm not sure we are that. Become a star or a top wing in the ACC... never happening IMO his freshman year was just too bad.

Edwards is a great college defender I don't think he can get much better in that regard. No centers carry their teams offensively and hes not the best rebounder. Overall I'd say hes probably close to topping out at this level though he can get stronger and become a better pro prospect.

The Boeheim kids were very good scorers I think we will miss that. 4th year Girard playing hero ball will be worse than Buddy was this year watch the efficiency nosedive.

We probably won't get a portal transfer as good as Swider who played on top Nova teams. I'm pretty sure he can play right away if hes graduated. Why wouldn't he go somewhere like UCLA to fill Juzangs spot?
The coaches are pretty confidant that Benny can turn it around. Think he was not ready for what college ball was about and lost confidence. Maybe he can. Maybe he can't. I don't think any school that plays man is banging on the door for Cole. He is a zone defender at best. But , and I mean this, if you are so sure that it is going to get ugly, do yourself a favor and stop following right now. That isn't a shot. It's honest, hopefully helpful advice. Don't put any more investment in this. I love the Red Sox but am so disgusted by their lack of spending that I am close to that.

Why are we going to be bad? I expect a much better season than this yr… if Cole is back.

The coaches are pretty confidant that Benny can turn it around. Think he was not ready for what college ball was about and lost confidence. Maybe he can. Maybe he can't. I don't think any school that plays man is banging on the door for Cole. He is a zone defender at best. But , and I mean this, if you are so sure that it is going to get ugly, do yourself a favor and stop following right now. That isn't a shot. It's honest, hopefully helpful advice. Don't put any more investment in this. I love the Red Sox but am so disgusted by their lack of spending that I am close to that.

We don't know what the roster will be next year. There might be a new dynamic in a good way. If that happens we could have a year like Miami or Wake and get to ACC play with 1 or no losses.

Its the NCAA tournament and we aren't playing. I do think if we give JB another yeart his kids should come back for their last year of eligibility.

We don't know what the roster will be next year. There might be a new dynamic in a good way. If that happens we could have a year like Miami or Wake and get to ACC play with 1 or no losses.

Its the NCAA tournament and we aren't playing. I do think if we give JB another yeart his kids should come back for their last year of eligibility.
Well, the NCAA says Jimmy can't come back so there is that. If Buddy wanted to come back, I wouldn't have complained. I think he could do even better if the team was handled differently. But, that wouldn't happen so...Don't underestimate how bad Jimmy was on defense.

Well, the NCAA says Jimmy can't come back so there is that. If Buddy wanted to come back, I wouldn't have complained. I think he could do even better if the team was handled differently. But, that wouldn't happen so...Don't underestimate how bad Jimmy was on defense.

So we are staring down that unfortunate black hole where this has to get downright ugly first and then an aggressive pursuit of getting the ship righted, hopefully to levels we expect or better.

So we are staring down that unfortunate black hole where this has to get downright ugly first and then an aggressive pursuit of getting the ship righted, hopefully to levels we expect or better.
No Mintz No Cole and we are in for a bad year. Even with those 2 things are going to be difficult.

The portal exists for a reason. Use it.

Yeah I mean there is no reason to not be way more aggressive with it this year. Have to say I'm not super confident he will though. Not as much as needed at least.

I hope that the losing season lights a fire in JB and he portals like a teenager
Me too, but he doesn't have to do it all by himself, he has a coaching staff to help.

I have heard that we will not hit the portal hard because we don't want the younger guys "blocked" by new players. I think that is a ridiculous.
Like I said, you get one or the other.

I have heard that we will not hit the portal hard because we don't want the younger guys "blocked" by new players. I think that is a ridiculous.
I get it, we wouldn't want to have too many good players. At the end of the day, didn't JB learn his lesson about having a full roster? Guys will get injured and we need to have players practicing against good players so that they can get better. Competition is good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom