Class of 2014 - Colin Hill Schertz Clemons, TX DE or DLB | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Colin Hill Schertz Clemons, TX DE or DLB

I would take a team off my list if I got 10 letters in one day, never mind 477. Absolutely ridiculous.
At some point the recruiting nonsense will consume so much of a coach's time and energy that there won't be anything left for actual coaching.

At some point the recruiting nonsense will consume so much of a coach's time and energy that there won't be anything left for actual coaching.

that's why all the SEC, ND, and other perennial top 10 programs have support staffs that almost double the 10 man coaching staff. I believe it was said Bama has close to 30 staff members. They do a lot of this stuff. Just imagine if we had 15 Eric White's

that's why all the SEC, ND, and other perennial top 10 programs have support staffs that almost double the 10 man coaching staff. I believe it was said Bama has close to 30 staff members. They do a lot of this stuff. Just imagine if we had 15 Eric White's
Your mission, should you choose to accept it... make it so. :)

I've heard Buttgers has some 40 people (interns, work study, admins etc) in their football recruiting office.

PhatOrange said:
I've heard Buttgers has some 40 people (interns, work study, admins etc) in their football recruiting office.

Increasing our Support staff should be high on the list of things to do with the extra ACC money. It's just as important as the arms race.

Just talked at length with Kolin and Kaleb's Dad.

Kolin is going to stay commited to Notre Dame. Turned down late offers from Texas and Vandy among others. They project him at ILB. His Dad says he weighs 220lbs now.

Kaleb is going to Boise St. He visited last weekend and loved it. He turned down a late offer by Vandy

They both would have loved to go to school together (Vandy) and major in Business...Vandy apparently doesn't offer Business at the Undergrad level. So that killed Vandy.

I hope SU can get a guy on the staff to recruit TX (DFW, Houston, SA/AUS)...lots of contacts down here to help the staff.

He;s playing for ND and making plays. I know us fans were hoping to land him big time.

I appreciate the staff wanting to lock up kids from the Northeast and recruiting Florida hard, but good lord, why just completely disregard Texas? We probably aren't going to get that many kids from down this way, but holy crap man, there is just so much freaking talent throughout the state. Hell, I live in a smallish town (about 35k) and just realized that one of the starting corners for North Texas lives down the street from me, and a kid who led TCU in rushing a few years ago is from my town too. That Tyrone Swoopes kid who started for UT this weekend is from a tiny town 10 minutes away from me, and a kid who is on the preseason Biletnikoff list is from my town's biggest rival, 5 minutes up the highway.

What I'm saying is that you can't throw a freaking football without hitting D1 talent in Texas. I'd like to see us get in on some of it, please.

It's amazing that within just a few years, Coker could take a team without a FOOTBALL PROGRAM and then go out and beat some pretty good teams and almost pull a huge upset. Agree with you, jekelish.

Interesting...I actually talked to his Dad today on official business...I'll ask tomorrow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom