College basketball is a broken sport | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

College basketball is a broken sport

NBA is unwatchable . Now hockey playoffs, that's where it's at!
NBA and NHL have one thing in common... We start watching in the second round.

I love how the NBA sucks thread comes up every 6 months. We are on pace for the two best players in the world to meet in the championship for a second straight year. The league is thriving.

Some of the most beautiful team basketball in the history of the game is being played at Golden State but the NBA sucks.

You have Durant & Westbrook taking over games and will give Golden State a challenge could have a LeBron vs Heat conference finals.

Western Conference playoffs are the tits! Even the eastern conference has been entertaining.
Yeah watching GS is fun. Ought to be a good series against OKC. I'm a Celtics fan so after they lost, don't care much about the Eastern Conf.

Is it just me, or is the NBA refereeing really atrocious at times?

Four of the best seven players in the world are still playing in the NBA playoffs.

The greatest regular season team ever is one of them, including the greatest shooter of all time and his back court partner who is, at worst, one of the five best shooters of all time.

If you can't get excited for the final four of this year's NBA, maybe basketball isn't the sport for you.

Only the top 2% of div 1 athletes are justified in pursuing a professional career without a degree to fall back on.
Because you decree it. That's bull. Most people against kids leaving early are really just wanting to keep the players down on the farm to serve their needs as fans.
Who cares if they have a degree when they leave. Its their life, not yours.

As a fan, your comments should be limited to on the court performance, not the life choices of others. Who the hell left you in charge of someone else's life choices.

If they want a degree they can get it. If not, so what. The UNC folks probably said the same thing you do, and those degrees were useless.

Unless you are going into a field that requires a degree, college can be viewed as a waste of time and economic opportunity.

The athletes earning life is short. To use it up in college is not always the best thing.

College hoops has to control what it can control. The NBA sets the agenda here, but college hoops could put out a better product by tightening up the officiating and shutting down the excessive physicality you find common these days.

Sad thing is, given the value of live sports and the absurd quantities of money coming in regardless of the quality of the product, I don't think the NCAA cares much or feels they have enough reason to do a whole lot to improve their product. It's a cash cow as is.

The people that are too proud and set in their belief that the NBA can't be enjoyable are really missing out. I watch far more NBA than college hoops these days because it's a much better experience and it isn't even close.

I love how the NBA sucks thread comes up every 6 months. We are on pace for the two best players in the world to meet in the championship for a second straight year. The league is thriving.

Some of the most beautiful team basketball in the history of the game is being played at Golden State but the NBA sucks.

You have Durant & Westbrook taking over games and will give Golden State a challenge could have a LeBron vs Heat conference finals.

Why because there are 4 teams that have a shot to win it every year, the rest of the league is horrible. Look at the Sixers, they are the worst run franchise in sports, they aren't even trying to put a competitive team on the court. The league is nowhere near where it was in the 80's or 90's.

College hoops has to control what it can control. The NBA sets the agenda here, but college hoops could put out a better product by tightening up the officiating and shutting down the excessive physicality you find common these days.

Sad thing is, given the value of live sports and the absurd quantities of money coming in regardless of the quality of the product, I don't think the NCAA cares much or feels they have enough reason to do a whole lot to improve their product. It's a cash cow as is.

The people that are too proud and set in their belief that the NBA can't be enjoyable are really missing out. I watch far more NBA than college hoops these days because it's a much better experience and it isn't even close.

Sure its enjoyable when you get to the playoffs, the regular season is a bore.

Sure its enjoyable when you get to the playoffs, the regular season is a bore.
I watched more NBA regular season overall than I did college hoops regular season.

yeah, they should make millions, have a posse , and beat the sh-t out of their old lady's. Give 18 yr olds millions, free everything.

44774993.jpg

Why because there are 4 teams that have a shot to win it every year, the rest of the league is horrible. Look at the Sixers, they are the worst run franchise in sports, they aren't even trying to put a competitive team on the court. The league is nowhere near where it was in the 80's or 90's.

What 4 teams? Just curious.

IIRC ten franchises have won a title since 1980. The lack of parity is not new.

How much NBA basketball have watched lately?
Wait a minute!!! You're saying there also is professional basketball? And here I thought all along that all those players fell off the face of the Earth after they left school. Learn something new every day.

Rochester has one more championship than the Cavs!
Good point! The '51 Royals would sweep the 2016 Cavs, maybe Cleveland lucks out and gets one at home. Red Holzman would run rings around Kyrie, no way LeBron could handle Arnie Johnson.

Good point! The '51 Royals would sweep the 2016 Cavs, maybe Cleveland lucks out and gets one at home. Red Holzman would run rings around Kyrie, no way LeBron could handle Arnie Johnson.

I think Lebron would do well in any era.

And there would be a big parade where lilacs are thrown maybe down East avenue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom