College Football Sim League | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

College Football Sim League

Ha, yeah, I didn't REALLY need any RBs but I had a chance to land two solid ones, including him. Both are now only considering me, so I'll have 5 RBs on the roster next year. One will probably redshirt.

And I'm stoked, all four of the OL I'm targetting are now only considering me. The main area of need is apparently being taken care of. I've got 12 players now with that green dot, so I'm pretty confident those guys are basically mine. Just need to round out the rest of my 16 man class.

Barely got to recruit today between driving to Cuse and drinking since around 5. We'll see how tomorrow morning goes.

i have three guys that i spent a million each on, if i dont get them i am going to smash my laptop.

Here's my dilemma: I have 16 open spots, and 17 scholarship offers out. 16 guys are considering only me, one at a position of need is considering me and one other school. My fear is that 16 guys will sign and one of my top targets will be the odd man out. However, if i rescind an offer to the one expendable guy on my list (a QB I don't really need), and then the guy considering another school as well signs with THAT school, I risk the QB taking me off of his list, so I could be down to 15 guys. Decisions, decisions.

13 guys down, 7 in green, and, 1 more that is yellow. I like where I am a lot more than I did about 2 days ago.

Well, I have filled my 16 player class. I'm pretty happy with the class, overall. Got some solid players at need positions, and some solid players at skill positions.

Filled 19 pretty easily, and had another four or five guys that were green to me. Did it all with $10k left over

Yeah, locked up my 13 in the first signing cycle... not sure how I feel about this class quite yet.

Yeah, locked up my 13 in the first signing cycle... not sure how I feel about this class quite yet.
I wish I can wrap my class up. I have 15 signed and 6 to go, but all 6 are green and have been for about two days. I'd feel a lot better if they would just sign.

I wish I can wrap my class up. I have 15 signed and 6 to go, but all 6 are green and have been for about two days. I'd feel a lot better if they would just sign.
Hopefully they commit here soon.. Did you visit them? I know that you are supposed to at minimum scout the guys.. That may be the problem.

Hopefully they commit here soon.. Did you visit them? I know that you are supposed to at minimum scout the guys.. That may be the problem.
That could be it, I haven't spent more than 550 on any of them or visited them.

I went through and had my assistant visit each one, and I'll be damned they all signed at the 6:00 recruiting cycle.

taking 2 walk ons. I'm pretty content with my class.. Had one guy I had to spend a little bread on, but whateves

I read somewhere that a recruit wouldn't commit without at least one form of visit, be it scouting or home or campus visit. Happy to help.

Anybody find a sky's the limit type guy?

I've only been able to lock down one maybe two of those types since we have been playing... John Williamson, my DB is the next one that I'm excited about. we will see.

I've only been able to lock down one maybe two of those types since we have been playing... John Williamson, my DB is the next one that I'm excited about. we will see.
I grabbed one last season, but he has terrible work ethic, so I am going to give him a redshirt year to try to maximize his potential. Redshirting him as a Soph caused him to lose 5 pts in work ethic, but last season he had an increase in work ethic of 5, so net it's all the same really.

I love to grab guys with very high work ethics and let them develop for a few years. This year 14 of my 21 recruits have a work ethic over 50.

I love to grab guys with very high work ethics and let them develop for a few years. This year 14 of my 21 recruits have a work ethic over 50.
I agree, but I like to find diamonds in the rough.. I rely heavily on scouting reports to determine who I pursue. High work ethic is worthless if the guy doesn't have much growth potential.

Only a few more days until the regular season begins. It's almost go time! I have a brutal schedule this coming season. Don't know what I was thinking, but I have only 1 SIM game all season. YIKES!

Alright, after four full recruiting cycles and watching players growth over the subsequent seasons I've come to a conclusion. I placed a much higher value on WE during recruiting than I should've. For example if a player has a WE of 36 coming in and we match his WIS rating to a fellow freshman with a WE of 60, over the course of 4 years there's a difference of typically 1.5-2 WIS rating points. And that's on the extreme end. Long story short WE is negligible, it means shiit. Carry on.

Alright, after four full recruiting cycles and watching players growth over the subsequent seasons I've come to a conclusion. I placed a much higher value on WE during recruiting than I should've. For example if a player has a WE of 36 coming in and we match his WIS rating to a fellow freshman with a WE of 60, over the course of 4 years there's a difference of typically 1.5-2 WIS rating points. And that's on the extreme end. Long story short WE is negligible, it means shiit. Carry on.
Interesting.. Tough to have an apples to apples comparison though if you're not sure if 1 guy started more games vs. the other guy, but very interesting indeed.