Cooney | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cooney

Our starting backcourt has been garbage in these last 2 games. Cooney is all over the place and Ennis is hesitant as ****.

G is the only guard who comes in and plays like a man on both ends.

if he was 1-11 or 2-12 fine but he took about 5 shots. they hounded him. i'm not sure what more he could've done.

i'd be critical of him in that he should drive more instead of relying on the 3. he missed a tough bunny at the end but he wasn't alone there that's for sure.

Everyone has to remember he is the only legitimate deep threat on this team. Especially since CJ can;t seem to buy a three pointer lately. No one truly knows how difficult that is. Also when he is being face guarded like that it open the drive up for everyone else, Ennis especially has to take advantage of that but does not. On the switches we must also take advantage but do not. He missed a couple shots tonight but he hustles more than anyone on this team. ANYONE. He got that critical loose ball and made the free throws to bring us back into the game. If I remember both G'Mac and Rautins had another teammate that was at least an adequate at shooting the three ball. Without CJ, Cooney does not.

He took 3 threes. How about we run some actual plays for him to get a clean look instead of depending on him running around like a maniac hoping to shed his defender. Or maybe our F's and C's cold kick the ball out once in awhile. As to giving up 3's? Not true at all.
Yes it is look at the game again. He was out of position on a minimum of 5 shots. Two of which were made. he didnt play well

kcsu said:
Yes it is look at the game again. He was out of position on a minimum of 5 shots. Two of which were made. he didnt play well

I did for the last hour 20 mins. 1 basket...if that.

I really think Gbinje needs time at the 2 at this point.
Agree, Gbinige was the better player tonight, and the fact that he is shooting the three better than our supposed best shooter makes it a no doubter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom