Culture Matters: Ish on Murphy | Syracusefan.com

Culture Matters: Ish on Murphy

44cuse

All Conference
"We know that hes a great kicker, we know that he makes those all the time," senior Steve Ishmael said. "I'm not ever going to bash anyone for anything because I made mistakes out there on the field. It just was a reminder that we're a good team and we have to stick together to reach our goals."

We want quality wins, with quality players, who are quality people. See ^^^^^

To the "no moral victories" crowd: stop. People being happy about THIS KIND of progress, after all this program as been through, is actually a good thing. The attitude that people can't be happy, even satisfied, with progress is weak. Progress should make you feel better.

It's straight up OK to be good with going on the road @LSU, @NC ST (this year, this isn't the in the rain SU or NC ST teams), @Miami, and @FSU and losing by a combined 28 points. Particularly when you had chances to win each game. Given that before the season and not a person here, even the "not enough yet" crowd would have taken it regardless of what they come back with in this thread.

Babers has clearly set expectations for, in, and around this program and those expectations are far wider than wins. The program is being rebuilt around a solid and broad base of play on the field and, actions off the field, and supporting teammates. Anyone who has ever had team success in their lives knows that is a quality recipe and takes a good leader to pull it off. Time will tell how much can be built.

We've turned A corner. There are more corners to come.

Good for Ish. That's a class move.

44cuse

im over moral victories, but its a sign we are moving back to where we want to go as a program from recruiting to conditioning to results translating to wins( were in stage 3)

im over moral victories, but its a sign we are moving back to where we want to go as a program from recruiting to conditioning to results translating to wins( were in stage 3)

Or stage 10 depending on if you go back to Greg Robinson. ;)

44cuse

Definitely have turned a corner but losing players like ish, erv, Bennett, Franklin... hard to replace next year.

No question, and that is where we will get to evaluate yet another area we need this Staff to be successful. The difference is that with good coaches you can mask some things with scheme. With Greg and SS...that wasn't possible. I'm confidant Dino has enough of an idea on how to do this.

And then we will get to see how he recruits and develops.

44cuse

Definitely have turned a corner but losing players like ish, erv, Bennett, Franklin... hard to replace next year.
I've been going back and forth about this and perhaps this discussion belongs on its own thread, but next year will be very interesting. Easier schedule but we lose a lot. The approach this offseason will be telling - will the staff go for transfers and unexpected jucos like alton robinson, or stick with what they have on the team and in the incoming class? It would really suck if this year was our shot at an 8+ win team but it never materialized due to bad breaks and a tough schedule. The program deserves a special year.

Have faith in the system. We're building something here. Alot of people freaked out about losing AET. He was nobody before coming here. This year it's Ish and Erv, next year will be somebody else. Maybe it's Custis in his 5th year or Adly, or maybe that 6'3 frosh Cam Jordan will be ready to play. After seeing what this staff has done with the WRs already here and MDs leftovers, I'm not concerned about this at all. FWIW, I think we're pretty good at QB too.

"We know that hes a great kicker, we know that he makes those all the time," senior Steve Ishmael said. "I'm not ever going to bash anyone for anything because I made mistakes out there on the field. It just was a reminder that we're a good team and we have to stick together to reach our goals."

We want quality wins, with quality players, who are quality people. See ^^^^^

To the "no moral victories" crowd: stop. People being happy about THIS KIND of progress, after all this program as been through, is actually a good thing. The attitude that people can't be happy, even satisfied, with progress is weak. Progress should make you feel better.

It's straight up OK to be good with going on the road @LSU, @NC ST (this year, this isn't the in the rain SU or NC ST teams), @Miami, and @FSU and losing by a combined 28 points. Particularly when you had chances to win each game. Given that before the season and not a person here, even the "not enough yet" crowd would have taken it regardless of what they come back with in this thread.

Babers has clearly set expectations for, in, and around this program and those expectations are far wider than wins. The program is being rebuilt around a solid and broad base of play on the field and, actions off the field, and supporting teammates. Anyone who has ever had team success in their lives knows that is a quality recipe and takes a good leader to pull it off. Time will tell how much can be built.

We've turned A corner. There are more corners to come.

Good for Ish. That's a class move.

44cuse

Well, technically, if we turn another corner, we're headed back in the direction we were coming from.

So I'd really rather we only turn the one corner.

Amen, yes, extremely hard but there are still people on this board complaining we dont have elite talent at the wr position. Cinderella sings a tune: don't know what ya got, til its gone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom