Cuse +3 at BC | Syracusefan.com

Cuse +3 at BC

I'm nervous about tomorrow night but I will betting on Syracuse out of principle. I am going to laugh out loud when I see a plus next to our name. An underdog against Boston freaking College. Gtfoh. Cuse by double digits.

Why do they think we are underdogs?
the big dipper underdog GIF

Why do they think we are underdogs?
the big dipper underdog GIF

Don't shoot the messenger.

But its because we are only viewed about 1.1 points better than BC on a neutral court by KenPom - which generally reflects the lines used by Vegas. (those systems don't like us as much as our win loss record)

Generally the Home Court Advantage is 3.5 points for the Home Team. So that would imply BC being a 2.5 point favourite.

Last edited:
BC -4:5 now across the board.

Surprised its moving in that direction.
KP would have us around 2.5 based on my quick calc (using 3.5 for HC). so opening line is expected. But would have not expected it to then move towards BC. What information is out there that would suggest that trend? BC has not been killing it at home against teams of our level (lost to Wake and NC St, and only beat Notre Dame by 4)

I do know when I was doing some auto-bets on home teams up to about January 20 (had a few things going beyond the old school one), the home teams were doing ridiculously well against the spread for me. Don't know if that has been a trend all year? Maybe betters are auto betting home teams right now, boosting the lines up a point or so.

Road teams are struggling more than ever this year in college basketball. That being said BC has only beat two power 6 teams at home in Notre Dame and St John’s so I still expect a win.
The first meeting at the Dome was a strange, strange game.
  • SU was up 28-9 with under 4 left in the first half.
  • Then over the next ~17 minutes, BC went on a 41-21 heater and actually took the lead (50-49) with 7 minutes left in the games.
  • SU closed the game on an 8-0 run the last 3+ minutes to win by 10.
  • As you'll all remember, Q.Post (their best player) had zero points, 7 turnovers and fouled out in 26 minutes (D.Brown for having a heavy hand in this).
SU likely loses if Post plays even "poorly," as opposed to the "wretched" performance he handed in.

BC has some talent. This is not Steve Donahue or Jim Christian's Eagles. This'll be a test, but damn it, we need this game.

• Then over the next ~17 minutes, BC went on a 41-21 heater and actually took the lead (50-49) with 7 minutes left in the games.
  • As you'll all remember, Q.Post (their best player) had zero points, 7 turnovers and fouled out in 26 minutes (D.Brown for having a heavy hand in this).
SU likely loses if Post plays even "poorly," as opposed to the "wretched" performance he handed in.

BC has some talent. This is not Steve Donahue or Jim Christian's Eagles. This'll be a test, but damn it, we need this game.
That game was also before JJ started playing well when he was in the midst of 6 straight games of single digit points and he finished with 2. I expect more production out of him tonight.

I expect this to be a dog fight. Conte Forum seems to have awakened recently with the hockey success. I wonder if it'll carry over to tonite's game. I'll be there can't wait

I think this is an uphill climb tonight and if Post is any kind of competitor he should come out beasting. I also like Harris. Hopefully our men come ready to battle, we need this win.

the first BC game was strange in many ways..

We caused a ton of turnovers which led to easy basket chances that we didn't actually score.

We shot poorly, one of our worst of the year

We got 2 Fgs from our 2 guards.

So while they got nothing from the Center we got nothing from 2 players.

Their best player had 0 points if I recall, don’t see that happening again.

I expect this to be a dog fight. Conte Forum seems to have awakened recently with the hockey success. I wonder if it'll carry over to tonite's game. I'll be there can't wait
Doubt it. Place is a morgue for hoops

every game and outcome is different, I thought vegas got this right, if Pitt is an indicator of what second games look like, red and staff adjusted well and dominated Pitt on the road. remember Judah didn't start this game, was 1/7, and JJ finished with 2 points. It is hard to tell what we will do but I do think it will be tight.

Mintz is averaging 7.0 FTA/game in ACC road games, compared to 10.6 FTA/game at the Dome. The first game against BC was one of his worst of the season. Considering how many possessions he consumes and that he probably won't get a friendly whistle, BC -4.5 doesn't seem that far out of the realm.

Hopefully JJ and Bell can keep it up.

Mintz is averaging 7.0 FTA/game in ACC road games, compared to 10.6 FTA/game at the Dome. The first game against BC was one of his worst of the season. Considering how many possessions he consumes and that he probably won't get a friendly whistle, BC -4.5 doesn't seem that far out of the realm.

Hopefully JJ and Bell can keep it up.
7 FTA is still pretty friendly honestly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom