Cuse +3 at BC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse +3 at BC

Mintz is averaging 7.0 FTA/game in ACC road games, compared to 10.6 FTA/game at the Dome. The first game against BC was one of his worst of the season. Considering how many possessions he consumes and that he probably won't get a friendly whistle, BC -4.5 doesn't seem that far out of the realm.

Hopefully JJ and Bell can keep it up.

As much as BC got zero from their Big in the last game, we got nothing from Judah AND JJ.

Even if BC's kid goes for 20, you've gotta imagine J & JJ go for 30+ easily, possibly 40+.

And - Orange Nation always shows out at Conte, it's another home away from home for us.

Brown gave BC fits and is a really tough matchup for Post on the other end. That clearly gave Post issues on offense to go with as he struggled containing him. Maliq hopefully can exploit BC quite a bit again or force them to help out Post and open things up more for others.

It will come down to will BC make 3s or will SU make 3s. I doubt BC turns it over as much as last time but if they do we should be OK because I cant imagine we get so little from so much again.

If BC shoots 3 in the 35-40% range which is the norm we will be fine. If they shoot above that the turnovers will need to be there to offset it.

Brown gave BC fits and is a really tough matchup for Post on the other end. That clearly gave Post issues on offense to go with as he struggled containing him. Maliq hopefully can exploit BC quite a bit again or force them to help out Post and open things up more for others.
We often focus on how we're disadvantaged matching up with Centers because we're undersized there, but there's also games where Maliq gives the other team's center a fit since he's so unique. We're seeing Centers not get as many touches due to turnover risk. If Maliq can come back as a shooting threat, he'll start giving them fits on the other end as well, and it would completely open things up for our guards.

Mintz is averaging 7.0 FTA/game in ACC road games, compared to 10.6 FTA/game at the Dome. The first game against BC was one of his worst of the season. Considering how many possessions he consumes and that he probably won't get a friendly whistle, BC -4.5 doesn't seem that far out of the realm.

Hopefully JJ and Bell can keep it up.
I sort of agree. It might be best if he simply does not play tonight.

I expect this to be a dog fight. Conte Forum seems to have awakened recently with the hockey success. I wonder if it'll carry over to tonite's game. I'll be there can't wait
Agreed. We have to really dial in and play 40 good minutes. Similar to the effort/intent/focus which we had at Pitt a couple of weeks ago. The hot shooting would not hurt either.

looking at the standings it’s interesting to note

1. How few road games ACC teams have played so far (most have no more than 7 of approx 21 games)
  2. How few ACC teams have a winning record on the road (5 of 15)

This is a critical game for us to win. Makes no difference re Q1/Q2/Q3. An ACC road game win is critical at this time.

GO CUSE

We often focus on how we're disadvantaged matching up with Centers because we're undersized there, but there's also games where Maliq gives the other team's center a fit since he's so unique. We're seeing Centers not get as many touches due to turnover risk. If Maliq can come back as a shooting threat, he'll start giving them fits on the other end as well, and it would completely open things up for our guards.
Plus it's the Peter Carey homecoming. I would love to see the game slow down for him on offense and he can convert a couple bunnies.

What was the line at pitt earlier this year?

I love Cuse ML at +160
Some interesting 3FG player props:
JJ to hit 2+ is +130
Judah to hit 1+ is +100

If we end up playing from behind like Vegas thinks we will those are pretty good deals IMO.

looking at the standings it’s interesting to note

1. How few road games ACC teams have played so far (most have no more than 7 of approx 21 games)
  2. How few ACC teams have a winning record on the road (5 of 15)

This is a critical game for us to win. Makes no difference re Q1/Q2/Q3. An ACC road game win is critical at this time.

GO CUSE

We need Benny to keep their power forward off the offensive boards. He killed us in the second half in the last game. JJ has to make shots and we have to stay locked in defensively for forty minutes.

He made 2 big 3's at B.C. last year
He also shot 40% from 3 in conference last year and scored more points in significantly less minute's. I don’t ever remember seeing a regression like this from freshman to sophomore year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom