Cuse releases ACC schedule | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse releases ACC schedule

Oh, word?
Not sure how I missed getting in on this thread, but for my 3,000th post I figured I should.

This schedule is fantastic, the home dates alone should help the bball folks who don't like leaving the BE feel a bit better about the change.

Plus, I wanted a few free tees (an apparently AFOs now)!

I wanted to give you a tee so you could have 2 cusetowns give them to you.

So now we are going from teeing tees to cusetown squared?

Mind Blown

That we have two cusetowns now....it just feels right, doesn't it?
Still, if Cusetown23 starts busting out with either avatar of Neil Diamond, Smoking Jay or Stiller, going to get confusing. You guys should start screwing around with people like twins do.

1918779951_doublemint_xlarge.jpeg

That we have two cusetowns now....it just feels right, doesn't it?
Still, if Cusetown23 starts busting out with either avatar of Neil Diamond, Smoking Jay or Stiller, going to get confusing. You guys should start screwing around with people like twins do.

1918779951_doublemint_xlarge.jpeg
Agreed.

Though in lieu of Doublemint twins, JLH twins (double ds) would be more appropriate

wow. what in the hell did i miss....
i was at work all day/night. this schedule looks like its on steriods. i mean every home game is exciting and i dont see depaul on the schedule. sweet baby jesus thank you. duke and unc at home? now i know where my savings are going . i think i need to take a personal day off from work tomorrow to digest all of this sensational news. on the second thought it might be more interesting to go in tomorrow and brag to some annoying kids who are glorified duke fans. yeah cant wait :)

ps i still hate georgetown really bad because i took my old man to his first Syracuse game ever and it was against g- town this past season. mother f'ers mesing things up at the dome for me and my pa.

wow. what in the hell did i miss....
i was at work all day/night. this schedule looks like its on steriods. i mean every home game is exciting and i dont see depaul on the schedule. sweet baby jesus thank you. duke and unc at home? now i know where my savings are going . i think i need to take a personal day off from work tomorrow to digest all of this sensational news. on the second thought it might be more interesting to go in tomorrow and brag to some annoying kids who are glorified duke fans. yeah cant wait :)

ps i still hate georgetown really bad because i took my old man to his first Syracuse game ever and it was against g- town this past season. mother f'ers mesing things up at the dome for me and my pa.
I know this feeling all too well. First game ever for mah wahf and my son was Temple.
Still, I straightened the score out by seeing us take care of the Hall in Newark.

Only 2 negatives I see. Getting individual game tickets for Duke and NC is going to be just as difficult as getting the Gtown tickets this year. And it sucks that BC is one of our home and home partners. As much as I could not stand UConn, BC is a big step down - could not care less about them. UConn fans must beat their heads against the wall each night knowing BC is in the league and they are not.

The ACC is so unbelievably loaded that within 4 years, people are going to ask whether there are other basketball conferences. I know it seems like it, but that is not a joke.

Sure, Kansas and Kentucky and MichSt will still be around, but when UNC, Louisville, Cuse and Duke are facing off against each other every week, will anybody notice? Entire conferences built on Kansas-Kansas ST and UK-Florida simply cannot compete. They might as well re-bill the NCAA tourney as ACC-B1G Challenge Pt. 2.

It's pretty interesting that it is all between 1985 and 1995. I wonder if after that is when Time Warner started broadcasting all home games. Something affected our attendance and I know it wasn't because of the all the New York schools we schedule.
I believe it was at that point that ESPN demanded changes in the contract with the Big East that stopped the practice of blacking out games in the geographic area of the home team. Before that, the only way to watch the big home games live was to buy and ticket and watch in the Dome.

It is a shame because by doing this, ESPN diminished the value of the telecasts made from the Dome. 25K is impressive but 33K is must see TV.

I wonder if it is possible they might consider allowing blackouts again for ACC games. With the Big East and teams in major cities like St Johns/NYC, Nova/Philly, Gtown/DC, blacking out a game in a single metro area could have a meaningful impact on TV ratings. With the ACC, not so much. BC is in Boston but no one watches them anyway, so a blackout there is meaningless.

I am sure they won't do it, but I pine for the days when we averaged 29K per game. It will never happen again without blackouts being brought back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom