Cuse releases ACC schedule | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Cuse releases ACC schedule

Btw, I believe it's Allie time!
Not to mention, second pic, I think I found a new way of teeing people up.

God bless this kid. Did I mention she can ball? D1 guard back in the day.

allie-laforce-is-attractice.jpg

100126125942teen1.jpg

Nice...Here is my reply...couretsy of Erin:

Erin-Andrews-2011-A8.jpg

Cavaliers are really tough in C'ville.

I'm so damn excited that Syracuse is playing in Charlottesville this year. I'm a season UVa ticket holder so will definitley be at the game rooting hard for the orange. But yeah, UVa is tough to beat at home - last year they had big wins against Duke, UNC, and NC State at home, and UVa is expected to be better next year - already projected top 20 preseason. Their freshman big, Mike Tobey, was unusally effective for a freshman C and could be a big time C next year. Mitchell could be all-ACC at PF, and I think most people know how good Joe Harris is at SF. But look out for Justin Anderson at SG - he'll be the Cavs best player next year. UVa's main problem is they lost their starting PG, Jontel Evans, to graduation, and have no clear cut successor there. They're returning Jones, who looked lost at times this past year spelling Evans at the point, and two freshmen who are 3 star recruits coming out of high school and so are both big question marks at this point. It should make for an interesting matchup between Tyler Ennis and UVa's freshman PG, whichever one it will be - probably Perrantes. It should be a tough game but I still like Syracuse to come away with a win. Go Orange!

I'm so damn excited that Syracuse is playing in Charlottesville this year. I'm a season UVa ticket holder so will definitley be at the game rooting hard for the orange. But yeah, UVa is tough to beat at home - last year they had big wins against Duke, UNC, and NC State at home, and UVa is expected to be better next year - already projected top 20 preseason. Their freshman big, Mike Tobey, was unusally effective for a freshman C and could be a big time C next year. Mitchell could be all-ACC at PF, and I think most people know how good Joe Harris is at SF. But look out for Justin Anderson at SG - he'll be the Cavs best player next year. UVa's main problem is they lost their starting PG, Jontel Evans, to graduation, and have no clear cut successor there. They're returning Jones, who looked lost at times this past year spelling Evans at the point, and two freshmen who are 3 star recruits coming out of high school and so are both big question marks at this point. It should make for an interesting matchup between Tyler Ennis and UVa's freshman PG, whichever one it will be - probably Perrantes. It should be a tough game but I still like Syracuse to come away with a win. Go Orange!
Remember--Burke was a 3★ coming out of high school.

Remember--Burke was a 3★ coming out of high school.

very true, good point. it just really underscores that you never really know with a true freshman - it's always a bit of a crap shoot. and it certainly wouldn't surprise me to see either Perrantes or Hall develop into an all ACC type PG in a few years. But that being said though, i feel a lot better with tyler ennis running the show than I would with either of UVa's 2 incoming freshmen PGs.

And to think, it was posters on this board that were more upset with the ACC move than on football board.

Magnificent schedule for our first year. Hope the refs are as kind. ;)

Cheers,
Neil
A year and a half ago I was blase about, now the time is nearly here and when things happen like schedules coming out it feels more "real".

It's pretty interesting that it is all between 1985 and 1995. I wonder if after that is when Time Warner started broadcasting all home games. Something affected our attendance and I know it wasn't because of the all the New York schools we schedule.
As with anything it is more likely "a death by 1000 cuts" rather than 1 particular thing. The TW is definitely one of the key reasons, along with the changing economic base of the area (Magna/NPG-Carrier-GM-GE Court St-etc) all fading out-declining-disappearing in that timeframe. In that prism , our current attendance looks good.

AFO, bring this thread home, my man. You got it now, and make me proud. I will be out most of the day.
Btw, anyone going for "like" milestones, just bust it here. It's raining AFOs and tees. It does that sometimes.

SKU-80231-RAINING-CATS-AND-DOGS-3_edited-13.png

Proud to say I was at that game. I stayed at the same hotel as the NC players and met Jordan, Perkins, et al. What a team that was!
Remember Sonny Spera's half court shot that had us thinking "Hmmmm maybe", but that was quickly doused in the 2nd half. Drowned our sorrows at the Retreat till way past when we should. That's how I dealt with losses back in the day. Well, actually that's how I dealt with wins also!

Remember Sonny Spera's half court shot that had us thinking "Hmmmm maybe", but that was quickly doused in the 2nd half. Drowned our sorrows at the Retreat till way past when we should. That's how I dealt with losses back in the day. Well, actually that's how I dealt with wins also!

I seem to remember Pearl all
alone on a fast break trying a bounce off the floor then off the backboard to himself layup that he missed in that game if I am remembering correctly.

Wow, I can't believe we got Duke, North Carolina, Miami, NC State, Notre Dame, Boston College, Pitt ALL AT HOME. Are you kidding me Swofford I love you and whomever said we should build a statue I second.

Aren't officially in the league yet and already a better home schedule than the Big East ever gave SU.

My fiancee is a Carolina fan. Is it OK to bring her if I wear an I'm With Stupid orange T-shirt?

My finacee went to UNC, she played club bball there. She is 5'2 and I'm about 6', whenever we finally get around to playing some bball on the court I fully intend to swat the ball Jeremy McNeil-style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom