Dan Mullen | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree with Marrone being the first guy we approach.
I’m having trouble with Bob Chesney. He’s had some success with extremely small schools and so far with Holy Cross. Although not a great season this year. I just think a leap to Syracuse would be too much. Joe Moorhead took the leap from Fordham and failed. Now is even failing at Akron.
Moorhead seems to have gone in the tank! Akron is god awful

Honestly how bad we looked last night doesn’t make sense we best Purdue on the road and VT lost to them. Something is wrong.
THIS
I was so pumped with the Purdue game. I was saying how we looked faster, stronger, and just better than another P5 school for the first time in awhile.
Now we look like a mid-level G5 school at best.

His 12 mil buyout from Florida might make him feel pretty good about taking some time off. and the 5-6 mil/ per year they paid him for 4 years as well. Call me crazy, I might chill for a few years as well and just work 5 months a year for a few dollars, almost semi retirement

Another reason he will never take the syracuse job. he doesn't need it
Different people are wired differently. I can’t tell you how many executives I’ve seen retire then come out of retirement for 3-5 years because they are bored lol.

I like Mullen but there must be a reason he’s still at ESPN and is not a head coach somewhere

I'm a guess it's because he gets to keep his buyout if he's not coaching elsewhere, but loses it (or a pro-rata portion of it), if he gets another coaching gig.

So - keep the big bag, AND get paid to hang out on ESPN.

Theresa reason Mullen isn’t coaching. If he didn’t want to put time in recruiting at Florida, he will fail miserably at SU. He knows this too.

Theresa reason Mullen isn’t coaching. If he didn’t want to put time in recruiting at Florida, he will fail miserably at SU. He knows this too.
He was a good recruiter at MSU.

Very unpredictable what he’d be with us. Could be great could be awful.

I’m having trouble with Bob Chesney. He’s had some success with extremely small schools and so far with Holy Cross. Although not a great season this year. I just think a leap to Syracuse would be too much. Joe Moorhead took the leap from Fordham and failed. Now is even failing at Akron.

Of course he will be. He's a Syracuse guy and that's Wildhack's MO.

Assistants do the majority of the recruiting. Head coaches need to close and do the in-homes WITH the assistants.

I think this is a non-starter, he has enough of a rep to get a kids' attention.

See if we can pry Willie Fritz away from Tulane.
He’s about the most solid legit guy who could possibly be had for something in our budget.
I've been calling for WF since 2020, when Dino should have been fired.

Assistants do the majority of the recruiting. Head coaches need to close and do the in-homes WITH the assistants.

I think this is a non-starter, he has enough of a rep to get a kids' attention.
Yeah the recruiting thing is usually an indicator of a lack of recruiting talent with the assistants.

The thing with Mullen is I’ve been screaming for a climate controlled 5 wide June jones offense for over 20 years.

And there hasn’t been an SeC to ACC straight swap recently.

I would hire Dan Mullen in 2 seconds if I could. His offense is proven in the SEC and is a perfect fit in a dome. Has a name that could help instantly in the portal. He would be by far my first choice if I am serious about football.

I would hire Dan Mullen in 2 seconds if I could. His offense is proven in the SEC and is a perfect fit in a dome. Has a name that could help instantly in the portal. He would be by far my first choice if I am serious about football.
He wouldn’t have SEC players on his roster at Syracuse. It’s hard to make chicken salad out of chicken ————!

Do we really think Marrone can handle recruiting and Nil in this new reality?

Status
Not open for further replies.