Dan Mullen | Page 139 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
May all of us have a hype man like Matt Barrie.

And while he is an Arizona State grad, guess who he is repped by (bonus if you know who helped sign his ESPN extension in 2022.)
I don’t know…but I do know Matt’s wife who is lovely.

Thinking this through logically, there are a few possible situations right?

1. Mullen is the guy - they're joking around with him a bit and trolling us. Fair enough I guess.

2. Mullen is not the guy - they're joking about the rumors. Kind of mean to him if he wanted the job.

3. Mullen was never interested or in the mix - they're joking about the rumors. Fair enough, but reputable posters confirm he was on campus right? (I haven't read the entire thread.)

4. Mullen is in the mix and it's not finalized - I'm pretty sure they'd be keeping their mouths shut.

So if my logic is sound, he's either the guy or he was never interested.
Jeff Goldblum What GIF by Apartments.com

Thinking this through logically, there are a few possible situations right?

1. Mullen is the guy - they're joking around with him a bit and trolling us. Fair enough I guess.

2. Mullen is not the guy - they're joking about the rumors. Kind of mean to him if he wanted the job.

3. Mullen was never interested or in the mix - they're joking about the rumors. Fair enough, but reputable posters confirm he was on campus right? (I haven't read the entire thread.)

4. Mullen is in the mix and it's not finalized - I'm pretty sure they'd be keeping their mouths shut.

So if my logic is sound, he's either the guy or he was never interested.
The thing is, major people aren’t talking about it. Thamel staying completely silent on it is not a small thing. So why would they troll a fan base like ours? One that sends all their damn producers that help them carry out their jobs.

Barry has brought it up more than any other major news source. My gut says he’s just having fun with Dan because he knows what’s happening. Mullen himself never seems to comment.

Last edited:
You don't think because of in studio commitments all day that a few discussions might not take place over zoom? I had a final interview with a CEO over Zoom. High level discussions take place all the time over Zoom. Since Mullen was in town Wed (confirmed by 3 insiders), it's possible that it's been Zoom calls due to ESPN commitments in between. If things go well, he comes Sunday or Monday.
I can confirm that this is 100% true. I’ve had offers post Zoom interviews and had to ask to meet people in person before selecting the offer that makes the most sense for me. We live in a different world today.

Do you think Mullen would be laughing and allowing this to continue if that was the case? I mean what dude
That’s why I don’t think Mullen is coming here. I think you laugh if you know its a joke or not real.

That’s why I don’t think Mullen is coming here. I think you laugh if you know its a joke or not real.
And you'd be stonefaced and grumpy otherwise? Idk I don't follow the thinking

The idea that Mullen would be interested in Syracuse is so ludicrous that they’re mocking it. And us.
And all the SU alums that work at ESPN...

I think (hope) it's more likely they are just busting on Mullen

And all the SU alums that work at ESPN...

I think (hope) it's more likely they are just busting on Mullen
This is what I want to believe but it could be interpreted many different directions

Status
Not open for further replies.