Dan Mullen | Page 141 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
While I agree, it seems odd they’d be trolling 50 fans on a message board; thinking what, that 1 of them might catch the half time show. It’s weird.

And if they’re trolling the university for swinging and missing that seems a bit unprofessional.
He’s just poking fun at his broadcast partner. Guys have spent months together.

Here’s the other odd tea leaf… Vegas.

Mullen wasn’t on any of the major outlets lists for Syracuse, yet somehow jumped to the top of the list at +400 and then shut it down on Saturday.. only way the lines move closer to -100 is if there’s betting happening and who the heck would be betting major dollars on Mullen given the news releases by people in the know. When lines move swiftly, sharps are in. Sharps always have more info than the general person.

This is a real nice piece of information. It’s funny how it happened right after he was done with ESPN today.

I mean, is there any real action on this?
Look at a qualified source and find one that names Mullen. All other people on the snapshot posted yesterday were in the Thamel tweet. How does a random jump to lowest odds?!

Look at a qualified source and find one that names Mullen. All other people on the snapshot posted yesterday were in the Thamel tweet. How does a random jump to lowest odds?!
What is a qualified source on this? The only things out there are tea leafs. I haven't seen a solid syracuse source yet.

I posted a few pages ago, there is an 1130pm flight scheduled to leaved Bedford Airport (outside of Boston) to Syracuse. An insider last night mentioned that airport specifically as there was nothing from Boston.

Now, it appears to be a 2 hr drive from Bristol to Bedford. I cant imagine taking a 2 hr drive to hop on a 1 hr private jet. Closest airport to Bristol CT is Hartford, and there is nothing from there scheduled to land in Cuse.

Maybe he choppers to Bedford to meet up with fam and fly back together?
Bedford is an Air Force base. There’s a golf course I played at a couple weeks ago right next to

Degens bet anything and everything
But degens only move the needle a little. Not enough to give him the shortest odds. Only sharps can move a line that quickly.

To what end? If Mullen isn't interested in the job, and isn't a serious candidate for the job, what is his agent doing propping him up for it? That really wouldn't make much sense, would it?
Viable pressure test.

A P5 job becomes open that the candidate gets excited or intrigued by.

Inquiry made. Discussion had. Potential candidate wants SEC money/commitments/something, potential employer puts the chips it decides to and says “but you don’t have to compete in the SEC and 7-win seasons with the threat of more.”

And both sides very cordially says goodbyes after an encounter.

Potential candidate out of a coaching job gets credible rumor mill as marketing campaign for all jobs.

University gets publicity and likely gains the respect of said candidate to dispel rumors of cheap (versus SEC HC levels.)

Let’s see what shakes out.

He’s just poking fun at his broadcast partner. Guys have spent months together.

Curious then how they’d even know about the hot message board rumor. Do they read the board, are they running with the betting odds article or football scoop? No one anywhere is talking about this rumor except this message board.

I’ve talked to people locally around Syracuse and they didn’t know the rumor.

I get it.

Inquiry made. Discussion had. Potential candidate wants SEC money/commitments/something, potential employer puts the chips it decides to and says “but you don’t have to compete in the SEC and 7-win seasons with the threat of more.”

Potential candidate out of a coaching job gets credible rumor mill as marketing campaign for all jobs.

University gets publicity and likely gains the respect of said candidate to dispel rumors of cheap (versus SEC HC levels.)
I don't know. The reaction by the school's community will be one of frustration and dismay with the guy you do hire instead of enthusiasm. In your scenerio, the SEC guy would have been interested in the job. Did he visit? And if he did, that adds crediblity to Bulldogs post that he did. And that money and committments were met. I think the school risks a lot by letting it get out of hand and diminishing the guy they actually hire.

Viable pressure test.

Let’s see what shakes out.
Look the bottom line is that Mullen reportedly reached out. I’d guess the odds of a candidate reaching out and the candidate being a top choice is low. I’d guess that the odds of a deal not getting done after all that to be even lower…

Status
Not open for further replies.