Dan Mullen | Page 140 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro he can be busting his balls about TAKING the job too
Likely not. Mullen would say joking about it isn’t cool/have to lie low per the University wishes.

Okay, here is another one. Where is the talk about anyon else? A smidge about Chesney. But no one following him. But a lot of smoke about Mullen.
Chesney and many of the smaller-tier school HC’s don’t have the agents or connections within media to stoke fires.

Mullen does.

Why are you so sure he would say that about such a benign comment from Barrie?
I am not sure. I would argue if it’s real, you joke about it once, not twice. And not say it.

I don't know for sure but I would bet Chesney has an agent and I would bet he is good. These agents latch on to up and comers which Chesney clearly is.
I will bet you every dollar I have that whoever Chesney’s agent is is nowhere near Jimmy Sexton (Mullen’s.) That guy can direct traffic.

Not crapping on him, but SEC coaches can afford Jimmy. He doesn’t charge Patriot League prices.

If they offered and he agreed in principle, it would probably be his agent ironing out the details, not him.
Agreed but there's the AD, Chancellor, maybe BoT member or two discussions and then there's the commercials and legalities agent and attorneys are working.

I will bet you every dollar I have that whoever Chesney’s agent is is nowhere near Jimmy Sexton (Mullen’s.) That guy can direct traffic.

Not crapping on him, but SEC coaches can afford Jimmy. He doesn’t charge Patriot League prices.
To what end? If Mullen isn't interested in the job, and isn't a serious candidate for the job, what is his agent doing propping him up for it? That really wouldn't make much sense, would it?

Here’s the other odd tea leaf… Vegas.

Mullen wasn’t on any of the major outlets lists for Syracuse, yet somehow jumped to the top of the list at +400 and then shut it down on Saturday.. only way the lines move closer to -100 is if there’s betting happening and who the heck would be betting major dollars on Mullen given the news releases by people in the know. When lines move swiftly, sharps are in. Sharps always have more info than the general person.

Last edited:
The idea that Mullen would be interested in Syracuse is so ludicrous that they’re mocking it. And us.

While I agree, it seems odd they’d be trolling 50 fans on a message board; thinking what, that 1 of them might catch the half time show. It’s weird.

And if they’re trolling the university for swinging and missing that seems a bit unprofessional.

Mullen wasn’t on any of the major outlets lists for Syracuse, yet somehow jumped to the top of the list at +400 and then shut it down on Sunday.. only way the lines move closer to -100 is if there’s betting happening and who the heck would be betting major dollars on Mullen given the news releases by people in the know. When lines move swiftly, sharps are in. Sharps always have more info than the general person.
Why was it taken off the board? Does that mean someone has been hired?

Why was it taken off the board? Does that mean someone has been hired?
Vegas rarely takes something off the board when there’s money to be made..

..they make their money on the rake/scrape.

Edit: I really really hate autocorrect.

Last edited:
Yeah I know it’s only an extra day but you’d think Wildhack would like to get this done asap so he can start talking to players to get our top guys to stay and recruits. (They have been following him so who knows what’s going on behind the scenes)
Maybe he knows everyone is bailing if it’s Chesney so he’s in no rush.

Mullen wasn’t on any of the major outlets lists for Syracuse, yet somehow jumped to the top of the list at +400 and then shut it down on Sunday.. only way the lines move closer to -100 is if there’s betting happening and who the heck would be betting major dollars on Mullen given the news releases by people in the know. When lines move swiftly, sharps are in. Sharps always have more info than the general person.

This is solid. Vegas is happy to take your money until they are pretty damn sure that the outcome is decided. They stop taking bets on the winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.