Dan Mullen | Page 142 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious then how they’d even know about the hot message board rumor. Do they read the board, are they running with the betting odds article or football scoop? No one anywhere is talking about this rumor except this message board.

I’ve talked to people locally around Syracuse and they didn’t know the rumor.
Look at Mullen's mentions on Twitter the last few days. If he looks at them at all he's aware people in Syracuse think he's in the mix.

By all accounts, Chesney is a good coach and a good guy. If they go with him, I'd support him, like I would with basically anybody they hire. Considering the way of the world in college football these days and our place in it at the moment, timing just seems odd for a coach like him.

By all accounts, Chesney is a good coach and a good guy. If they go with him, I'd support him, like I would with basically anybody they hire. Considering the way of the world in college football these days and our place in it at the moment, timing just seems odd for a coach like him.
I agree. I think JW knows this is a vital hire for our programs and schools future. And I think, and once again, I have no way of knowing for sure, that Chesney might have been a leader in the clubhouse right until Mullen called JW. Things changed then. But who knows?

Attachments

• serenity-now-946482497.jpg
    serenity-now-946482497.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 29
Jake said he’d reveal the name he heard when SU announced the new coach.
He also said he thought it wasn’t coming to fruition because it scared him.

I don't know. The reaction by the school's community will be one of frustration and dismay with the guy you do hire instead of enthusiasm. In your scenerio, the SEC guy would have been interested in the job. Did he visit? And if he did, that adds crediblity to Bulldogs post that he did. And that money and committments were met. I think the school risks a lot by letting it get out of hand and diminishing the guy they actually hire.
And I don’t think the school wanted it to be known in the first place. See Jimmy Sexton post.

I have no information, just posting because I made it to the end of this epic thread.

I’d be surprised by the on-air joke just to troll, rather than an indication of something happening.

I trust we will get the best coach available that wants to coach here.

Look the bottom line is that Mullen reportedly reached out. I’d guess the odds of a candidate reaching out and the candidate being a top choice is low. I’d guess that the odds of a deal not getting done after all that to be even lower…
I’m in that neighborhood.

Ha what if Mullen never reached out, nor did we, what a gasser that would be and a waste of an epic thread, though it kept us busy through the holidays
What if ADJW said, "Hey Dan, come on down to the office. We'll start a rumor that you're coming to Cuse. That way, when we spend as little as possible? It'll give me cover. Thanks, bro. "

And I don’t think the school wanted it to be known in the first place. See Jimmy Sexton post.
I can believe that because they have been very closed mouth.

What if ADJW said, "Hey Dan, come on down to the office. We'll start a rumor that you're coming to Cuse. That way, when we spend as little as possible? It'll give me cover. Thanks, bro. "
That’s ADJWs death sentence if new candidate doesn’t deliver next year.

I’m in that neighborhood.
Be more specific. No one is going to hold you to this. What neighborhood? The one that says he reached out and we couldn't make a deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.