Dan Mullen | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy for you. You jumped in with two feet: parking, tailgating, etc...

Next year hopefully you can make one of my away game tailgates.

Unfortunately Army could be a casualty due to them joining the American but UConn is rumored to be away.
Thanks Mark, we have been thinking about possibly going to a road game sometime. Pinstripe Bowl was fun, though that's more of a neutral spot. This Mullen stuff is electric, we're having a blast!

Dan Mullen was a head coach in the SEC for 13 years:

103-61
7-3 in Bowls
SEC Coach of the Year-2014

Time for us to go all in. Push all the chips to the middle of the table. Mullen for Head Coach and his Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator would be his old pal Charlie Strong. Add Chesney to the defensive staff. Prank call Kirby and Dabo, tell them they're both pu$$ies.

Prediction?:

Hearing the University wants to get the deal done this week. Today is Friday. I don’t know what that means other than soon. Also, I don’t know if that means Mullen. But they are trying to ink a deal with someone quickly.

I'd be shocked if we got Mullen for a number of reasons.

I suspect it will be someone else.

Glad to hear they want to get the deal done before the portal opens.

You also have to wonder what the additional sponsorship revenue that JMA’s naming rights brings to the program does that we were missing out on with Carrier. That additional money probably isn’t chump change and allows us to swim in the deep end a bit.
I didn’t think it was that “kind” of money.

It’s all bizarre to me because of the absurd money differences in sec coaching and ACC football coaching esp in northeast

I take it he reached out to SU. We also don’t know if he did that to put it out there he’s open for business. If you are miss st and a&m aren’t you looking into
Him?

Someone talk me off the typical Syracuse cynicism tree. I think it’s a home run hire assuming we remove all these assumptions about realignment, our finances, and our ability to pay top nil
Sometimes it's just better to smile and thank the football gods and leave it at that. Enjoy the ride.

Dan Mullen was a head coach in the SEC for 13 years:

103-61
7-3 in Bowls
SEC Coach of the Year-2014

Time for us to go all in. Push all the chips to the middle of the table. Mullen for Head Coach and his Assistant Head Coach/Defensive Coordinator would be his old pal Charlie Strong. Add Chesney to the defensive staff. Prank call Kirby and Dabo, tell them they're both pu$$ies.

Prediction?:
:Nick Saban picks up phone: Hello, this is Nick Saban.

Anonymous Syracusefan poster: Hello Mr. Saban, is your refrigerator running?

:Nick Saban peeks around the corner into the kitchen, is pretty sure the refrigerator is running: Uh, yeah, I think so. Can I help you with something?

:Anonymous Syracusefan poster chortles: Well Mr. Saban, you...

Does the program own or have access to a private jet?

Let me just say one thing.

I've applied for jobs where my salary demand was X and their range was a lot less than X. But I applied anyway and made it clear I needed more. And the recruiter assured me there was flexibility. Then after days and days of interviews onsitre and off, the offer comes way down where they started with no flexibility.

I hope they don't think they are gonna win them over with slices of Varsity pizza and THBs...oh wait...
Really?

This is fantastic, that he wants to be here. Stars are aligning.
He covered our games and as a result did homework on the roster. In addition I'm sure he got to speak with coaches, JW and others. He knows what we have and the fact he reached out lets us know that he believes we have the resources both players and support to succeed.

He covered our games and as a result did homework on the roster. In addition I'm sure he got to speak with coaches, JW and others. He knows what we have and the fact he reached out lets us know that he believes we have the resources both players and support to succeed.
It seemed to good to be true before yesterday but the more we unpack this, the job makes for a really good fit for him.

Let's remember that Mullen has a contract with Florida through the 2026 season at $7.57 million. While I am sure it has an offset clause, we could probably get way with paying himwhat Dino got (which we can argue is the current market) and Florida has to caugh up the difference. If correct, that makes him affordable.
If this^^^^is true, we could get him for practically nothing if Florida is coughing up the difference to get him to $7.57M. We invest the money we saved on Dino and pay Mullen’s staff top dollar and see how this test ride goes until 2026. If things take off, we pony up and pay DM $8M from 2027 forward knowing we are winning again and packing the dome.

Status
Not open for further replies.