Dan Mullen | Page 98 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
To the people behind this board…I just paid my 30 bucks for the ad free version but in reality I paid my 30 bucks to thank you for continuing this forum that has been my nectar from the gods for the last 48 to 72 hours. Many thanks!

It needs a new roof, kitchen and a pool though

1700925639807.gif

I'm in Vegas for the women's tournament and the person I am here with got a text from a big booster who said Mullen will be the new head coach. But nothing other than that statement. I wanted more detail, so I came here and tried to read all of this on my phone. I was with others who might know but didn't seem to know yesterday or they are very good poker players. But today I will hit them with the Is it Mullen question specifically and will see the reaction. One did say they had been talking to Wildhack, but I also believe he would tell me if he knows as I know this person for a number of years, and he know he can trust me.
Either way this thread has been fun to read and keep me from gambling my money away in Vegas. Hmmm. I wonder if there is a line on our new head coach?
Thanks for checking in Agent 99. Keep up the good work!

Do people realize the assistant coaches do the heavy lifting when it comes to recruiting?
I won’t say it’s all about the staff, but so much success is about the assistants.

He may not coach it but you can sure as hell bet that he will spend a lot of time observing practices to evaluate what he has on the roster in order to capitalize on the portal opening.
Is that the rule? Even if he's named new coach he can't coach in the bowl game?

Source just told me Mullen was just seen at an open house around the corner from Singers in Solvay. Source confirmed Dan's a big time karaoke guy.
…and Eva’s restaurant.

I won’t say it’s all about the staff, but so much success is about the assistants.
The assistants carry out the coaches vision and the recruits go where there is a coach w winning culture. It’s a chicken and egg but you need a good chicken for sure.

Dan Mullin will need north east help. Which makes me wonder if they could poach a Chesney to do it and get a 7 figure internship w a sec level coach.

Pasqualoni went from hc to assistant….

Im not expecting top 25 classes. Im more tuned into his ability to find gems and develop them. Guys like Darius Slay, Kyle Trask, Dak Prescott Alex Smith, Nick Fitzgerald. He had 26 players drafted during his tenure at MSU. I dont think recruiting is Mullen's strength but he did get guys like Chris Jones to stay home. That was a big deal.

I would say with portal inclusion, he can get top 25 classes.

I get the SEC fever dreams that necessitate top 10 classes, but I truly believe Mullen with strong assistants can land us top 25 classes, HS + portal kids.

Just my 0.02 tho.

What was attendance for Shafer’s last game like? I had to miss it

I'm in Vegas for the women's tournament and the person I am here with got a text from a big booster who said Mullen will be the new head coach. But nothing other than that statement. I wanted more detail, so I came here and tried to read all of this on my phone. I was with others who might know but didn't seem to know yesterday or they are very good poker players. But today I will hit them with the Is it Mullen question specifically and will see the reaction. One did say they had been talking to Wildhack, but I also believe he would tell me if he knows as I know this person for a number of years, and he know he can trust me.
Either way this thread has been fun to read and keep me from gambling my money away in Vegas. Hmmm. I wonder if there is a line on our new head coach?
BetOnline special market for the next head coach of Syracuse University football is now officially closed…. I think this is a done deal

To the people behind this board…I just paid my 30 bucks for the ad free version but in reality I paid my 30 bucks to thank you for continuing this forum that has been my nectar from the gods for the last 48 to 72 hours. Many thanks!

No Thank You Gus Cruikshank GIF by NETFLIX

This is the biggest moment for Syracuse football in my lifetime. What happens with this hire may well determine if we continue to play football at the highest level in future decades.

Kudos to John Wildhack, the SU administration and the SU boosters John has rallied to put together a package designed to land one of the best football coaches in the business.

I hope we are able to pull this off.

And if we so, I hope the fanbase responds with great support in terms of NIL donations and ticket purchases.

If we all work together, we can restore Syracuse to its rightful place as a major football power.

Let’s Go! Warm Damn Otto!

This is the biggest moment for Syracuse football in my lifetime. What happens with this hire may well determine if we continue to play football at the highest level in future decades.

Kudos to John Wildhack, the SU administration and the SU boosters John has rallied to put together a package designed to land one of the best football coaches in the business.

I hope we are able to pull this off.

And if we so, I hope the fanbase responds with great support in terms of NIL donations and ticket purchases.

If we all work together, we can restore Syracuse to its rightful place as a major football power.

Let’s Go! Warm Damn Otto!

To the young fans on here, if football can hum again like it did during Penn st 87, wvu 87 2 pt conversion, Florida game, gedney on 2 yard line, Clemson 96 gator, brominski, and countless more in the modern era.

We matter. Glad the school wants to try and make it come alive again

When I told my wife why my Syracusefan updates seemed to get kicked up a notch (tough task in an of itself) she asked about Mullen.

I gave her the executive summary and she asked, will he put us in a better spot than Dino?

I said not only will he be a massive upgrade, it also signals the schools will increase the overall support for football, which coach needs more than anything.

She was excited and signed off on a pretty significant upgrade in $upport (for us) when it goes through

It’s funny I forget sometimes she’s even more competitive than me and apparently has been waiting to get rid of Dino for 3 years (did I mention she’s smarter than me also?)

Status
Not open for further replies.