Dan Mullen | Page 143 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d say Monday would be the day, as sometimes people don’t do business on Sundays. But you’d think we would be trying like heck to lock it down, unless it’s seriously just “need time to decide“ time

Sunday after Thanksgiving is a tough travel day. A private plane probably makes it easier.

The thing is, major people aren’t talking about it. Thamel staying completely silent on it is not a small thing. So why would they troll a fan base like ours? One that sends all their damn producers that help them carry out their jobs.

Barry has brought it up more than any other major news source. My gut says he’s just having fun with Dan because he knows what’s happening. Mullen himself never seems to comment.
But he’s staying silent entirely. He hasn’t said it’s anyone else either

Once again though, to what end? To get more money from us? There are other schools he could be trying this with. Like either MSU.
Both MSUs hired their guys. If he’s thinking on anything, it’s whether he was given enough money to hire his assistants and support staff.

oh god, I'm back
Nodding I Agree GIF by VH1

Curious then how they’d even know about the hot message board rumor. Do they read the board, are they running with the betting odds article or football scoop? No one anywhere is talking about this rumor except this message board.

I’ve talked to people locally around Syracuse and they didn’t know the rumor.
I assume that if a few dozen nuts here are talking about it then it’s also on Twitter. All it takes is one person to send a DM to Barrie that SU fans are convinced that his broadcast partner is coming here thanks to a crazy rumor that he was in town the other day. Hilarity ensues. .

Here’s the other odd tea leaf… Vegas.

Mullen wasn’t on any of the major outlets lists for Syracuse, yet somehow jumped to the top of the list at +400 and then shut it down on Saturday.. only way the lines move closer to -100 is if there’s betting happening and who the heck would be betting major dollars on Mullen given the news releases by people in the know. When lines move swiftly, sharps are in. Sharps always have more info than the general person.
How does one become a sharp.

My betting history seems to paint me as a dull

I live in St. Louis, where Enterprise is headquartered. I’m pretty sure that franchising rental agencies is not how their business model works. The company owns everything.
I live in St Louis as well and you are correct. Company is family owned by the Taylor Family and is the 7th largest privately owned company in the US per Forbes

I feel like at this point, Wildhack has to be aware that rumors are flying about Mullen. It was in the school's interest to have people think/know Mullen had some interest, even if he wasn't the guy. Makes us look good. You could maybe argue it was in Mullen's interest to get some press out of Syracuse being interested in him, but not the other way around. Former SEC head coach reaches out to lowly Syracuse and they give him the Heisman is not exactly the kind of press a superstar agent wants his guy to get.

At this point it makes 'Cuse look bad if he's not the guy, it makes him look like a bit of a jackass for not squashing the rumors, and the story that he reached out and then they went another direction looks awful for him. He could come right out and squash the rumors, and Wildhack could do so with one call to a guy like Thamel.

So, I'm starting to really think he's the guy. And going back to the jokes on air, I think most professional broadcasters would get clearance to needle him like that if there is potentially a $15-20M deal on the line. Like you think Matt Barrie wants to risk being responsible for costing his broadcast partner that kind of bank?

I assume that if a few dozen nuts here are talking about it then it’s also on Twitter. All it takes is one person to send a DM to Barrie that SU fans are convinced that his broadcast partner is coming here thanks to a crazy rumor that he was in town the other day. Hilarity ensues. .

True dat. I wasn’t thinking about Twitter either.

What’s his end game then? Using our name to get what?
To promote his name in the coaching carousel. That lets other schools know he’s ready and there is interest in him.

There are rumors of Mullen to Kentucky if Stoops gets A&M job. Is this the reason for the delay?

Last edited:
To promote his name in the coaching carousel. That lets other schools know he’s ready and there is interest in him.

You think a big name school is going to drop everything for him and quickly pick him because he is talking to Syracuse. If he wanted to let SEC schools or certain school he is ready to coach again then he can do that via his agent.

I don't know if this was already posted (probably so because its really hard to keep up with this):

Nunzio says in presser that he never saw Mullen at practice this week

Fwiw

You think a big name school is going to drop everything for him and quickly pick him because he is talking to Syracuse. If he wanted to let SEC schools or certain school he is ready to coach again then he can do that via his agent.
If they are interested in him yes. You make it look like you are ready to agree to a deal elsewhere and that prompts school xyz to get off their arse and move on you if you are their candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom