Dan Mullen | Page 164 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brewster is definitely coming to to SU to coach.

As are Flint, Day, Sadler, Lawrinson and Boland.

It’s all happening.
Is Watson still on campus or did they bulldoze it? It was a small upperclassmen dorm right on University Place back in the 80s.

I do not think it will be Chesney based on Wildhack's press conference. He wanted P5 coaching experience either as a head coach or coordinator. You cannot say that and then go off and hire an FCS coach.

Again, not knocking Bob or his future prospects. I think he is a fine football coach. Not the right guy for this job right now.
At this time if we hired an FCS coach, we would be telling the entire country, we aren't interested in big time football.
With all the current rumblings on schools moving to other conferences, we don't need to go backwards.

The time had come for a change, there is no doubt about that, but I don’t get people getting their rocks off trashing this guy as a moron, idiot, etc. I’m proud of the way he represented my school
He seems to be a good man, with good values, who represented our community well. He did have some circumstances (Covid, NIL) that impacted him, but so did other schools. He seemed to have lost his identity and/or just could not recruit to the Orange is the New Fast dream.
I wish him well. After all, it is just football.

Is Watson still on campus or did they bulldoze it? It was a small upperclassmen dorm right on University Place back in the 80s.

Still there and I think one of the better dorms when I was there from 03-07… must have redone it

Well, Barrie did mention "orange" in the 1st incident, then posted & snidely commented on an article linking Mullen to SU. So that confirms that SU is at least ONE of the jobs in play with Mullen.
That was all discussed along with New Hampshire, which just so happens to have an upcoming primary. Maybe Mullen is thinking about working for Trump's campaign?

At this time if we hired an FCS coach, we would be telling the entire country, we aren't interested in big time football.
With all the current rumblings on schools moving to other conferences, we don't need to go backwards.
Who the hell said we would be going backwards? People who know more about football than any of us idiots have been talking about him as a P5 coach for the last couple of years. He isn’t Mullen but neither is anyone else who is possible. Beyond Mullen not sure who else people want? Lewis and White are whined about for being Babers guys, coordinators who have never been a head coach are whined about for not being a head coach. Candle? Oh no not another MAC guy! Marrone? Not Mr Dream Job! Chesney is a damn good coach, if we don’t get Mullen he is an excellent choice.

Who the hell said we would be going backwards? People who know more about football than any of us idiots have been talking about him as a P5 coach for the last couple of years. He isn’t Mullen but neither is anyone else who is possible. Beyond Mullen not sure who else people want? Lewis and White are whined about for being Babers guys, coordinators who have never been a head coach are whined about for not being a head coach. Candle? Oh no not another MAC guy! Marrone? Not Mr Dream Job! Chesney is a damn good coach, if we don’t get Mullen he is an excellent choice.
I don't know. The guy has coached at Salve Regina, a woman's school until somewhat recently, Assumption, at best a D-2 school and Holy Cross. He may indeed be a great coach. But that track record doesn't merit a job like ours at a time like this. Too much of a risk in my opinion.

IMG_8203.jpeg

Anyone notice the Gatorade flavor at last nights post game presser? It’s not orange … in fact, what’s Scott Frost doing nowadays? Maybe flying to Chicago today?

This is just my opinion, but I feel Wildhack’s own job security is dependent on the success of this hire. He will have his own guys in the big three sports at SU. The jury is still out on the lax and bball hires. If we don’t start seeing success in the big three I think his time on the hill may come to an end. Having said that, if I’m in his shoes I’m doing everything I can to get Mullen who has proven he can win at the P5 level. That’s not to say other candidates can’t be successful, but I’d be digging in my heels to boosters, the board, whoever, to get Mullen.

Its Sunday I certainly don't want to get in a back in forth about Chesney, but everybody who supports him says he is a damn good coach, and maybe so? But please what has he done that he would be leap frogging a lot of people to get a power 4 D1 job, its not like we are talking about him going from Holy cross to East Carolina, or UL Monroe, we are talking about him taking an ACC Job. The guy has done nothing to deserve that type of jump. He hasn't won a Championship at Holy Cross, he hasn't even made the final 4, please somebody make this make sense. The Coach at Villanova has been just as successful and they are in playoffs this year, haven't heard his name, I also have not heard of ANY other school thinking Chesney would be on their short list.

I don't know. The guy has coached at Salve Regina, a woman's school until somewhat recently, Assumption, at best a D-2 school and Holy Cross. He may indeed be a great coach. But that track record doesn't merit a job like ours at a time like this. Too much of a risk in my opinion.
Who you want if not Mullen? Not asking in a wise guy manner, just curious who people like as an alternate to Mullen if that doesn’t happen..

Not necessarily. You hire the best candidate for the situation, period.

Look at OSU and Tressel.

this 100000X I was too busy writing the same damn thing to read yours, it makes no logical sense. Because he is a northeast guy? So is hundreds of other coaches!.

Not necessarily. You hire the best candidate for the situation, period.

Look at OSU and Tressel.
Its been done before but usually they have won multiple national championships at that level too

this 100000X I was too busy writing the same damn thing to read yours, it makes no logical sense. Because he is a northeast guy? So is hundreds of other coaches!.
Ok same question I asked Dasher, who do you suggest if Mullen doesn’t happen? Again, curious, not asking in a confrontational manner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom