Dan Mullen | Page 240 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%, I have always asked my executive teams to have succession plans done annually and updated including for myself. If we are going to make an organizational move we have recruiting firms working on it well in advance. Maybe the football coaching world is different, but I know for fact that NU flubbed up the Pellini move and the Frost move most recently was already in the bag. Still does not guarantee success but better than scrambling and settling for someone. Not that we are doing that and for all I know JW already had his guy and this is just his process. My concern is as time goes by thats less clear to me. I’m going to support whoever the new guy is and give them a chance, just pointing out some of the potential risk I see, thats all. Again, these 2 hires will determine JWs legacy, he is on the clock.
Curious in what way Frost went off the tracks at Nebraska.

that too, he might have wanted fully guaranteed.

Don't most of these contract pay-offs have an offset clause? If he's already getting $7.5M until 2027 from Florida, then I don't see our salary to him as being the issue. I see the issue being that we didn't have the money for the staff that he wanted and/or enough money for NIL for him to feel competitive to get the level of player he wanted.

It would be interesting to see the stipulations on his buyout
The severance money wasn't that crazy:

"The university will owe Mullen $12 million in buyout money after Sunday's dismissal. He will receive $6 million over the next 30 days before receiving $1 million every July 15 through 2027."

In short, they still owe him $4M. No idea if that would be lost if he were to coach again.
Pay him $4-6M/year for 4 years plus incentives and he could've been OK.

He was making $6 per year at Florida in his original contract and then got bumped to $7.6M.

At MSU he went from $1.2M in 2009 to $4.5M in 2017.

So this is how the thread of all threads ends. Not with a bang but with a whimper.
Sad Jim Carrey GIF by Laff

What happened to KPVB1234567?!?!??

Is he still driving around with Chesney’s family? What jersey is his son wearing?! What has become of our insider info savior?!?!

lol

The severance money wasn't that crazy:

"The university will owe Mullen $12 million in buyout money after Sunday's dismissal. He will receive $6 million over the next 30 days before receiving $1 million every July 15 through 2027."

In short, they still owe him $4M. No idea if that would be lost if he were to coach again.
Pay him $4-6M/year for 4 years plus incentives and he could've been OK.

He was making $6 per year at Florida in his original contract and then got bumped to $7.6M.

At MSU he went from $1.2M in 2009 to $4.5M in 2017.
I know but I mean would there be offsets if he took another HC role I mean. Those contracts will have crazy clauses.

I know but I mean would there be offsets if he took another HC role I mean. Those contracts will have crazy clauses.
As I indicated in my prior post "No idea if that would be lost if he were to coach again."
If there was such a clause then he could potentially lose the remaining $4M that they owe him.

As I indicated in my prior post "No idea if that would be lost if he were to coach again."
If there was such a clause then he could potentially lose the remaining $4M that they owe him.
Yeah or maybe they split the difference with salary? Who knows? I just wonder how much stuff like this has impacted the process.

I don't think we can let this thread die. Listen, there's like an 80% chance we're hiring a new coach again within 3-5 years. Either the next guy is good and he maybe gets hired away, or he's bad and we fire him.

Point is, Dan Mullen said he wasn't our next coach. He didn't say he wasn't our next next coach!

We can get this thing to 300 pages by then if we just stay committed, work on our rental car and private jet sources, drink LOTS of bourbon, and never give up.

Now who's with me???

I don't think we can let this thread die. Listen, there's like an 80% chance we're hiring a new coach again within 3-5 years. Either the next guy is good and he maybe gets hired away, or he's bad and we fire him.

Point is, Dan Mullen said he wasn't our next coach. He didn't say he wasn't our next next coach!

We can get this thing to 300 pages by then if we just stay committed, work on our rental car and private jet sources, drink LOTS of bourbon, and never give up.

Now who's with me???
HIRE MULLEN. Did I do this right?

It’s been real everybody. Appreciate the bashing. Shared info that was shared to me from sources I have and trust. Sorry for anything exciting. Will be sticking to my chat.
I assume, from your handle, that you went to 'Ham.

Can I get a show of hands, via replies, how many Nottingham alums we have on the board?

He primarily coaches cornerbacks. Muschamp coaches safeties. I believe Kirby helps in secondary as well

He primarily coaches cornerbacks. Muschamp coaches safeties. I believe Kirby helps in secondary as well
I'm sorry, you seem to be looking for the Fran Brown thread, but this is the Dan Mullen thread. It's a flame that will burn forever, because when Brown packs our cupboard with talent and cranks out a few 8 win seasons, he'll probably be hired away by someone like Texas A&M for like a billion dollars after they pay Elko a hundred milly to not coach there anymore because he wasn't winning nattys.

That's when we give the full cupboard to offensive mastermind Dan Mullen, and he keeps it rolling for the resurgent Syracuse Football program.

This thread shall be like the Olympic flame. It can never be extinguished!

At least that's what the dude at the Enterprise rent a car counter told me, but he looked a little crazy so who knows.

I'm sorry, you seem to be looking for the Fran Brown thread, but this is the Dan Mullen thread. It's a flame that will burn forever, because when Brown packs our cupboard with talent and cranks out a few 8 win seasons, he'll probably be hired away by someone like Texas A&M for like a billion dollars after they pay Elko a hundred milly to not coach there anymore because he wasn't winning nattys.

That's when we give the full cupboard to offensive mastermind Dan Mullen, and he keeps it rolling for the resurgent Syracuse Football program.

This thread shall be like the Olympic flame. It can never be extinguished!

At least that's what the dude at the Enterprise rent a car counter told me, but he looked a little crazy so who knows.
Whoops you’re correct

Sometimes we create narratives to fulfill our disappointment. I heard he didnt want to coach next year and wanted to stay with ESPN. I didnt believe it at the time but this confirms it.
he does have the cuse helmet in top left, looks like all his stops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors