Danny Manning out at Wake Forest / Steve Forbes in | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Danny Manning out at Wake Forest / Steve Forbes in

I think because of the pandemic they were afraid to make the move.
Yes that’s true. But also they’ve apparently been combing through his contract trying to figure out a way they can reduce his $14 million buyout. Probably trying to pull a UConn. Crappy move by a crappy program.

Wake Forest is going to be in some big fight coming up! I can't see the ACC wanting this to drag out like the UConn-Ollie lawsuit.

So here's Manning's record in 6 years. He got an extension after the 2016- 2017 season with his first winning season and 1st tournament bid. The extension was for 6 years to end in 2024-2025. Don't know why he was offered an extension that long but they made the deal.

Screen Shot 2020-04-30 at 10.32.35 AM.png

Further investigation, it looks like the old AD, Ron Wellman, made the deal and the new AD, John Currie, fired him. Well that name should sound familiar. John Currie was the AD, hired at the University of Tennessee, when the Schiano hiring debacle occurred. Currie was let go after this being on the job for 8 months. Before that he was the AD at Kansas State, where he had a small controversy with replacing Women's Equestrian with women's soccer without any communication with coaches, parents, and the community.

Wake Forest is going to be in some big fight coming up! I can't see the ACC wanting this to drag out like the UConn-Ollie lawsuit.

So here's Manning's record in 6 years. He got an extension after the 2016- 2017 season with his first winning season and 1st tournament bid. The extension was for 6 years to end in 2024-2025. Don't know why he was offered an extension that long but they made the deal.

View attachment 180505

Further investigation, it looks like the old AD, Ron Wellman, made the deal and the new AD, John Currie, fired him. Well that name should sound familiar. John Currie was the AD, hired at the University of Tennessee, when the Schiano hiring debacle occurred. Currie was let go after this being on the job for 8 months. Before that he was the AD at Kansas State, where he had a small controversy with replacing Women's Equestrian with women's soccer without any communication with coaches, parents, and the community.

Currie sounds like a douche. I hope he and Forbes land Wake on NCAA probation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom