Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

In the 2018 high school class? Really?
Um ya the duke kids. The little kid going to UNC. Emmett Williams who put on a show in the Jordan game all look more impressive.

Um ya the duke kids. The little kid going to UNC. Emmett Williams who put on a show in the Jordan game all look more impressive.
You said hundreds. You may not care for him, but there aren't hundreds with Bazley's potential.

You said hundreds. You may not care for him, but there aren't hundreds with Bazley's potential.
You said the 2018 class. What about this years draft class and last year? What g league guys are currently getting endorsements?

endorsement, sneaker or agent money. makes no difference. if you think the only thing he's getting is the $26k, you're the only one.
What company is going to give the 9th best hs player playing in the g league an endorsement?
Bazely definitely didn't swerve into the G-League for $26k. Whether it was an agent or someone else that dropped the bag, we don't know. But I doubt it was an endorsement. Endorsement contracts are normally advertised ... (publicity is the financial purpose of an endorsement). In the past, most basketball endorsements were offered after the draft. Recently, that has changed. But only for lottery-quality players. Bazely may get there some day, but he picked probably the worst path and I would be surprised if he won any significant endorsements unless he started appearing high on the mocks (at least a year away, if he's able to earn enough minutes and play well enough to distinguish himself and doesn't get hurt).
Nike Just Signed These 7 NBA Rookies Before the 2017 NBA Draft

Do people forgot how hard it is to even make the final four? A national title contender? There's roughly 50 of 'em on March 15th.
If Battle returns and Baz were at PF, and Sibide is healthy and Buddy is a lights out shooter, and Hughes is a surprise, and Carey is ready, we would be a 1 or at worst 2 seed. As a high seed we would have an easier path. We would be the tallest team, and one of the most skilled and experienced teams to come along in a long time. There would be a decent chance that we could have earned our 2nd NC. This argument should have been presented to Baz. Final four exposure and a NC can translate into mega- bucks.

If Battle returns and Baz were at PF, and Sibide is healthy and Buddy is a lights out shooter, and Hughes is a surprise, and Carey is ready, we would be a 1 or at worst 2 seed. As a high seed we would have an easier path. We would be the tallest team, and one of the most skilled and experienced teams to come along in a long time. There would be a decent chance that we could have earned our 2nd NC. This argument should have been presented to Baz. Final four exposure and a NC can translate into mega- bucks.

I’m sure the thought occurred to him.

Yeah, I'm sure Bazley never considered what the team might look like and accomplish had he suited up for SU next season.

Yeah IF all that happens. They’d have a shot.

Yeah, I'm sure Bazley never considered what the team might look like and accomplish had he suited up for SU next season.
He probably did not consider that Battle could be back. He gave a laundry list of reasons to go to Syracuse including facilities and fans but did not mention competing for a NC. Without Battle (and Baz) we are probably not a major NC contender. Therefore, he probably did not consider that we would be a NC contender.

Last edited:
He probably did not consider that Battle could be back. He gave a laundry list of reasons to go to Syracuse including facilities and fans but did not mention competing for a NC.

He’s a top ten recruit who is confident enough in his abilities that he thinks he can get to the NBA after a year in the G League. I think he knew he could win a title at SU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huh?? Overseas now? JBA league?

tumblr_m0wb2xz9Yh1r08e3p.jpg

Wow. Could he still be welcome at Syracuse?

I don’t mean to be rude but from how I hear he treated Oshae and if Tyus comes back, given how he spurned Syracuse University, he can eat a bag.

If he comes to Syracuse and works out, he owes me for the 2 beta blockers I had to take the day he spurned us!

True story...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom