Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

And I'm sure the agent and whoever else cooked this up said you'll have to decommit from Ohio State as your from Cincy and people in Ohio get angry about being used. You can commit to Syracuse, they're a high profile program, and they wont roll over for pay to play so we want to screw with Boeheim.
You're saying Bazeley had this plan when he was committed to Ohio State? And only decommitted from them because Ohioans are more vindictive than New Yawkuz? And because he needed to play in the McD game for 'profile' purposes, he needed a patsy school to commit to, so he chose Syracuse, because he/his agent knew we don't pay players, and the agent is angry about us not shifting funds his way, so he wanted us to be the eventual victim when Bazeley spurned his patsy team?

Genius! Did you get that off 4chan? So much good stuff there...
: )

You're saying Bazeley had this plan when he was committed to Ohio State? And only decommitted from them because Ohioans are more vindictive than New Yawkuz? And because he needed to play in the McD game for 'profile' purposes, he needed a patsy school to commit to, so he chose Syracuse, because he/his agent knew we don't pay players, and the agent is angry about us not shifting funds his way, so he wanted us to be the eventual victim when Bazeley spurned his patsy team?

All is Boeheim had to say is , "sure, we'll participate in the pay to play", and he would have had all the 4 and 5 star guys he wanted. But yes, on the overall scheme, I'm sure those shoe agents are much more clever and devious than I can even imagine. Also, just look how this is going down. Syracuse is taking the story on its face value. If this had happened to OSU, people in Cincy might know the real deal and reporters from Columbus would be down there finding out the facts. You don't mess around with a powerful state school in their own state. Too close to home. SU made a good patsy.

Last edited:
Yeah, certainly, but I was speaking about 'fan outrage,' and how the coaches' characters might have been called into question. Is that different because they're professionals, and Bazeley is a 'kid' who's 'supposed to be more grateful for the opportunities he's given.'
I don't know? Do we know how those fanbases reacted? What do Jets fans think of Belichik?

All is Boeheim had to say is , "sure, we'll participate in the pay to play", and he would have had all the 4 and 5 star guys he wanted. But yes, on the overall scheme, I'm sure those shoe agents are much more clever and devious than I can even imagine. Also, just look how this is going down. Syracuse is taking the story on its face value. If this had happened to OSU, people in Cincy might know the real deal and reporters from Columbus would be down there finding out the facts. You don't mess around with a powerful state school in their own state. Too close to home. SU made a good patsy.
tenor.gif

You're misreading me, with all DR. I think it was a stupid, selfish move, not a "good idea". But it's time to move on.
No I know you do I was just piggybacking off your post to pose a question.

I don't know? Do we know how those fanbases reacted? What do Jets fans think of Belichik?
Jet fans still hate him but here is the thing he never signed a contract and he left the jets for the pats its not like he left to coach an arena football team.

If it’s laughable it should not be hard to do the one thing you’ve never done on this board and post some evidence.
MENU
Home|Eligibility|Amateur Bylaw Resource Center
Amateur Bylaw Resource Center
http://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Eligibility/Bylaw4-10-2RequestRetentionofAmateurStatus.pdf

b) Capitalizing on the athlete’s fame by receiving money, merchandise or services of value. An athlete “capitalizes” on his/her “athletic fame” by accepting money, merchandise or services of value based in whole or in part upon the notoriety the athlete received through his/her athletic skills and achievements. This includes using the athlete’s skill, directly or indirectly, for pay in any form in that sport. “Pay” includes, but is not limited to, any direct or indirect remuneration, gratuity or other economic benefit in either the present or future, or any division or split of surplus (bonuses, games’ receipts, etc.). Scholarships to institutions of higher education are specifically exempted;

c) Signing a contract or making a commitment of any kind to play professional athletics, regardless of its legal enforceability or any payment received. This prohibits signing a contract during the interscholastic athletics season that is dated after the completion of the athlete’s interscholastic athletic eligibility;

d) Receiving, directly or indirectly, a salary, reimbursement of expenses, merchandise or services or any other form of financial assistance or benefits from a professional sports organization based upon athletics skills or participation. EXCEPTION: An athlete may receive reimbursement of expenses as per item (a) for a professional tryout;

e) Competing with any professional athletics team, even if no pay or remuneration for expenses was received; or

f) Entering into an agreement with a sports or marketing agent (O.R.C. §§4771.01 et seq.).
Bylaw 4-10-3
4-10-3 The following activities do not jeopardize amateur status:

a) Accepting a fee for instructing, supervising or officiating in an organized youth sports program or recreation, playground or camp activities;

b) Receiving school-sponsored membership or participation fees in youth serving agencies, athletic clubs, community recreation centers, instructional programs or camps, etc. provided such fees are paid directly to the agency;

c) Receiving an award, playing equipment or prize of monetary value which does not exceed the awards amount authorized by the Association;

d) Receiving all non-monetary benefits and awards provided to members of an Olympic team beyond actual and necessary expenses, including entertainment, equipment, clothing, long distance telephone service, Internet access, and any other item or service for which it can be demonstrated that the same benefit is available to all members of the nation’s Olympic team or the specific sport Olympic team in question;

e) Accepting funds that are administered by the United States Olympic Committee pursuant to its Operation Gold Program; or

f) Participating in member school, charitable or educational promotions or fund-raising activities that involve the use of athletic ability by student-athletes to obtain funds (e.g., swimathons, lift-a-thons, shoot-a-thons) from donors, provided the student-athletes receive no compensation or prizes for their participation.

g) Accepting scholarship funds that are administered by a national governing body, e.g. the United States Bowling Congress’ Scholarship Program, provided such funds are paid directly to a postsecondary institution and the funds are not available until after the student has graduated from high school.
Bylaw 4-10-4
4-10-4 A high school student who loses amateur status/athletic eligibility may apply to the Association for reinstatement in the interscholastic program. Such appeals shall be handled by the Commissioner in accordance with the bylaws. If a student-athlete in one sport violates a provision of the amateur bylaw as detailed above, the student-athlete may represent the member school in a different sport.

MENU
Home|Eligibility|Amateur Bylaw Resource Center
Amateur Bylaw Resource Center
http://www.ohsaa.org/Portals/0/Eligibility/Bylaw4-10-2RequestRetentionofAmateurStatus.pdf

b) Capitalizing on the athlete’s fame by receiving money, merchandise or services of value. An athlete “capitalizes” on his/her “athletic fame” by accepting money, merchandise or services of value based in whole or in part upon the notoriety the athlete received through his/her athletic skills and achievements. This includes using the athlete’s skill, directly or indirectly, for pay in any form in that sport. “Pay” includes, but is not limited to, any direct or indirect remuneration, gratuity or other economic benefit in either the present or future, or any division or split of surplus (bonuses, games’ receipts, etc.). Scholarships to institutions of higher education are specifically exempted;

c) Signing a contract or making a commitment of any kind to play professional athletics, regardless of its legal enforceability or any payment received. This prohibits signing a contract during the interscholastic athletics season that is dated after the completion of the athlete’s interscholastic athletic eligibility;

d) Receiving, directly or indirectly, a salary, reimbursement of expenses, merchandise or services or any other form of financial assistance or benefits from a professional sports organization based upon athletics skills or participation. EXCEPTION: An athlete may receive reimbursement of expenses as per item (a) for a professional tryout;

e) Competing with any professional athletics team, even if no pay or remuneration for expenses was received; or

) Entering into an agreement with a sports or marketing agent (O.R.C. §§4771.01 et seq.).
Bylaw 4-10-3
4-10-3 The following activities do not jeopardize amateur status:

a) Accepting a fee for instructing, supervising or officiating in an organized youth sports program or recreation, playground or camp activities;

b) Receiving school-sponsored membership or participation fees in youth serving agencies, athletic clubs, community recreation centers, instructional programs or camps, etc. provided such fees are paid directly to the agency;

c) Receiving an award, playing equipment or prize of monetary value which does not exceed the awards amount authorized by the Association;

d) Receiving all non-monetary benefits and awards provided to members of an Olympic team beyond actual and necessary expenses, including entertainment, equipment, clothing, long distance telephone service, Internet access, and any other item or service for which it can be demonstrated that the same benefit is available to all members of the nation’s Olympic team or the specific sport Olympic team in question;

e) Accepting funds that are administered by the United States Olympic Committee pursuant to its Operation Gold Program; or

) Participating in member school, charitable or educational promotions or fund-raising activities that involve the use of athletic ability by student-athletes to obtain funds (e.g., swimathons, lift-a-thons, shoot-a-thons) from donors, provided the student-athletes receive no compensation or prizes for their participation.

g) Accepting scholarship funds that are administered by a national governing body, e.g. the United States Bowling Congress’ Scholarship Program, provided such funds are paid directly to a postsecondary institution and the funds are not available until after the student has graduated from high school.
Bylaw 4-10-4
4-10-4 A high school student who loses amateur status/athletic eligibility may apply to the Association for reinstatement in the interscholastic program. Such appeals shall be handled by the Commissioner in accordance with the bylaws. If a student-athlete in one sport violates a provision of the amateur bylaw as detailed above, the student-athlete may represent the member school in a different sport.

Welp. There it is.

Dude would have been T-O-X-I-C

Addition by subtraction.

Yup... this kid is all about himself. Way too many voices in his ear telling him to do things that probably aren't best for him. The fact that he texted JB and didn't call him speaks volumes. I get that he called Griffin, but the head coach of the team that you committed to absolutely deserves a phone call too... and that phone call should have been the first one he made. Terrible look for him all around.

There's a reason none of the top players have gone this route in the past and he's the "trailblazer". He'll find that out soon enough. I'm sure he'll find his way to the NBA in some capacity if he lives up to his potential, but I'm fairly confident that he won't sniff the lottery next year.

Yup... this kid is all about himself. Way too many voices in his ear telling him to do things that probably aren't best for him. The fact that he texted JB and didn't call him speaks volumes. I get that he called Griffin, but the head coach of the team that you committed to absolutely deserves a phone call too... and that phone call should have been the first one he made. Terrible look for him all around.

There's a reason none of the top players have gone this route in the past and he's the "trailblazer". He'll find that out soon enough. I'm sure he'll find his way to the NBA in some capacity if he lives up to his potential, but I'm fairly confident that he won't sniff the lottery next year.
FWIW, grown men don't handle this either. It's believed that Gordon Hayward never called Gail Miller when he decided to join the Celtics.

lol

Kid’s got his mom and his coach pushing him to do this, and who knows what happened at the McDonald’s game, agent wise?

I feel bad for him. Hope it works out.

Oh, and all the “pioneer” stuff is still annoying. But a lot of high school kids are annoying.

How many first round picks, or lottery alone, have we produced in the last 10 years?

He’s either very unintelligent and selfish or the adults in his life are using him to their own ends.

Unbelievable. How the hell did they convince him the G league is a better avenue than Europe or China too? Insanity

Unbelievable. How the hell did they convince him the G league is a better avenue than Europe or China too? Insanity

The only possible answer is that he has income coming in that is separate from the G-league salary. If he gets drafted next year as a lottery pick then he made a good move. If not, then there won't be alot of people following his lead. But you can't say yet whether it was a good or bad decision. It just sucks that we are collateral damage.

The draft is still about potential. I’m not sure a year in college vs the G league is going to have an impact tbh.
For sure. But I think the potential for him to skyrocket toward the top of the draft would be greatest playing in college as opposed to elsewhere for a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom