Class of 2014 - DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 DB Deion Hallmon (FL) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like someone is changing his tune

Great to still have him on board. Todd, I saw that you predicted Hallmon to RU, what gave you that feeling? Hearing a lot about him and Cuse

Let's just say I had very good reason to do so, at the time. Today, I don't know. Maybe I'll share more after he makes his final decision.

"Well, at least I'm not Michael Cohen."

If we get Hallmon, our secondary in the future may rival some of the best ever at the Cuse.

My favorite secondary was the 87/88 seasons with Marcus Paul leading the way...

If we get Hallmon, our secondary in the future may rival some of the best ever at the Cuse.

My favorite secondary was the 87/88 seasons with Marcus Paul leading the way...
Don't sleep on this year's secondary...we've got 4 very good corners.

That was a good secondary .. but I was never a huge fan of Byrd ... always thought Allen was a tad overrated but the kid could play. Loved watching Darius ... damn I miss some of those teams.
And remember Keith Bullock started off as a Safety!

That was a good secondary .. but I was never a huge fan of Byrd ... always thought Allen was a tad overrated but the kid could play. Loved watching Darius ... damn I miss some of those teams.
The thing is Darius, and Jones made most people coming into the secondary hear footsteps.

And remember Keith Bullock started off as a Safety!

Oh I remember ... I was on the hill from 95-99 and played in the rec hoops like ... Bullock dunked on our center who was about 6'3" ... we were supposed to play the football team ... we were in the dorm division but our opponent and their opponent didn't show up ... so we ended up playing them "for fun" it was fun for them alright ... that cat was one athletic mofo ...

Not sure how Allen could be too overrated, he's had a nice NFL career. To me, that means he's pretty damn good.

Not sure how Allen could be too overrated, he's had a nice NFL career. To me, that means he's pretty damn good.

That is why I said a tad overrated ... I didn't think he was round 1 talent and many did ... but yes he did have a nice NFL career ... and he was pretty good.

Darius, Jones, Allen, Byrd ...

that was absolutely amazing. Donovan Darius was one of our most under rated great pro's. He was the defensive anchor on some very good Jacksonville teams.

Heritage up 14-0, this game could get out of hands very quickly.

Hallmon helped off the field with an apparent hamstring injury with 4mins left in 1st half...the announcer noted that he had been nursing that hamstring coming in. While in, he played press coverage exclusively & the opposing QB did not once even look his way, let alone target him, presumably by design/gameplan. He did not record a tackle & his name was not called before the injury but, as I noted, he basically shut down one side of the field as far as their passing game.

After sitting out the rest of the series, Hallmon returns on D for the following series & looks fine. QB still not even glancing his way. Hallmon with a nice 35 yard KOR from the goal line, straight up the middle, North-South with 1 cut ala Max Suter, only much faster. You can see hi quick burst & ability to reach "top gear" in a hurry. Was one defender away from breaking it. Cypress' starting KOR was injured early on so we may see Hallmon for the remainder, including the 2nd half opener.

DH with a nice open-field, low "leg wrap-up" tackle for a loss on their athletic QB (ESPN's #3 ATH in 2015). Halftime now.

Is it Deion who is announcing tomorrow? Can't remember who's supposed to announce.

Status
Not open for further replies.