DB Jeremiah Wilson in the portal AND BACK AT SU | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

DB Jeremiah Wilson in the portal AND BACK AT SU

And that is exactly why we will never compete in the current college football landscape ever again. People don’t care. And not just you, but people who are supposed to care.

People do care. The school, AD, fans all care. They wouldn't be spending hundreds of millions of dollars if they didn't.

White himself said money wasn't the main reason he's leaving. Maybe he's being nice but I don't think SU would've gotten the staff they had this past season if they weren't ponying up.

And that is exactly why we will never compete in the current college football landscape ever again. People don’t care. And not just you, but people who are supposed to care.
Anomander I know over the years we haven’t had a ton of interaction, but you truly are one of the posters I have enjoyed. My memory isn’t as good as I like to think it is, but I feel like you have gotten more negative over the years which is understandable, the teams have struggled. IMO it’s not people like me that why we don’t compete. I give money, what I can afford, and granted that’s not much, but I also choose to look at things realistically. I’m not saying roll over and play dead but if anyone doesn’t see a hole that is getting larger and larger between the have and the have nots is not looking close enough. The SEC and B10 are getting twice as much TV money as ACC and if that difference isn’t supplemented somehow it’s only going to get worse. Reasonable expectations to me are a need to stay ahead of Pitt, BC,Wake, Duke, etc. consistently beating Clemson and FSU is going to require them to come to us as much as vice versa. As frustrating as it gets for you to look at fans like myself and think we are apathetic it is equally frustrating for me to look at a fan that says they lost 8 starters since the season started why are they finishing 1-6 down the stretch. All things are not equal. Anyways I appreciate your thoughts and enjoy perspectives different than my own, it’s how we all get better.

That has been posted before. It’s for all injuries including guys that are just questionable. I’m talking season ending or at least long term. You can go count them because I’m not.

Indiana, USC, and Syracuse all have 8 season ending injuries according to that link.

USC had 7 occur before November 1st. Syracuse had 6 occur before November 1st. Funny enough, one of those USC injuries in Mo Hassan. Yup...That Mo Hassan. Dom Foster also counts for Cuse mind you.

For reference, Cuse lost Garret on November 1st so it could be 7 if we want to include that week.

I'd said Syracuse is basically 2nd if not 1st in terms of worst hit during the season just in terms of numbers. But...

I'm sure one could argue USC's backup backup QB and Placekicker isn't that bad compared to losing those Syracuse's starters.

It's not even close who had the worst impactful injuries. It's Syracuse.

Anomander I know over the years we haven’t had a ton of interaction, but you truly are one of the posters I have enjoyed. My memory isn’t as good as I like to think it is, but I feel like you have gotten more negative over the years which is understandable, the teams have struggled. IMO it’s not people like me that why we don’t compete. I give money, what I can afford, and granted that’s not much, but I also choose to look at things realistically. I’m not saying roll over and play dead but if anyone doesn’t see a hole that is getting larger and larger between the have and the have nots is not looking close enough. The SEC and B10 are getting twice as much TV money as ACC and if that difference isn’t supplemented somehow it’s only going to get worse. Reasonable expectations to me are a need to stay ahead of Pitt, BC,Wake, Duke, etc. consistently beating Clemson and FSU is going to require them to come to us as much as vice versa. As frustrating as it gets for you to look at fans like myself and think we are apathetic it is equally frustrating for me to look at a fan that says they lost 8 starters since the season started why are they finishing 1-6 down the stretch. All things are not equal. Anyways I appreciate your thoughts and enjoy perspectives different than my own, it’s how we all get better.
I appreciate the post and I didn’t mean anything personal by it. I’m just frustrated and seeing a doormat program like Colorado, who isn’t in the B10/SEC, and basically shadowed our rise and fall from relevancy , pony up and go out and get Deion, and actually hire our former OC away from his HC job at Kent St to be his OC. You can’t tell me they didn’t have to give him at least a mil for that?

Also, as far as the injuries it would be understandable if this wasn’t an annual thing. At what point do you have to say our annual injury issue may have an underlying issue? Maybe it’s been a while, but I don’t remember having these injury issues in the 80’s and 90’s when we were good .

I’m done carrying on now and apologize to everyone for the negativity. I’m just frustrated at how everything unfolded this year and then obviously losing both coordinators to those s at NC ST and Nebraska of all places.

I understand and accept what the program is. The 90s are over. I hope once a decade they can have a shot to make the playoffs.

It doesn't dampen my love and enthusiasm for the team.

Honestly I don’t get posts like these? Our program has been the bottom dweller of the ACC since we joined, minus 2018 and half of this year. Any time we have any success it’s gone the next year. Remember when Marrone had two 8 win seasons and went to the NFL. Everything was going to be fine because we’re making a continuity hire. How’d that go? Set us back 5 years. Then we get Babers who despite a couple 4 win seasons looks promising. We have the great 2018 run and lose our OC to a mid-major HC job (Who just left that job to be an OC at Colorado).

I just don’t get where are all the roses and butterflies everybody sees? We’ve had 2 winning seasons in 7 years under Babers. We had 1 winning season in 3 years under Shafer, and Marrone, by far the best of the bunch was 2-2 and we lost him because we didn’t deliver on the facilities we promised. The theme is we are always playing catch up. I love watching the games, but is it fun having 5 winnings seasons in 14 years including some 1 win years? So I don’t get why you can’t understand the gloom and doom?
Syracuse wasn’t a bottom dweller at any time this season.

I appreciate the post and I didn’t mean anything personal by it. I’m just frustrated and seeing a doormat program like Colorado, who isn’t in the B10/SEC, and basically shadowed our rise and fall from relevancy , pony up and go out and get Deion, and actually hire our former OC away from his HC job at Kent St to be his OC. You can’t tell me they didn’t have to give him at least a mil for that?

Also, as far as the injuries it would be understandable if this wasn’t an annual thing. At what point do you have to say our annual injury issue may have an underlying issue? Maybe it’s been a while, but I don’t remember having these injury issues in the 80’s and 90’s when we were good .

I’m done carrying on now and apologize to everyone for the negativity. I’m just frustrated at how everything unfolded this year and then obviously losing both coordinators to those s at NC ST and Nebraska of all places.

It's not that crazy for a MAC HC to leave for a P5 OC. We poached Gilbert from a HC job a couple years ago.

All good sir! Keep doing you! Enjoy reading what you write.

And what are you doing but complaining and saying not good enough?

I can only speak for myself. In my “real life” I have a ton of stresses not limited to finishing my career on a high note, paying for my kid to go to college, finishing paying off my mortgage, getting my kid to every practice on time, keeping the Mrs happy which never ends, and getting old enough to realize I’m not immortal. My sports are my passion, and my escape. I KNOW that my hometown and Alma Mater have struggled for what seems like forever. I like to come and share my Cuse thoughts, triumphs, and despair with a bunch of like minded strangers to feel a sense of community. When it becomes an atmosphere of complete negativity it makes my escape something I don’t need I’m my life. I’m not saying everything needs to be positive, but some are just doom and gloom at all times and they get out on ignore and I carry on. That’s just my $.02, and what I think when I see the above comment.
This ^^^^.

I'm not complaining about the past though. I'm complaining about the present where we just lost our OC and DC after a 7-5 year. You would hope if both coordinators would be poached we would have had at least 9 wins. That's why I was saying expectations should have been raised after a 6-0 start. I'm also saying paying elite coordinators under $1m isn't going to cut it anymore. With all the money these programs are bringing in assistant salary pools are just going to continue to increase. We have several things working against us, at least overpaying to keep top talent is something we can do. I know it won't happen, and nothing will change. We can celebrate getting to 6 wins and making a mid tier bowl every 5 years.

You mentioned Marrone unless I missed something.

Anae from what others who seem to know posted he was always a short termer. Beck was the rising asset.

It's football, these guys are nomads, just need to hire well and go forward.

We had one game where we weren't competitive. If this rash of injuries happened at another time over the last X years it would've been blowout city. Depth got a lot better.
I think this is true.

Indiana, USC, and Syracuse all have 8 season ending injuries according to that link.

USC had 7 occur before November 1st. Syracuse had 6 occur before November 1st. Funny enough, one of those USC injuries in Mo Hassan. Yup...That Mo Hassan. Dom Foster also counts for Cuse mind you.

For reference, Cuse lost Garret on November 1st so it could be 7 if we want to include that week.

I'd said Syracuse is basically 2nd if not 1st in terms of worst hit during the season just in terms of numbers. But...

I'm sure one could argue USC's backup backup QB and Placekicker isn't that bad compared to losing those Syracuse's starters.

It's not even close who had the worst impactful injuries. It's Syracuse.

You’re a better man than me for going through that database and counting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom