DB Jeremiah Wilson in the portal AND BACK AT SU | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

DB Jeremiah Wilson in the portal AND BACK AT SU

Losing 9 starters may have had something to do with it.
Of course it did. That's a knock on Dino's ability to build quality depth. Your team is as good as it's depth. Your team isn't just starters.

I would love to win the powerball, but those darn taxes I’d have to pay. UGH
I don't equate 7 wins to winning the lottery, but I do get your very loosely connected analogy.

This team has had 5 winning seasons in 19 years. No one is ignoring the problems. We all choose to come on this forum. So why waist your time here telling people what they already know?
You'd have to read all the previous comments to get the proper context. I just don't understand why when someone wants to discuss concerns instead of only focusing on positives, they are basically told to go somewhere else. Real honest conversations do not live in an echo chamber.

Our program had one of the best starts we’ve had, despite some poor coaching. We had some players perform at levels that we haven’t seen in a long time. If all you can focus on is what Syracuse used to be 20 years ago and can’t find happiness about progress, you must be a thrill at dinner parties.
It's not all I focus on. I engage in plenty of positive discussions because I love Syracuse football. Likewise, I also like to discuss things that are concerning or troubling. I don't find that unreasonable.

You'd have to read all the previous comments to get the proper context. I just don't understand why when someone wants to discuss concerns instead of only focusing on positives, they are basically told to go somewhere else. Real honest conversations do not live in an echo chamber.
Not true. This forum is more critical of the program than anything else. I have yet to notice a member that always focus on the positives. Its a mix of various opinions. Good and bad. Some people feel they have to respond with a negative after someone says something positive about the team. Like bad teams don't have good moments/achievements. Thats what I dont get,

its up to the adminstration to spend money and play big boy ball and that takes buying out coaches that dont perform well and bringing in big time coaches. Then you need to match the offers they receive each year. It takes Admins, donors, boosters will need to help with that. I feel like we have been having the same conversation here for 10 years. Its not in our control. Its up to the University.

Why would people think that Syracuse a small private northeast school in the ACC should be able to compete with Big 10 and SEC Schools. It's pretty simple finances really? At least that is the way I look at it

Bringing endowment into the equation is apples and oranges

Nothing on his Instagram or Twitter. Four days ago he liked an Cusefootball Instagram post for the Pinstripe Bowl. I don't know if he is leaving or if it was just a reactionary moment to the news White was leaving.

I know adults that go through a ton of emotion when their boss leaves even when they don’t like the boss. It’s a shock to people so imagine it from what are still kids in ways. I had 15 bosses in the time I was in the car business, it was always a little jolt for the day (or two) even when I knew it was coming.

Hopefully the team is there helping each other through this, I’m sure they are, as well as the coaching staff. And hopefully he stays with the team and realizes it’s not just one coach that makes his college experience what it is.

Of course it did. That's a knock on Dino's ability to build quality depth. Your team is as good as it's depth. Your team isn't just starters.

To be fair both things can be accurate. We are Syracuse, we have to put them in some context. We aren’t going to be an SEC team with 4 star players on the 3 deep. It’s the wrong team to follow if that’s the goal because it’s not happening. So depth will always be an issue if you lose 9 starters. We do need to recruit better, that’s more complicated than just saying “we need to do it”. But everyone knows things need to improve. But most teams will suffer if they lose 9 starters. An SEC team like Alabama might end up with 2 losses for the year instead of being undefeated and their fans are calling for coaches heads. So there needs to be some perspective.

Not true. This forum is more critical of the program than anything else. I have yet to notice a member that always focus on the positives. Its a mix of various opinions. Good and bad. Some people feel they have to respond with a negative after someone says something positive about the team. Like bad teams don't have good moments/achievements. Thats what I dont get,
I see your point about being a wet blanket in response to positive comments. My issue is more with people responding to a complaint or a concern with being called a chicken little, or "take it somewhere else" simply because they don't want to be exposed to a view that may challenge their orange tinted opinion.

I see your point about being a wet blanket in response to positive comments. My issue is more with people responding to a complaint or a concern with being called a chicken little, or "take it somewhere else" simply because they don't want to be exposed to a view that may challenge their orange tinted opinion.
Understandable.

I seem to recall Clemson struggling with depth issues just this year.. And Ala had one of their down years when they only had 6-7 dline to compete with.. Every team has depth issues, Its just a matter of if thats the yr the injuries hit that spot.

Look at TCU, no one has taken more hits than that QB and they made it thru the season, Im sure they might not be 11-0 if he went down, Kansas look what happened with the QB got hurt.. It happens all over but too many here dont watch other teams to see it.

We had enough depth to take every game into the 4th but 1 and if the oline had played better we might have survived it even better to a 8-9-10 win season.

Last edited:
I seem to recall Clemson struggling with depth issues just this year.. And Ala had one of their down years when they only had 6-7 dline to compete with.. Every team has depth issues, Its just a matter of if thats the yr the injuries hit that spot.

Look at TCU, no one has taken more hits than that QB and they made it thru the season, Im sure they might not be 11-0 if he went down, Kansas look what happened with the QB got hurt.. It happens all over but too any here dont watch other teams to see it.

We had enough depth to take every game into the 4th but 1 and if the oline had played better we might have survived it even better to a 8-9-10 win season.
A lot of people assume this stuff happens to SU only. I go on other team boards and they are saying all the same things we say on here. The same complaints about the coaches and players lol

Look at TCU, no one has taken more hits than that QB and they made it thru the season, Im sure they might not be 11-0 if he went down, Kansas look what happened with the QB got hurt.. It happens all over but too many here dont watch other teams to see it.

Every team has depth issues sure. But in a school like Clemson they can go 3 deep without a huge drop off. Hence can still win 10 games. Our depth is not nearly adequate enough past our 1's with the exception of a few positions.
Qdawg mentioned it earlier. We will never have that level of depth here, but If we had appropriate depth, we don't go 1-5 to finish. We probably go 2-4, or 3-3 in that stretch.

If Garrett didn't take so many clean shots where someone missed a block, we might have won a couple more games.

Every team has depth issues sure. But in a school like Clemson they can go 3 deep without a huge drop off. Hence can still win 10 games. Our depth is not nearly adequate enough past our 1's with the exception of a few positions.
Qdawg mentioned it earlier. We will never have that level of depth here, but If we had appropriate depth, we don't go 1-5 to finish. We probably go 2-4, or 3-3 in that stretch.
if we had that kind of depth we would be a top 10 school. after the top 4-5 teams who has the depth to handle going to the 2-3 deep at a few spots in a yr and still win games.

Clemson fails to have an elite QB and was beatable just this yr.

Kids a freshman. If theres anything to this rumor there’s also a real opportunity the vets can talk him down.

The more time passes without an announcement, the more likely someone stays.

There may be nothing to this. Jerry’s not a name I’ve heard anything of in response to White leaving.

if we had that kind of depth we would be a top 10 school. after the top 4-5 teams who has the depth to handle going to the 2-3 deep at a few spots in a yr and still win games.

Clemson fails to have an elite QB and was beatable just this yr.
No. If we had Clemson like depth we'd have a Clemson like finish and win 10-11 games. That's unrealistic. Like I layed out, appropriate, and realistic depth for a program like ours, should allow us to go 3-3 not 1-5 down the stretch. I don't think that level of depth is unobtainable here.

No. If we had Clemson like depth we'd have a Clemson like finish and win 10-11 games. That's unrealistic. Like I layed out, appropriate, and realistic depth for a program like ours, should allow us to go 3-3 not 1-5 down the stretch. I don't think that level of depth is unobtainable here.

Our subs did pretty darn good all things considered. But at one point there was 9 of them. 9. I bet you can’t find another team that were down 9 starters. If the subs were as good they’d be starters. Not to mention when a lot of this happened the schedule got more difficult. It was the perfect storm.

Our subs did pretty darn good all things considered. But at one point there was 9 of them. 9. I bet you can’t find another team that were down 9 starters. If the subs were as good they’d be starters. Not to mention when a lot of this happened the schedule got more difficult. It was the perfect storm.
Subs did fantastic.

What killed us was our offensive gameplan not acclimating to our injury situation vs ND, Pitt and FSU. Imo Anae was not flexible or dynamic enough to roll with punches, I hope Beck is.

People get excited about emulating UVA… but forget UVA wasn’t a very good team. Or even a good one.

If Beck can sustain drives and introduce a little flexibility and innovation, we can be a top 20 team next year.

Plenty teams with plenty injuries. Some with more some with less.

People really begin to believe "next man up" it doesn't always work out after 9 guys go down. I get the banter but it's really kind of dumb at times

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom