DB Jeremiah Wilson in the portal AND BACK AT SU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

DB Jeremiah Wilson in the portal AND BACK AT SU

Gonna need some logical reasons to understand why a freshman being groomed for a big role is leaving.

It's what college football is in 2022. Kids are leaving from everywhere at every program. There will probably be more. It's Babers issue to deal with, the expectations for next year don't change regardless of coaching changes and players leaving, it will happen every year. Just have to accept it and move on. Syracuse will put a team out there next year and the expectation will be 7 wins and a bowl game regardless of who it is. This is Dino's job to handle it.

While this is a bad loss, it isn’t necessarily tied to White and a harbinger of the dreaded “mass exodus.”

Players leave for myriad reasons (distance from home, family circumstance, etc.), and this is the best and most logical time to enter the portal.

It may turn out he’s going to Nebraska, but people need to calm down. The sky isn’t falling.

It's what college football is in 2022. Kids are leaving from everywhere at every program. There will probably be more. It's Babers issue to deal with, the expectations for next year don't change regardless of coaching changes and players leaving, it will happen every year. Just have to accept it and move on. Syracuse will put a team out there next year and the expectation will be 7 wins and a bowl game regardless of who it is. This is Dino's job to handle it.
Yup. and if he doesn't, we will find someone who can. The expectations are reasonable here.

Don’t the cornerbacks work with Monroe mainly or am I wrong on that?

Sorry, but I really wasn’t impressed by him. It seemed like he got burnt a lot.

Impressed or not, my initial concern is, according to playing time, he was our third best CB behind Duece and Johnson. Wilson was valuable as he was able to fill in if Duece or Johnson needed a break.

Next up are two other true freshman; Peterson and Delaine.

Wilson played more than 180 snaps at CB
Peterson played 3 snaps
Delaine played zero snaps

Just another challenge to step up to.

In the long run we can fill the opening from the portal unlike in previous years when you had no options if a player transferred out of your program.

Let’s go Orange.

The doom and gloom from people on this board is literally exhausting to read.
Honestly I don’t get posts like these? Our program has been the bottom dweller of the ACC since we joined, minus 2018 and half of this year. Any time we have any success it’s gone the next year. Remember when Marrone had two 8 win seasons and went to the NFL. Everything was going to be fine because we’re making a continuity hire. How’d that go? Set us back 5 years. Then we get Babers who despite a couple 4 win seasons looks promising. We have the great 2018 run and lose our OC to a mid-major HC job (Who just left that job to be an OC at Colorado).

I just don’t get where are all the roses and butterflies everybody sees? We’ve had 2 winning seasons in 7 years under Babers. We had 1 winning season in 3 years under Shafer, and Marrone, by far the best of the bunch was 2-2 and we lost him because we didn’t deliver on the facilities we promised. The theme is we are always playing catch up. I love watching the games, but is it fun having 5 winnings seasons in 14 years including some 1 win years? So I don’t get why you can’t understand the gloom and doom?

Impressed or not, my initial concern is, according to playing time, he was our third best CB behind Duece and Johnson. Wilson was valuable as he was able to fill in if Duece or Johnson needed a break.

Next up are two other true freshman; Peterson and Delaine.

Wilson played more than 180 snaps at CB
Peterson played 3 snaps
Delaine played zero snaps

Just another challenge to step up to.

In the long run we can fill the opening from the portal unlike in previous years when you had no options if a player transferred out of your program.

Let’s go Orange.

That was after Williams got hurt. Wilson was #4 before that. He also graded below those 3.

The doom and gloom from people on this board is literally exhausting to read.
By now it should be past exhausting. Im not sure how people expect to hear nothing but positive, when for 20 years it's been mainly negative news surrounding our program. We've averaged 4.5 wins over the last 22 years, our recruiting classes typically end up as one the lowest ranked power 5's, and are on our 5th coach in that same span.

Honestly I don’t get posts like these? Our program has been the bottom dweller of the ACC since we joined, minus 2018 and half of this year. Any time we have any success it’s gone the next year. Remember when Marrone had two 8 win seasons and went to the NFL. Everything was going to be fine because we’re making a continuity hire. How’d that go? Set us back 5 years. Then we get Babers who despite a couple 4 win seasons looks promising. We have the great 2018 run and lose our OC to a mid-major HC job (Who just left that job to be an OC at Colorado).

I just don’t get where are all the roses and butterflies everybody sees? We’ve had 2 winning seasons in 7 years under Babers. We had 1 winning season in 3 years under Shafer, and Marrone, by far the best of the bunch was 2-2 and we lost him because we didn’t deliver on the facilities we promised. The theme is we are always playing catch up. I love watching the games, but is it fun having 5 winnings seasons in 14 years including some 1 win years? So I don’t get why you can’t understand the gloom and doom?

I’m fine with you calling me out but I’d you’re going to call me out, you should at least look at my history.

I’ve actually been an advocate of NOT being on the HCDB train over the past couple years. And I actually love the debate of what works vs what doesn’t.

But you know what gets old? The same old people acting like the sky is falling whenever we lose a player, lose a coach, or someone gets injured.

Do I think this program could and should be better than it has been? Yes - and we showed glimpses of it this year. Am I happy about some players leaving? No, especially Wilson. He has potential.

As much as you don’t understand posts like mine, I don’t understand the need to just point out negatives constantly. It must be awful to go through life like that.

I digress. Let’s just focus on the fact that we had an awful season and the program is in a free fall.

By now it should be past exhausting. Im not sure how people expect to hear nothing but positive, when for 20 years it's been mainly negative news surrounding our program. We've averaged 4.5 wins over the last 22 years, our recruiting classes typically end up as one the lowest ranked power 5's, and are on our 5th coach in that same span.

Our program had one of the best starts we’ve had, despite some poor coaching. We had some players perform at levels that we haven’t seen in a long time. If all you can focus on is what Syracuse used to be 20 years ago and can’t find happiness about progress, you must be a thrill at dinner parties.

Our program had one of the best starts we’ve had, despite some poor coaching. We had some players perform at levels that we haven’t seen in a long time. If all you can focus on is what Syracuse used to be 20 years ago and can’t find happiness about progress, you must be a thrill at dinner parties.
It was a nice start wasn't it? It's just the 1-5 down the stretch part that has left a lot of people with that oh so familiar feeling.
I'm all for positivity, but I also can't ignore the ongoing problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom