Class of 2016 - DE Gabe Sherrod (MD) Decommits from Syracuse Commits to Michigan St. | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Gabe Sherrod (MD) Decommits from Syracuse Commits to Michigan St.

Do we know if this important player made it or is going to make it to SU this year?
I would not expect to hear much until the second summer session begins on July 5th.

Do we know if this important player made it or is going to make it to SU this year?

Babers said all scholarship players were to be on campus before July 1. I would hope that includes Gabe.

Grades perhaps? I wonder if he received his degree from DSU at their Commencement last month? I doubt he would qualify as a "grad transfer" if not.

Lousy turn of events, whatever the reason. We needed this guy to field a viable DE rotation, I fear.

Anyone know if Justin Stewart is still in the mix?

I was just in shock, Sherrod said. "I literally found out through Twitter

What?

I don't know if he visited Baylor or not but my understanding is he was still looking around after he committed.

He means did the staff worry more about Sherrod's off field issues because of the mess at Baylor. I am all for 2nd chances but the fact that Sherrod violated his probation terms and didn't take any ownership of what had happened when he was interviewed a few months back always bothered me. Maybe other stuff came up beyond Michigan State visit that bothered them and in light of the Baylor situation they are moving on.

He means did the staff worry more about Sherrod's off field issues because of the mess at Baylor. I am all for 2nd chances but the fact that Sherrod violated his probation terms and didn't take any ownership of what had happened when he was interviewed a few months back always bothered me. Maybe other stuff came up beyond Michigan State visit that bothered them and in light of the Baylor situation they are moving on.

What does Baylor have to do with Sharrod? :noidea:

His issues were made public, and he was punished accordingly.
The staff there did not cover up his transgressions.
So - pretty much the exact opposite of Baylor.

Shouldn't the title of this be Syracuse decommits from Gabe Sharrod? :p

What does Baylor have to do with Sharrod? :noidea:

His issues were made public, and he was punished accordingly.
The staff there did not cover up his transgressions.
So - pretty much the exact opposite of Baylor.

Shouldn't the title of this be Syracuse decommits from Gabe Sharrod? :p

No you are misunderstanding me. Just taking the chance on kids with prior issues, even if they are non-violent ones, even though there is nothing being covered up, is still a lot riskier in the eyes of coaches and administrators in light of a scandal like Baylor. And yes your title is dead on!

Sounds like the extra work at Delaware State gave him time to continue to look around and talk to other schools and DB decided he couldn't risk waiting for Gabe to enroll at a position with so little depth, particularly with the Colorado kid still out there. Seems if we waited this long, we could wait an additional couple of weeks until Summer Session II starts but apparently confidence level was diminishing for some reason. Let's see how long it takes Sherrod to commit to Sparty. Of course it might have been a straight up trade for Taurean Thompson. ;)

Sherrod wavering and not 100% in i believe, made the staff ask for a 100% commitment. Wilson must have been all in and we cant take any chances on not having a grad transfer at DE this August. Sherrod had interest in other schools the past few months and we cant deal with that at DE right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom