Class of 2016 - DE Josh White (GA) Verbal to Ga Tech | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Josh White (GA) Verbal to Ga Tech

Watching his tape he seems to lack the fluidity and athleticism that some of the recruits with more FBS offers have. Hopefully his instincts improve with more experience at the position and he can play at full speed. Must be a tough transition to go from QB to DE.

Watching his tape he seems to lack the fluidity and athleticism that some of the recruits with more FBS offers have. Hopefully his instincts improve with more experience at the position and he can play at full speed. Must be a tough transition to go from QB to DE.
I kind of see your point with the fluidity but he looks athletic. I think the biggest issue I have with the film is that he is barely ever touched. Georgia football is pretty good and he is free almost constantly which it strange unless he really is that good. Also not being touched on the line can lead to the almost awkward play at times.

I think of him as a Chandler Jones. :) Little raw but in two years (maybe less) with S&C and good coaching, you have a stud there.

Spot on. He seems a bit stiff as a DE. Kind of plays a little too tall, if thats a thing! Not sure if thats a technique fix, or an athletic short coming. But what do I know.

Last edited:
I really like the potential of this kid. He's played DE for one year after playing QB all his life. Looks to have a nice frame to add weight or we could potentially have him play OLB in the right scheme.

I will offer GT has plenty of room at the moment and is close to home. If they make a real play, might be a tough win for us.

I will offer GT has plenty of room at the moment and is close to home. If they make a real play, might be a tough win for us.
Admissions requirements and limited choice of majors could hinder GA Tech's efforts.

So why did he switch from QB to DE? Was he the starter for 3 years in HS then switched? Was there a senior ahead of him?

If we have Josh Black on one side of the line, and Josh White on the other side of the line, that means Black and White will make quarterbacks red all over.
200.gif

He reminds me of Dyshawn Davis for some reason. Like Dyshawn's build when he was a freshman. Also, Dyshawn was always in the offensive backfield almost immediately on his splash plays like this kid (though Dyshawn laid a much bigger lick when he met the ball carrier). Looks like a person that can add muscle and tackling technique. Size, speed and brains are a nice start...

He reminds me of Dyshawn Davis for some reason. Like Dyshawn's build when he was a freshman. Also, Dyshawn was always in the offensive backfield almost immediately on his splash plays like this kid (though Dyshawn laid a much bigger lick when he met the ball carrier). Looks like a person that can add muscle and tackling technique. Size, speed and brains are a nice start...
White is much bigger than Davis was as a HS senior. DD was listed at 6'1" and 200 lbs...much close to Halloway than White.

My guess is that this staff wouldn't have recruited DD...at least not as a DE.

White is much bigger than Davis was as a HS senior. DD was listed at 6'1" and 200 lbs...much close to Halloway than White.

My guess is that this staff wouldn't have recruited DD...at least not as a DE.
DD was a LB, not a DE. I'm just saying his style and build reminds me of DD for some reason.

DD was a LB, not a DE. I'm just saying his style and build reminds me of DD for some reason.
Yep, you're right. He was actually recruited as wr before landing at Milford.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom