Class of 2025 - DE/LB Sharlandiin Strange (PA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/27/24) | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 DE/LB Sharlandiin Strange (PA) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (1/27/24)

Who truly gives a rats azz...except Rutgers-obsessed SU fans?
The cult-like preoccupation with Rutgers on this board is a fricken embarrassment.
No other fanbase spends as much time speculating about that program as some do here. And why some choose to slob the RU knob is frankly beyond me. Smdh
It’s just banter

Confirm what? There's nothing to confirm. Its a verbal commitment, they cant comment on anything until he actually signs as a senior

Ummm, coaches in many cases will confirm a commit by tweeting something out. For Babers and co. It was a BOOM or Oranges or both. For Frans crew it seems to be a dart emoji. I didnt realize what I was asking had to be explained in more detail. Apologies

Reactions: CIL
Ummm, coaches in many cases will confirm a commit by tweeting something out. For Babers and co. It was a BOOM or Oranges or both. For Frans crew it seems to be a dart emoji. I didnt realize what I was asking had to be explained in more detail. Apologies
Oh ye of little faith.

Tyler Brewer, who is the NYC/NJ Scout for cuse football retweeted the commitment tweet.

It’s just banter

I beg to differ.
However it might have started out, now it's clearly morphed into something bordering on pathetic.
Its a sad commentary when on every other football-related topic, some member of the obsession club chimes in and comments as to what Rutgers thinks about this, or that. It's insecurity, tinged with self-loathing.
Granted it may have seemed "cute" at one time to "make fun", blah blah blah. But how that program continues to live rent free in some SU fan's heads, is absolutely mindboggling. JMHO

I beg to differ.
However it might have started out, now it's clearly morphed into something bordering on pathetic.
Its a sad commentary when on every other football-related topic, some member of the obsession club chimes in and comments as to what Rutgers thinks about this, or that. It's insecurity, tinged with self-loathing.
Granted it may have seemed "cute" at one time to "make fun", blah blah blah. But how that program continues to live rent free in some SU fan's heads, is absolutely mindboggling. JMHO
They were direct competition for this recruit and will continue to be if we want to control the NJ/PA recruiting ground. Keep it coming

I beg to differ.
We don’t have a natural rival. Someone to hate. Pitt, BC, VaTech … meh none of them really get the juices going.

Then you have Rutgers who geographically is very much in our recruiting footprint. Rutgers also seems to have a fanbase that hates us. A lot of their fans on message board apparently use Cuse as a measuring stick of success. If they are better than us then they have progressed as a program - at least I guess that’s their thinking.

So take that and add in clowns like Brian Dohn (Rutgers Alum and 247 regional analyst ) and Toddrick Hunt (Rivals version of Dohn) falsely inflating Rutgers commits stars and intentionally deflating Syracuse commit stars and they give us plenty of reason to tool on them.

Plus Rutgers has no natural rival either. And our schools should be rivals based on proximity and some time in Big East together.

It’s that simple. Not sure why anyone would get so upset that some Cuse fans don’t like Rutgers.

Especially when they smack talk how bad Cuse is, how they can out recruit us and whenever we beat them on a player they claim they backed off and didn’t really want him.

I beg to differ.
we were once conference rivals and were almost always in on the same recruits. it's sports, these are message boards. This kid visited Rutgers days before visiting us and were "on top." We got the commitment, of course we're gonna talk trash, it's January and football season doesn't start for another 8 months.

We don’t have a natural rival. Someone to hate. Pitt, BC, VaTech … meh none of them really get the juices going.

Then you have Rutgers who geographically is very much in our recruiting footprint. Rutgers also seems to have a fanbase that hates us. A lot of their fans on message board apparently use Cuse as a measuring stick of success. If they are better than us then they have progressed as a program - at least I guess that’s their thinking.

So take that and add in clowns like Brian Dohn (Rutgers Alum and 247 regional analyst ) and Toddrick Hunt (Rivals version of Dohn) falsely inflating Rutgers commits stars and intentionally deflating Syracuse commit stars and they give us plenty of reason to tool on them.

Plus Rutgers has no natural rival either. And our schools should be rivals based on proximity and some time in Big East together.

It’s that simple. Not sure why anyone would get so upset that some Cuse fans don’t like Rutgers.

Especially when they smack talk how bad Cuse is, how they can out recruit us and whenever we beat them on a player they claim they backed off and didn’t really want him.
A lot of our fans are blind to the fact that Rutgers is our biggest rival. If Rutgers was in the ACC that would be the game both teams would live and die for every year.

But notwithstanding that, the northeast really can support two great teams at a time. Historically it’s mostly been Penn State and either us or Pitt as the second, so regardless it’s important to beat Rutgers for recruits.

Sports are fun when you have rivals. It’s fun enjoying a team’s failures along with your own team’s successes. I’m not sure how or why anyone would get upset about that, but to each their own.

I beg to differ.
lol this is sports trash talk stuff. No one takes it seriously. This is not carried out onto our lives. General college football fans dont care about rutgers/Syracuse fan bantering between forums. Syracuse coaches and players definitely arent aware and dont care. This is a nice message board but dont give us too much credit.

lol this is sports trash talk stuff. No one takes it seriously. This is not carried out onto our lives. General college football fans dont care about rutgers/Syracuse fan bantering between forums. Syracuse coaches and players definitely arent aware and dont care. This is a nice message board but dont give us too much credit.
Hey!

Two things:
(1) Not "upset" in the least, more like annoyed...which is way better than obsessed. :cool:

(2) Call me old school, but I don't subscribe to manufactured rivalries. We regularly go up against Pitt, BC, PSU, WVU, Lville, and RU in recruiting battles, yet there's not a multi-page, multi-post thread on them, nor the constant referencing of what "Rutgers thinks" about this or that.
This situation morphed from our Gerg Era when we fell off the map, while they ascended to mediocrity. It has continued among some here and, strictly IMHO, it's become unseemly and smacks of crazy ex-gf vibes.
Personally, I won't give Rutgers the benefit of SU attention, especially since they haven't earned nor deserve it. Others apparently don't have those reservations, which is fine. JMHO

Two things:
(1) Not "upset" in the least, more like annoyed...which is way better than obsessed.
(2) Call me old school, but I don't subscribe to manufactured rivalries. We regularly go up against Pitt, BC, PSU, WVU, Lville, and RU in recruiting battles, yet there's not a multi-page, multi-post thread on them, not the constant referencing if what "Rutgers thinks" about this or that.
This morphed from our Gerg Era when we fell off the map, while they ascended to mediocrity. It has continued among some here and, strictly IMHO, it's become unseemly and smacks of crazy ex-gf vibes.
Personally, I won't give Rutgers the benefit of SU attention, especially since they haven't earned nor deserve it. Others apparently don't have those reservations, which is fine. JMHO
Agreed about manufactured rivalries being lame. Which is why there is something to the Rutgers / Cuse dynamic.

There is an organic dislike between the fan bases that transcends conference or schedules and it seems to be growing on the football front.

There was public beef over us initially trying to poach Cinco and twitter threats (from Fran ironically) to steal Deuce.

Now that their top recruiter is resurrecting our program expect there to be lots more chirping from Rutgers fans and lots more tooling on them from Orange Fans.

Gentlemen, this is the Strange thread...yes very strange.
For those of you with a fixation on Rutgers there is a separate thread for you to kvetch in on the Football forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom