Class of 2024 - DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23) | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DE/TE KingJoseph Edwards (GA) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/19/23)

I was wondering if someone is donating it's use. Weitsman has one. But they're not that much to rent. Looks like we've just actually entered the 21st century with recruiting.

Cost to rent depends on the size. For a light jet, I just plugged in a 1 day round trip rental at two carriers and the cost was $34,000 at one and $21,000 - $27,800 at the other. Chump change.
You get discounts when you have netjets / wheels up on longer term arrangements.

The jet flagged in the Kyle McCord thread is owned by what appears to be a wealthy individual out of Skaneateles and could just be a donor who's letting the school use it. I have a friend who's a pilot for a wealthy business man in Western NY. He works just a few days a month, if that. Just has to be available to fly when he wants him to. Otherwise they do test flights occasionally but he's usually home. There are many unused jets out there. Even if the school just pays for the fuel, it's a huge savings.

The use of a private jet and just hard work is allowing Fran to be everywhere. There’s a story I read about Calipari visiting 5 recruits in the same day bc they used a particular high speed jet to get him all over the place. Clearly Fran is following this approach and working like we haven’t seen before. When you can literally walk onto the plane and take off within minutes, it’s a lifesaver all while getting to remote places and airports that usually would take extra time to get via the slow route
I wasn’t aware we had a private jet. That’s definitely a huge help.

Personally I’ve never been in one. But my son has. He is friends with a pilot whose job is only to be available for an oil heiress if she wants to go somewhere. Plane was free so he took my son down to North Carolina for bbq and back the same day. It’s a different world.
It’s a different world and the lack of stress is unreal. I’ve been very fortunate with my job to fly private about 100 times in last ten years. But it literally ruins your life is when you have to go to regular airport lol

Here’s a good example of the ease. I coach a golfer that is looking at UGA. We left St Augustine airport and landed in Athens in 32 minutes on a Challenger 350. That’s close to a 6 hour drive each way. We flew up at 10 and were outta there at 3 and home back at my door at 345.

So when you’re going to these remote places like Fran is going to, the amount of time he is Saving just means he’s seeing more and more kids than someone else. The better thing is the commitment from JW to give him the opportunity to do this and “rack up” a bill doing it

You get discounts when you have netjets / wheels up on longer term arrangements.

The jet flagged in the Kyle McCord thread is owned by what appears to be a wealthy individual out of Skaneateles and could just be a donor who's letting the school use it. I have a friend who's a pilot for a wealthy business man in Western NY. He works just a few days a month, if that. Just has to be available to fly when he wants him to. Otherwise they do test flights occasionally but he's usually home. There are many unused jets out there. Even if the school just pays for the fuel, it's a huge savings.

If there are 'use' discounts that's even better. I should've added my quote was for a day use roundtrip to a Lafayette, LA airport. So for ~30K, Nick Williams left at 8am, hit up McKinley for an in-home then was back in Syracuse for dinner.

Anyone know the details as to how these coaches travel? Do they go in private jets?
Pretty sure
Star Trek Glitch GIF by Reconnecting Roots

You also figure that the majority of these kids will be from NJ, PA, NY and fewer from SE region and elsewhere. The prior staffs either had no connections to NE or fewer connections therefore were forced to try and get kids from FL all of the time.

Personally I’ve never been in one. But my son has. He is friends with a pilot whose job is only to be available for an oil heiress if she wants to go somewhere. Plane was free so he took my son down to North Carolina for bbq and back the same day. It’s a different world.
don't ever do it because you'll never want to fly commercial again. It's been 25 years since I've flown private for work and I curse commercial every time I get on a plane (which is a lot)

Jordan 4 Bred’s, an all-time staple in the sneaker game!
Makes me miss my humble collection as a younger man. I had 75+ all retros.

Back when we slept on the floor at carousel in front of sneaker stores to get them. Back when countdown packs just sat on the shelves (LOL). Once scalpers and people started paying kids to sit in line I stopped. Ironically shortly before Nike increased production and killed the exclusivity.

Good times, sitting in mall parking lots at 2am smoking and eating pizza with mall security.

My nephew is a pilot for a private owner in Las Vegas. Has a lot of time to himself but just has to be on call 24x7. He also sent me a photo of AW and him standing in front of the jet that my nephew was piloting.

Makes me miss my humble collection as a younger man. I had 75+ all retros.

Back when we slept on the floor at carousel in front of sneaker stores to get them. Back when countdown packs just sat on the shelves (LOL). Once scalpers and people started paying kids to sit in line I stopped. Ironically shortly before Nike increased production and killed the exclusivity.

Good times, sitting in mall parking lots at 2am smoking and eating pizza with mall security.
Haha well I can’t say that I’ve indulged in all those specific experiences, but yeah I miss the old sneaker days for sure. The last 3-5 years have really been impacted by the resale market/sellers, it’s certainly frustrating at times.

I got rid of my entire collection when I got married 16 years ago (I’m still not sure why exactly!)… but 5-6 years ago the passion & interest came back. Sneakers really are my hobby. I love the story telling, design, materials, colorways, artistry & just the culture in general.

I have far from unlimited funds available with a wife & 3 kids, so I really need to sell to buy. I rotate my collection pretty regularly too as preferences & style changes, currently have about 140 pairs in the collection with 10-12 for sale
IMG_9385.jpeg

Last edited:
Haha well I can’t say that I’ve indulged in all those specific experiences, but yeah I miss the old sneaker days for sure. The last 3-5 years have really been impacted by the resale market/sellers, it’s certainly frustrating at times.

I got rid of my entire collection when I got married 16 years ago (I’m still not sure why exactly!)… but 5-6 years ago the passion & interest came back. Sneakers really are my hobby. I love the story telling, design, materials, colorways, artistry & just the culture in general.

I have far from unlimited funds available with a wife & 3 kids, so I really need to sell to buy. I rotate my collection pretty regularly too as preferences & style changes, currently have about 140 pairs in the collection with 10-12 for sale
View attachment 235038
I wear a 12

View attachment 235038
Heaven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom