Class of 2014 - Denzel Ward | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Denzel Ward

I must be mixing Spearman up with someone else then
nah...I think you have the right kid. Everybody has their own opinions,which is a good thing

Love Julie, but Missy's the best kept secret on the hill. She's truly fantastic in every way and should get her fair due. Gotta love the Shafers!

I think coach Franklin will be very jealous of our staff:)

Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_ 21h
Just landed back in Chi city , it was a great visit. Now time to start making my decision.

Shaf and Smith will be at his house tomorrow. Always Be Closing.
alwaysbeclosing1.jpg

We have a great recruiting class brewing...better than the rankings! Every recruit looks like he can contribute early in career. I am sure we will have several stars. However, if Ward commits, I think he will be a huge score for the program. I hope he sees the value of being the only tackle in this class. He will also get the value of playing with Hickey who is destined for the nfl. By his sophomore season he could be the big fish...all 6'8" in our pond...and potentially an all ACC pick by then. I hope he is getting a lot of love and comes to su! All those little 200 pounders need a big dog like this in the class!

1. Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_6m
    @ALLEN_EDWARD2 remember that conversation we had in the airport about how things going to change when we get in college bro? Lmao

Expand
  2. Zaire ‏@ZiggySmalls_4m
    @DWard75_ you next or naw...?

Expand
  3. Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_4m
    @ziggysmalls_ listen my brother, text me my brother lol.

Sounds to me like whatever he wants to say, he can't say over the twitter waves. So it's obvious to me that he has made his decision or at least is 99% certain about it. Now that fact that we can logically deduce from this twitter scenario (does logic apply to twitter?) does not mean he is an SU lean, he could easily be telling Zaire that he is probably leaning the other way (wake).

Hopefully he is all Orange, and tells the staff as such on his in-home visit after the family signs off on it.

Sounds to me like whatever he wants to say, he can't say over the twitter waves. So it's obvious to me that he has made his decision or at least is 99% certain about it. Now that fact that we can logically deduce from this twitter scenario (does logic apply to twitter?) does not mean he is an SU lean, he could easily be telling Zaire that he is probably leaning the other way (wake).

Hopefully he is all Orange, and tells the staff as such on his in-home visit after the family signs off on it.

Ward isn't involved with Wake, that's Rodney who is taking an OV there this weekend. Ward is down to us an USF. The rest of the conversation...

1. Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_ 10h
  2. @ALLEN_EDWARD2 remember that conversation we had in the airport about how things going to change when we get in college bro? Lmao

1. Alin Edouard #10 ‏@ALLEN_EDWARD2 9h
    @DWard75_ I KNOW RIGHT , EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

just to clarify...

Schafer was Harbaugh's DC for a while at Stanford correct?
Shafer was Harbaugh's DC at Stanford, they are 2 similar type A personalities who were very competitive with each other and they remain good friends to this day.

Harbaugh recruited Taggart to WKU while working as an assistant for his dad, who was the WKU HC at the time. When Harbaugh got the HC job at Stanford, he hired Taggart as his RB coach. They have known each other for a long time.

Sounds promising with Ward. Really like his film. After all the disappointments recruiting OTs early in the recruiting year, it would be amazing to get this kid, who looks better than any of them to me...

Last edited:
Ward isn't involved with Wake, that's Rodney who is taking an OV there this weekend. Ward is down to us an USF. The rest of the conversation...

1. Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_ 10h
  2. @ALLEN_EDWARD2 remember that conversation we had in the airport about how things going to change when we get in college bro? Lmao

1. Alin Edouard #10 ‏@ALLEN_EDWARD2 9h
    @DWard75_ I KNOW RIGHT , EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON
Damn, I'd love to have been a fly on the wall during that conversation.