Depth Chart 2 deep for Rhode island released | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Depth Chart 2 deep for Rhode island released

Not to look ahead (ok, to totally look ahead), but the size of our LB's and our SS makes me very afraid of what Leonard Fournette is going to do

Are you implying that he'll get to the second level? DL BEAST MODE.

;)

Not to look ahead (ok, to totally look ahead), but the size of our LB's and our SS makes me very afraid of what Leonard Fournette is going to do

There are teams that are bigger and stronger than us saying the same thing. He obliterated ND in the bowl game.

I'm just thankful that they're not pass happy.

One of the good things our team does is gang tackle. The picture club or whatever it is they call it helps. But Fournette will be a beast against all defenses he plays.

I'm worrying about getting to LSU undefeated and then I'll worry about LSU. But looking ahead, LSU has Miss State and Auburn back to back before they play us. Those will be two wars that'll extract at least a small toll on them.

On a side note, I've heard LSU is going to have huge contingent of fans in the Dome. Should fun.

We should have a decent O. I think that Hunt, Philips, Estime, Ishmael, Foy, Robinson, Trudo, and Palmer are all quality players. I am sure one of the RBs will be able to step up.

The D is unknown. The DL could be better than last year. If Thompson is the real deal and Simmons/DTs are serviceable the unit will be better. BTW isn't Simmons a rush end? How did he become our biggest DE? I like our LBs. Was surprised that Thomas didn't make it into the lineup. Hopefully Hodge can transition outside, which is a small concern. CBs I am not sure what to think. I liked Whigham two years ago but he was bad last year. Winfield didn't look good last year either. Plus we will miss Reddish who finally lived up to the board's hype. I thought Eskridge was bad last year. He has a tone of talent but for whatever reason it didn't show. I am a little worried that our new SS is so small. Height doesn't matter but being under 180 can he handle playing near the LOS? Even Shamarko was over 200 lbs.

STs could be an X factor. We were bad last year yet the guy in charge by title got a free pass. That cannot happen again.

Not to jump past the URI game but I was curious to see the depth chart for Wake vs poor little Elon. Talk about a lot of Fr and R-Fr.

http://www.wakeforestsports.com/sports/m-footbl/wake-m-footbl-body.html

The kid who "scares me" in a not "i'm panicking way" but could see him having a big game is Zeek Rodney, slotted to start at NT...he chose Wake over 'Cuse because they were closer to home (at least that's what he said). We could have used him in the rotation this year for sure along with Samuels and Clark, etc.

I'm starting to think that having the local walk on starting is a good thing. Gives us one more linemen in the rotation that we can count on.

Of course it could also mean that our scholarship kids aren't living up to expectations, but I'm a glass half full guy this time of year.

I'm starting to think that having the local walk on starting is a good thing. Gives us one more linemen in the rotation that we can count on.

Of course it could also mean that our scholarship kids aren't living up to expectations, but I'm a glass half full guy this time of year.
I think it is more motivational / message sender -- but yes, that he is also serviceable if needed which is great

Most people thought the same thing w Mackey ( including me) and he turned out ok when all sad and done. I agree w Jake... Taking the coaches decision ( as their job is on line and not mine) until proven differently. Best man won

These guys can't jerk around with sending a message. Shanley won the job. We know Roberts can play so like jake said it's another kid in he rotation which we'll need.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but we do? He redshirted last year and hasn't played a down of competitive Division I football.

I guess because he was listed as #1 on the depth chart that means he can play. I would hope it does, but I am not sure I can give him that until seen in an actual game.

SUFan44 said:
Not trying to be a smart ass, but we do? He redshirted last year and hasn't played a down of competitive Division I football. I guess because he was listed as #1 on the depth chart that means he can play. I would hope it does, but I am not sure I can give him that until seen in an actual game.

He cracked the two deep. He just lacks exp. Sounds like he wasn't as consistent as the guy whose been there longer.

Not trying to be a smart ass, but we do? He redshirted last year and hasn't played a down of competitive Division I football.

I guess because he was listed as #1 on the depth chart that means he can play. I would hope it does, but I am not sure I can give him that until seen in an actual game.

I don't know if he can play but he played in the spring, and came out of spring #1 over Hayes I believe. From what I know he's looked great at times and has a nasty OL temperament.

Shanley came out of nowhere, I take this to mean his game took a huge leap up which happens. Sometimes the light bulb goes off for veterans who've been around.

I also don't know if about 10 other guys on the two deep can play. We'll just have to see what happens.

I see Shanley starting as a motivation tool for Roberts. Maybe he needs a little kick in the a$$ to be more consistent with the playbook. RI is the only game that HCSS will be able to send this message to him. I expect to see Roberts starting game #2 and the rest of the season.

usa-today-8147042.0.jpg

From what I have seen, he is pretty short and not especially athletic but he is very physical, smart and disciplined. Tough dude.

Some of the kids on scholarship could learn from him. Though I would expect he will be joining the players with a scholarship next year.