Depth Chart for Colgate | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Depth Chart for Colgate

what position is he even? ive heard or read lb, de, te, dl. with his build I think he ends up at dl down the road.

Good point, but I would have thought they would have found some place for him. Maybe his weight is slowing him down.

Another player thought: I recall someone saying that the staff was not high on Conway. Wonder if that was wrong intel or the staff just doesn't have anyone else.

Syracuse.com story indicates that Pickard has a knee injury, so it's likely that's why he isn't listed on the 2 deep for this game.

Also, Morgan and Rodney Williams are both injured so they weren't listed either.

Good point, but I would have thought they would have found some place for him. Maybe his weight is slowing him down.
I know there are some kids that they played at more than one position during camp that aren't on the 2 deep but will be used in special packages.

It's basically what we thought. I'd suggest that a true freshman beating out a P5 grad transfer might be good news.
Yes. I was gonna say the same thing. Whole heartedly agree with this. I think this says WAY more about Coleman than about the lack of ability of anyone else

I like the OL configuration, DL/DE looks to be a better group then we thought with Coleman playing his way to the starting spot, wish we would see more then 2 deep for WR as I'm sure we will see 9-10 in the game early, and with the TE position I think some might be making a bigger deal over this position then needed.

Observations:

- We now have three wide receivers, not 4. Phillips beat out Estime for the slot. Jamal Custis is now second string so we may finally get to see him.

- McGloster and Lasker are both at right tackle, with McGloster first string.

- Chris Slayton is now a defensive end. Kenneth Ruff didn't make the two deep. McKinley Williams is a 253 nose tackle while Slayton is a 296 pound end. Wilson got beat out by a freshman. Pickard is not first string. I wonder if that's because of his injury, which may also be the reason for some of the other adjustments.

Edit: This has been moved from the "When is the Depth Chart Coming Out" thread, which did not have any analysis yet, just a screen shot of the chart. That's why it contains duplicate observations from the posts above.

Last edited:
I like the OL configuration, DL/DE looks to be a better group then we thought with Coleman playing his way to the starting spot, wish we would see more then 2 deep for WR as I'm sure we will see 9-10 in the game early, and with the TE position I think some might be making a bigger deal over this position then needed.
I suspect we'll see very little TE.

love the depth chart. It's a good mix of youth and upperclassman. have no problem with young kids displacing some others. McKinley over Ty Cross for example. Heard McKinley turned some heads.

And Coleman is a beast. He might've earned the start no matter what.

Heckle at backup center must be why Hindy bailed. I like the line.

I like this team. Offense is going to be productive.

Observations:

- We now have three wide receivers, not 4. Phillips beat out Estime for the slot. Jamal Custis is now second string so we may finally get to see him.

Bailey said that Estime is the 4th WR, or 2nd slot. We'll go 4 wide plenty.

Wow. Surprised how down some of you are on this depth chart. I like it. Coleman getting the start says we have long term potential at DE. Ruff played very well in the spring game. If others are better, we'll then all right.

Conway was always said to have potential, and this confirms it. Etta-Two has speed and he gets the start. And we have Slayton and Samuels playing together on the defensive line

My concern is the safety position. Winfield, Hudson, and Dowels are a good rotation at corner, with a true frosh mixed in

Another player thought: I recall someone saying that the staff was not high on Conway. Wonder if that was wrong intel or the staff just doesn't have anyone else.

who said this?

Wow. Surprised how down some of you are on this depth chart. I like it. Coleman getting the start says we have long term potential at DE. Ruff played very well in the spring game. If others are better, we'll then all right.

Conway was always said to have potential, and this confirms it. Etta-Two has speed and he gets the start. And we have Slayton and Samuels playing together on the defensive line

My concern is the safety position. Winfield, Hudson, and Dowels are a good rotation at corner, with a true frosh mixed in

They obviously want their four best guys on the line, regardless of natural positions. That's fine but it leaves us with a huge drop-off to the second string and these guys normally alternate in modern ball. The starters average 287, the second string 258. We can't afford any injuries at all there.

Definitely a couple of mild surprises here... Embatooey beating AC is a big surprise to me...

I've heard Coleman is legit at DE... I wouldn't be too concerned with Pickard as a backup.

I think if you're on the 2-deep, you're going to play significant snaps, especially on offense and on the DL.

Excited to see some new blood. How about Burton and McGloster, two after-thought last minute throw in recruits 4 years ago.

Definitely a couple of mild surprises here... Embatooey beating AC is a big surprise to me...

I've heard Coleman is legit at DE... I wouldn't be too concerned with Pickard as a backup.

I think if you're on the 2-deep, you're going to play significant snaps, especially on offense and on the DL.

Excited to see some new blood. How about Burton and McGloster, two after-thought last minute throw in recruits 4 years ago.

Agree completely about these two, especially Burton. Guy is huge, and seems fairly athletic. Was hoping they could figure out somewhere to put him to make him useful. If he didn't have the speed, feet to play OT, always thought he could be a decent OG, just as a pure road grader. Glad he will be in the rotation, gives the younger guys more time to develop.

I'm not surprised by Amba. If i recall correctly his stats at Maryland would've made him our leading receiver.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom