Class of 2015 - Derrick Jones | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Derrick Jones

lol his head might be over the backboard at 0:35
Signed,
Rothstein
nba-boomshakalaka.png

hey mr. jones...mr. jones.mr. jones.
he got a thang...going on.

the fine philawolf chart posted above clearly shows our need at swing. we got bj period. and i need a new #42 to get the taste of louie mccroskey out of my mouth. let's get this kid in ORANGE.

Last edited:
hey mr. jones...mr. jones.mr. jones.
he got a thang...going on.

the fine philawolf chart posted above clearly shows our need at swing. we got bj period. and i need a new #42 to get the taste of louie mccroskey out of my mouth. let's get this kid in ORANGE.

@AdamZagoria: 2015 wing Derrick Jones will visit UConn June 30, his dad tells @SNYtv. Will visit UK, Louisville & Cuse after July.

@AdamZagoria: After his UConn visit today, 2015 wing Derrick Jones dropped 30 points at a Dyckman Park Game tonight

After his UConn visit today, 2015 wing Derrick Jones dropped 30 points at a Dyckman Park Game tonight and then was elected pre-committment captain of the UConn Husky Basketball team while also being voted Governor of Connecticut. While in Storrs Jones laid out a plan for peace in the Middle East, outlined an economic revitalization plan for America's disappearing manufacturing sector and was named Nobel Laureate in the arts for reciting a poem in which he extolls the virtues of Kevin Ollie and UConn basketball.

Watched a full game of Jones that he played in the spring a few days ago. I had shared my thoughts on twitter but for those that missed it you can check it out below.

D. Francis@OttoWorld365 · Jun 29
Jones just had a sequence where he missed a corner J, but hustled down to alter a fast break shot, and then was fouled on a dunk attempt.

D. Francis@OttoWorld365 · Jun 30
At the half I have Jones charted with 9pts, 1rbd, 1ast, 5-7ft. He had a few nice finishes and passes around the basket.

On the flip side, he has moments where he drifts out on the court and becomes a non-factor on both ends. Lack of strength is also an issue.

Jones finished with 12pts, 3-4fg, 6-11ft, 3rbs, and 2ast. Besides a high flying dunk in transition it was mostly a quiet 2nd half for him.

Overall thoughts. When aggressive and involved in the action, he can be a very good player. Problem is that only shows up 50% of the time.

Personally at this point I see more Jerami Grant than Wes Johnson for his upside.

Meaning that we'll see several explosive plays that will make us say wow! But will the overall consistency be there throughout the year?

To add on, I really think he needs to go to a school that plays at a face pace and pushes the tempo. It's no coincidence that he has had his best games in streetball kind of settings like Dyckman and MKC, because his best plays and effort comes on the break in transition where he can go full speed on both ends. At times he looks bored and disinterested in the half-court and he's basically a non-factor rebounding inside amongst the trees. I think a school like Louisville would be the perfect fit for him. Where he can play a full court game and he'll always have to keep the intensity high or he'll be sitting down.

Watched a full game of Jones that he played in the spring a few days ago. I had shared my thoughts on twitter but for those that missed it you can check it out below.

D. Francis@OttoWorld365 · Jun 29
Jones just had a sequence where he missed a corner J, but hustled down to alter a fast break shot, and then was fouled on a dunk attempt.

At the half I have Jones charted with 9pts, 1rbd, 1ast, 5-7ft. He had a few nice finishes and passes around the basket.

On the flip side, he has moments where he drifts out on the court and becomes a non-factor on both ends. Lack of strength is also an issue.

Jones finished with 12pts, 3-4fg, 6-11ft, 3rbs, and 2ast. Besides a high flying dunk in transition it was mostly a quiet 2nd half for him.

Overall thoughts. When aggressive and involved in the action, he can be a very good player. Problem is that only shows up 50% of the time.

Personally at this point I see more Jerami Grant than Wes Johnson for his upside.

Meaning that we'll see several explosive plays that will make us say wow! But will the overall consistency be there throughout the year?

To add on, I really think he needs to go to a school that plays at a face pace and pushes the tempo. It's no coincidence that he has had his best games in streetball kind of settings like Dyckman and MKC, because his best plays and effort comes on the break in transition where he can go full speed on both ends. At times he looks bored and disinterested in the half-court and he's basically a non-factor rebounding inside amongst the trees. I think a school like Louisville would be the perfect fit for him. Where he can play a full court game and he'll always have to keep the intensity high or he'll be sitting down.
Thanks as always my friend.

D Jones NBA Top 100 Camp Mix:

This kid has what you can not teach. I want this kid. Tremendous athleticism, and finishes around the hoop with dunks or the soft touch. He would be a great get for the program.