Class of 2015 - Derrick Jones | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Derrick Jones

Can never be overconfident in a battle with Cal because from what I understand the son loves SU, but Mr. Jones is very interested in what UK can offer.
Doesn't it always seem this way, the people who want the money from the person that will eventually earn it, stepping in to decide?
I think we've seen that before. ;)
Hopefully, the son picks with his own mind, not a dependency's.

Not an easy one, but its not like Cal gets everyone he wants. We beat him for DC2... Kansas got Wiggins... hopefully Jones goes where his style of play is a perfect fit.

Well, let's be honest, DC2 was a special case. Who have we beaten them for who didn't grow up in Syracuse?

Ok... with Joseph on board and Whitehead and Goodluck seemingly unlikely for '14, it seems Jones is the next guy in line to start obsessing over every tweet, every TShirt color in instagram pictures, and every rumor mill mention?

Ok... with Joseph on board and Whitehead and Goodluck seemingly unlikely for '14, it seems Jones is the next guy in line to start obsessing over every tweet, every TShirt color in instagram pictures, and every rumor mill mention?

If we stick with a 2 member 2014 class, that leaves 2 available scholarships for 2015 if nobody leaves early. If CM leaves as a one and done as most think that opens a 3rd ship. Looks like the top targets, 1A/1B are Thomas Bryant PF and Derrick Jones SF. I think both will be at the Elite Camp 8/31.

From what's being reported/suspected this could be a quick recruitment. Right now he is slated to be at the Elite Camp on August 31 and he is visiting UK for their alumni game on September 9.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/derrick-jones-to-visit-syracuse-kentucky/

If we stick with a 2 member 2014 class, that leaves 2 available scholarships for 2015 if nobody leaves early. If CM leaves as a one and done as most think that opens a 3rd ship. Looks like the top targets, 1A/1B are Thomas Bryant PF and Derrick Jones SF. I think both will be at the Elite Camp 8/31.
I agree... but I say Jones is the next to obsess over because, if I recall correctly, he has indicated a November commit date. I'm thinking we might be able to get a 4 person 15 class. McCullough 1 and done and either Grant or DC2 leaving after junior seasons. Dream class would be Bryant, Jones, Briscoe (unlikely) or Richardson, and Diallo or Diagne. But as they say on the Price is Right... Derrick Jones, COME ON DOWN!

I agree... but I say Jones is the next to obsess over because, if I recall correctly, he has indicated a November commit date. I'm thinking we might be able to get a 4 person 15 class. McCullough 1 and done and either Grant or DC2 leaving after junior seasons. Dream class would be Bryant, Jones, Briscoe (unlikely) or Richardson, and Diallo or Diagne. But as they say on the Price is Right... Derrick Jones, COME ON DOWN!

Bryant, Jones, and Richardson...call it a day. Would be nice to get Jones on early like we did with McCullough. Nice center piece to attract other top players.

Bryant, Jones, and Richardson...call it a day. Would be nice to get Jones on early like we did with McCullough. Nice center piece to attract other top players.

I think it will go Richardson, Bryant OR Jones, and a center.

Do you think Bryant will play the three at the collegiate level? Big difference in size and weight between Bryant and Jones.

Do you think Bryant will play the three at the collegiate level? Big difference in size and weight between Bryant and Jones.

Bryant is a pure 4, PF. Jones is a 3.

Think we'd def take Jones AND Bryant... both wings but bring very diff skill sets. Could see Jones even getting some time at 2. Need a guard since i think Ennis may be 2 and through and leaves us just Joseph.

Is Bryant pretty much a lock at this point?

Less to do with Bryant and Jones and more to do with thinking we need another center than another forward. I really don't know though. :noidea:

Read a report that UK has already sold 17,000 tickets to this weekend's alumni game that Jones will be attending.

Let's hope it stays crickets for a while after, and that he's truly unimpressed.

Read a report that UK has already sold 17,000 tickets to this weekend's alumni game that Jones will be attending.

Let's hope it stays crickets for a while after, and that he's truly unimpressed.
I'm just hoping he hates the color blue.
Damn you Kenturkey!

pretty sure JB/Hop would include a 4 year program guy to the class. Lyndon would be a good option. I think they want to stay away from the UK 5 star or bust mold

:eek:
Freak of a sideshow freakshow!
Please land this guy. Please.

Modern day Stevie Thompson. And then some.
Just took a break from the Cowboys/Giants game to sniff around ... and here you are. You're a basketball animal. ;) (and Stevie was a helluva player).

I think the Ky alumni/charity game is tonight. Hopefully, Jones wasn't there the entire weekend as well (3 days of exposure to all that booster money).

We need this recruit. I don't care what anyone thinks.

We need derrick jones. This kid is legitimate he's our next great guard.

Agreed. Think a commitment from him this fall would get the ball rolling for others for '15. Should be a Super-Mega-Awesome class or 5 or 6 players.

Agreed. Think a commitment from him this fall would get the ball rolling for others for '15. Should be a Super-Mega-Awesome class or 5 or 6 players.
D. Jones = Super-Mega-Awesome :)
Let's go, folks!
Francis, how we looking with this guy?
And how are you, bro? I hope all is well.

D. Jones = Super-Mega-Awesome :)
Let's go, folks!
Francis, how we looking with this guy?
And how are you, bro? I hope all is well.

Hopefully D. Jones, T. Bryant, M. Diagne, M. Richardson, T. Lydon, and a PG Super-Mega-Awesome.

We need this recruit. I don't care what anyone thinks.

We need derrick jones. This kid is legitimate he's our next great guard.
I love Jones, but doesn't he project, at this point, as a forward? He is a spectacular athlete, but his skills are still developing. Unless he has improved since the last video I saw. I think he is ranked really highly based upon his elite athleticism and potential.