Class of 2015 - Derrick Jones | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Derrick Jones

The feeling is mutual, D. Jones. The feeling is mutual.

yvymese9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m/

Holy shnikies, I just watched some highlight clips of this kid for the first time. WOW. I loved what I saw! The second clip in the syracuse.com article on him was really impressive. Great moves to get to the basket, especially his spin moves. Looks like he may have a decent handle. And talk about high flying! This kid is a human highlight reel. A lot of his dunks reminded me of Wes for some reason. I just hope he can put on about 20 pounds before he goes to college. Would love to see Jones wearing #24 in orange!

Holy shnikies, I just watched some highlight clips of this kid for the first time. WOW. I loved what I saw! The second clip in the syracuse.com article on him was really impressive. Great moves to get to the basket, especially his spin moves. Looks like he may have a decent handle. And talk about high flying! This kid is a human highlight reel. A lot of his dunks reminded me of Wes for some reason. I just hope he can put on about 20 pounds before he goes to college. Would love to see Jones wearing #24 in orange!
I see Wes too. If he polishes that jump shot, mini-Wes! Seems like he's active defensively, too. I hope to get some full games this year. His team lost to Imhotep in the PA finals last year. (Different title than BJ's)

Any chance we asked him politely to skip the UK alumni game as a wink wink nod nod that he'll commit here?

That would be nice. Maybe we will find out something soon. We have been there for a while recruiting him.

The post up moves and dunks remind me of Hak. Similar skinny frame too but he still manages to post up and score. The spin moves are classic Hak type move.

Scout's CuseNation account tweeted about an update of "where Cuse stands with Derrick Jones". Anyone with a subscription, share the wealth!

I'd say this kid would be our next top 5 draft pick if we land him...

However, we're also possibly looking at top 5 picks like CM, possibly Diallo and who knows what Bryant/Richardson could bring as well..

I'd say this kid would be our next top 5 draft pick if we land him...

However, we're also possibly looking at top 5 picks like CM, possibly Diallo and who knows what Bryant/Richardson could bring as well..

Seems like we are more interested in Diagne than Diallo at this point...

Scout's CuseNation account tweeted about an update of "where Cuse stands with Derrick Jones". Anyone with a subscription, share the wealth!
Nothing too earth shattering. His coach did allude to us recruiting Derrick the hardest and he also said he hasn't heard from KY at all.

We're high on his list but no favs and no decision any time soon. Sounds like he'd like to take all his visits (at least according to his coach).

Nothing too earth shattering. His coach did allude to us recruiting Derrick the hardest and he also said he hasn't heard from KY at all.

We're high on his list but no favs and no decision any time soon. Sounds like he'd like to take all his visits (at least according to his coach).
Hmmm... he said at one point he wanted to decide by November. Was hoping that would remain true because we seem to be in the best position at the moment.

Hmmm... he said at one point he wanted to decide by November. Was hoping that would remain true because we seem to be in the best position at the moment.
i think that was tyus jones. it was a zags article and he mentioned both players so it was tough to follow.

Francis or Jake any gut feelings where this kid ends up? Has to be good news if he hasnt visited Kentucky and will announce in November.

Francis or Jake any gut feelings where this kid ends up? Has to be good news if he hasnt visited Kentucky and will announce in November.
Tyus Jones will announce in November...not Derrick Jones. He probably won't announce until next summer or fall.